Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: How Insensitive Can Kids Be?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Unfortunately when they reach their 30s and don't live at home, they do whatever they want to! One day he will get a reality check! Some times he can be a good kid and can be thoughtful like when Ralph first came home from Sydney Uni, he came over a couple of afternoons to help me with Ralph, but other times he is just insensitive! Like I never thought that I would get to 50 after breast cancer in my 30s, respiratory collapse (died twice in a couple of days), back in 2002. Loads of other health problems etc., so to me it is a really big milestone. Obviously it isn't such a big thing to him!
    Hey, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. I am just now resigned to the fact that it doesn't matter to him.
    I know ALL about that...trust me. Both my sisters in Denmark have been told they are not to contact me and they are no longer my sisters...long story!

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    I know ALL about that...trust me. Both my sisters in Denmark have been told they are not to contact me and they are no longer my sisters...long story!
    Well it sounds like you have a great husband, kids, and fur kids Dorte and you seem like a lovely person, so it is your sisters bad luck that they can't be a part of it!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Well it sounds like you have a great husband, kids, and fur kids Dorte and you seem like a lovely person, so it is your sisters bad luck that they can't be a part of it!
    Ditto!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    Hi Bohemiannic

    Seems to me like you're a committed member of the SKI club if there is already nothing left for your kids. Excellent work. Don't forget if there is any equity in your home you should be able to get rid of that with something called a "reverse mortgage".

    Personally I don't think AC/DC exists without Bon. Plenty of people in my town enjoyed the concert from outside the stadium. I did hear the sound quality was amazing even though it was on the cricket oval.

    Cleasanta - with your sisters - are they not old enough to make their own decisions about you now? With the internet and all, it should be easy for them to sneak contact with you if they want, if they know where/how. I guess there might be other reasons why they wouldn't but I think I couldn't resist letting them know how, once a year or so.

    Although I do seem to take my siblings a lot for granted. My brother is doing car race all this weekend. I guess he is a rev head at heart. And my sister lives in Perth - which is SO FAR AWAY. And I'm always forgetting everybody's birthdays. I think she managed to turn 40 last year without telling me. I think I'm just supposed to know.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post

    Cleasanta - with your sisters - are they not old enough to make their own decisions about you now? With the internet and all, it should be easy for them to sneak contact with you if they want, if they know where/how. I guess there might be other reasons why they wouldn't but I think I couldn't resist letting them know how, once a year or so.
    Hyacinth...I have told them not to contact me again.....ever! Lets just say...one of them promised to look after my son when he moved back to Denmark to study...only to treat him like absolutely sh!t...and that was it for me! Never again will they be a part of my life...as I have decided I will surround myself with people how actually give a damn about other people but themselves!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    Sorry Cleasanta

    I didn't realise it was you that told them from your post.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faroogoo View Post
    The only gig i would go see instead of a family engagement would be AC/DC only cause its likely the last time they tour OZ.

    But i didnt have any issues as i took my Mum,bro,sis with me,she's still an AC/DC fan at 50 lol.

    But any other band,no way i'd put infront of family.
    He could have offered to take me to see The Prodigy! Or I would have understood if it was Metallica and only then is he took me too!
    I agree with Hyacinth that AC/DC isn't the same without Bon!

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    He could have offered to take me to see The Prodigy! Or I would have understood if it was Metallica and only then is he took me too!
    I agree with Hyacinth that AC/DC isn't the same without Bon!
    I also agree i prefer Bon, but i had to see Angus & Malcolm in action. The crowd went crazy when they put up pics of Bon on the big screens.

    Back on topic,there has to be a pretty good gift in order to make up for this whole ordeal though...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you're going through hell, keep going"

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faroogoo View Post
    I also agree i prefer Bon, but i had to see Angus & Malcolm in action. The crowd went crazy when they put up pics of Bon on the big screens.

    Back on topic,there has to be a pretty good gift in order to make up for this whole ordeal though...
    I doubt it! It is always the same with him "I'm broke"!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, australia
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Okay, I am just blowing off steam here (mods delete if you wish),
    so, I am getting married this friday and turn 50 this saturday.
    My 32 year old son just told me "that he bought tickets to go to a gig saturday night and won't be able to help celebrate my birthday and by the way is broke as well, we might catch up for dinner next week"!
    What I want to know is am I over reacting?
    This is the son I lost everything for just to pay private solicitors and family law court to get his son back, this son is the reason why I am renting and don't own a house anymore or have a high paid job in Queensland any more!
    Mmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder what would happen if I missed his birthday?
    I am so with you Bo, no doubt we love our little dears, but really when push comes to shove, sometimes I would like to shove them off the nearest cliff because of lack of thought!! However, the consolation is that they too will be our age one day and baby......eat sh*t and die!!!! Because what goes around comes around and the next generation will no doubt take our revenge on their parents on our behalf.

    Have a wonderful birthday with those who WANT to celebraite with you......(what time do you want me to arrive)??????? xxx
    Last edited by Shar Pei Rescue Victoria; 03-11-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    SPR fosters:Rowland, Matrix, Mia, Arizona, Romeo, Wrinkles, George, Molly, Su Lin, Ellie, Charlie, Charlotte, Lulu, Montana http://www.sharpeirescue.com.au

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •