Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Whinge :(

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Sierra, I could be reading this wrong, but you're having feelings for the same sex?
    Yes, myf, I'm a lesbian. Misidentified myself as bisexual for years, just can't be with men romantically! I've dated way more women than men for the same reason...


    like a rolling thunder chasing the wind...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FNQ
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Good on you for having the guts to put it out there! I know alot of people who wouldn't dare say that they're ***.

    ETA

    Oh come ON, why is G a y a blocked word? Puhlease!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoarderPoo View Post
    Sounds like you just need to tell her straight up what your feeling. Whats the point of Beating around the bush!!!

    And at least if you tell her you will know exactly where you stand so you can avoid possible heart break in the future, and she might be feeling the same way. At least when you know you can work out some sort of arrangement which works for you both. Even if it just ends up as a fling, you had fun right?
    That's the thing, BoarderPoo! We've known about each other's feelings for almost 1.5 years now and nothing has changed because I'm afraid to lose the friendship we have. I dated my best friend when I was 16 and we haven't been the same since even though I talk to her regularly.

    It is good advice though We are just together like a couple when she is here or I am there, but while she's in the States we're just friends. I prefer it like this because it means we can't lose the friendship by dating. Emotional stuff ruins the best friendships!


    like a rolling thunder chasing the wind...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Good on you for having the guts to put it out there! I know alot of people who wouldn't dare say that they're ***.

    ETA

    Oh come ON, why is G a y a blocked word? Puhlease!
    Thanks Brittany! Strangely I've never felt the need to hide it, not even when I was in a conservative Christian highschool LOL.

    The word should be allowed! Wtf


    like a rolling thunder chasing the wind...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Sierra,

    I thought you were a male....I am really not good at this...
    I love cooking but I love eating even more.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hachna View Post
    Sierra,

    I thought you were a male....I am really not good at this...


    I am very much female! I look it too, everyone is convinced I don't 'look' like someone with my sexuality should...


    like a rolling thunder chasing the wind...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    I ask because if your friend isn't a lesbian/bisexual, then admitting your feelings to her may 'ruin' your friendship.
    Its goes for anyone. Admitting feelings for your friends(male or female) can often see the friendship fall apart.
    I think you need to ask what you value more, her as a friend which you will have a forever, or a partner, where in the end, if the relationship doesn't work out, you will never be friends like you used to.

    I love your new siggy btw
    Education not Legislation

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    I ask because if your friend isn't a lesbian/bisexual, then admitting your feelings to her may 'ruin' your friendship.
    Its goes for anyone. Admitting feelings for your friends(male or female) can often see the friendship fall apart.
    I think you need to ask what you value more, her as a friend which you will have a forever, or a partner, where in the end, if the relationship doesn't work out, you will never be friends like you used to.

    I love your new siggy btw
    Thanks! I had some good photos taken of the pack over the Xmas period

    She is a lesbian, and aware of my feelings. She also has them for me which is why it's complicated. I don't do well in relationships (I'm bipolar and unmedicated right now) and we both agree that dating would ruin what we have. I'll take her as a friend rather than a lover any day. It's just weird because while she was here we sat in the plane between friend and partner--acting romantic, kissing, sex, etc. But we will never be together and I'm okay with that.

    Complex situation...none of my family understands why we don't just date because it's 'obvious'


    like a rolling thunder chasing the wind...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    Sierra

    I think you're a bit raw - like grieving almost - because she's only just left. But you will grow stronger, just give it a bit of time.

    I suspect G a y is blocked because a lot of people say it like it's a bad thing. Curious thing given how long I've been on the net, in the early years (mid nineties - yes the net was around then), all the other posters thought I was a bloke because I'd pick user names that were ambiguous - because if I let them know I was female, all they could think about was sex which kind of ruins the conversation. But if anyone said something one of the others didn't like then the G word and a whole lot of other words for h o m o sexual and penis-less would be used as abuse. Of course being female and straight - it was a bit hard to be intimidated by accusations of having no penis or liking men. Nuts.

    So I'd come back with "you say that like it's a bad thing" and of course - even in the mid nineties it was generally unacceptable, even in the geek community, to be h o m o phobic, or abusive to women. Football fans were a little harder to turn around but they soon saw how stupid it would make a person look, who couldn't come up with a more relevant insult.

    Hmm, that will probably send the thread off somewhere it doesn't belong, but a good distraction will probably help right now, yes?

  10. #20

    Default

    As a person who has had same sex relationships, I find it very insulting that G-A-Y is blocked.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •