Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Do You Have an Accent?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Maybe I should reword my post

    NSW'ers sound different to QLD'ers, Novocastrians sound different to Sydney siders, Tamworth sounds different to Bondi, if you get what I mean now? (sorry it wasn't clear before)

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post


    Ask DA, Greys, SPRV and AF if I have an accent.....HAHAHAHA

    Just a "tiny" one....maybe ....I can't hear it though Attachment 1734
    I can't hear my parents accent...but my friends all tell me they have a strong South African accent! Strange hey!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkay View Post
    So to all you Aussies. Is there a distinct accent from the different parts of Oz? Because you all sound pretty much the same to me. Some have a stronger accent than others but can you tell where people come from by their accent like you can in the UK?
    I think there is deffinate distinctions between regions
    (lol sort of the whole reason for my posting!)

  4. #14

    Default

    I posted a short clip of Tara the other day. You can hear me speak on that.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Just a tad Dorte, just a tad! PMSL. I love Cleas' accent. I love just hearing ppl's accents to tell the truth. Sometimes I'll be a pain and ask them to say something again - I heard them the first time, just like to hear them say particular words again.

    I have ppl who pick up on my NZ accent. Especially when I'm counting past 5. Lol.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Just a tad Dorte, just a tad! PMSL. I love Cleas' accent. I love just hearing ppl's accents to tell the truth. Sometimes I'll be a pain and ask them to say something again - I heard them the first time, just like to hear them say particular words again.

    I have ppl who pick up on my NZ accent. Especially when I'm counting past 5. Lol.
    DA....i never have probs understanding Dorte..guess i'm used to deep accents considering my FIL is Italian & MIL is German, but both speak more Aussie slang than me... but sh*t it sounds ruddy funny listening to my FIL speak German with Italian accent

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDs4Ever View Post
    I posted a short clip of Tara the other day. You can hear me speak on that.
    just went and had a listen again, lol you didn't realise it was on at first did you?

    Yes to me you have an accent especially when you say 'i dunno and taken it'

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lala Land!!!
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    according to my family and friends i sound very british, I only notice it sometimes bit apparently im like that most of the time

    Breeding, Showing, Training and general crazy making!!!
    If you seek understanding listen to the music, not the song.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkay View Post
    So to all you Aussies. Is there a distinct accent from the different parts of Oz? Because you all sound pretty much the same to me. Some have a stronger accent than others but can you tell where people come from by their accent like you can in the UK?
    Yes definatly, I can pick a born and bred North Qlder by vocal pitch alone

    Regional dialects are getting more h0mogenous now though because people move around much more than they did once and absorb different dialects.


    edit due to word filter.
    Last edited by Beau; 03-18-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: due to word filter disagreeing with the word ****geneous
    If you find yourself going through hell; Don't stay. Just keep on going.
    Beau.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Dorte is extremely coherent and well spoken. No problem understanding her either. I particularly have a fondness for Irish and scottish accents though.

    I wouldn't hear a word to tell the truth, I'd just be melting at the words lilting off their tongues. Sigh...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •