Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Relay for Life

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    This is a wonderful thing you are doing. I lost my father to cancer when I was quite young.

    My step daughter is shaving her head to raise money(not sure if she'll go thru with it) but lately her hair has been getting shorter and shorter. She's got the forms and has asked her school if they have any objections which they don't.

    SD suffers from depression and is always seeking attention from her peers. I'm hoping she's doing this for the right reasons, because she doesn't know anyone who has cancer. Only heard about my father.

    I will be putting my "purse" behind her and supporting her in this but would still like to wish you all the best and hope that your friend can overcome her battle against this horrible disease.

  2. #12

    Default

    thanks

    I was thinking of doing my head, but just couldnt!!

    Almost had a girl i work with talked into doing it, but she changed her mind!!!

    www.cinspets.com.au
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

  3. #13

    Default

    OMG I have just been told a friend has 1, maybe 2 giant dog suits we can borrow! I get to do relay for life as a dog! PMSL

    www.cinspets.com.au
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorbull View Post
    Hi Everyone

    Hope it is ok to post this.

    In March I am doing the Relay For Life.

    A very good friend of the family has just started treatment for Breast Cancer, we are doing this in support for her. She is going to try to make it and walk with us, but it will all depend on how she is feeling on the day.

    She is shaving her head next week, so when she starts to lose her hair people will already be used to it

    Since making the choice to do the Relay for Life, I have also found out a life long friend, her 7 year old daughter has cancer, there is a good chance she will be fine and is being operated on today to remove a lump in her neck. It is still a very scary thing for her and her family.

    I have also lost 2 very good friends to cancer

    It is such a horrible thing to have to go through.

    If anyone would like to donate, our Team is The Glow Worms, and you can donate through the link in my Sig.

    Thanks

    Cin
    Hi Cin, Great to hear your doing the Relay. I had breast cancer just over 12 years ago and it was very frightening. I now work for the ANZ Breast Cancer Trials Group who coordinate breast cancer trials in Australia and New Zealand. The only way this research can be done is by generous donations from people like yourself and research grants from Universities, Govt etc. Our trials are not only for people already experiencing Breast Cancer, but for Women who have strong family histories of Breast Cancer and trying to prevent them from also being a statistic of this terrible disease.
    Hope you get a hugh sponsorship for the Relay.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Hi Cin, Great to hear your doing the Relay. I had breast cancer just over 12 years ago and it was very frightening. I now work for the ANZ Breast Cancer Trials Group who coordinate breast cancer trials in Australia and New Zealand. The only way this research can be done is by generous donations from people like yourself and research grants from Universities, Govt etc. Our trials are not only for people already experiencing Breast Cancer, but for Women who have strong family histories of Breast Cancer and trying to prevent them from also being a statistic of this terrible disease.
    Hope you get a hugh sponsorship for the Relay.


    Thanks

    I am getting more and more excited about it!

    A girl I used to work with got tested for something, every female in her family has had cancer, they did a test and came back saying she has a 90% chance of getting it

    Very scary

    Our friend isnt doing so well, she has started to lose her hair, and is very very tired, I was going to see her today, but i am not feeling 100% and would hate to give her something

    www.cinspets.com.au
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

  6. #16

    Default

    yay! It is this weekend!! that came around fast!

    Sadly we didnt sell all the raffle tickets I still have 2 books here, and a few that have not been finished to be dropped in - Next year i will remember not to get as many!

    have banked just under $1000 with more to go in tomorrow morning. Then just wait and see what we raise on the night!!

    Thanks for all the support here!

    www.cinspets.com.au
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    From someone who is fighting her way through this bloody disease and who will emerge from the other end in time, like Bo did...I thank you for all the time and effort that you, your friends and all doing this have put in and continue to do so yearly.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    From someone who is fighting her way through this bloody disease and who will emerge from the other end in time, like Bo did...I thank you for all the time and effort that you, your friends and all doing this have put in and continue to do so yearly.




    We had our final meeting tonight, it is going to be a very emotional night, but I am really looking forward to it
    Our friend is very very sick at the moment, so she does not think she will be there on the weekend, but she knows we are all doing this for her

    Looks like I will be merging with another team next year, anothing DOLer is doing it, and we have some good ideas for fundraising, so were talking about doing to all together next year - either as one - or as both teams going in on it

    www.cinspets.com.au
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorbull View Post


    We had our final meeting tonight, it is going to be a very emotional night, but I am really looking forward to it
    Our friend is very very sick at the moment, so she does not think she will be there on the weekend, but she knows we are all doing this for her

    Looks like I will be merging with another team next year, anothing DOLer is doing it, and we have some good ideas for fundraising, so were talking about doing to all together next year - either as one - or as both teams going in on it
    Hi Cin, Even if you friend is too sick to be there on the weekend, she will be with you in thought. I hope the weather will be kind for the relay. Best of luck with it all, and healthy thoughts and prayers for your friend.

  10. #20

    Default

    yeah, we are not talking about the weather at the moment LOL

    LAst weekend we were flooded in most parts of town, the ground is sooooo wet, so fingers crossed it drys out and stays that way!

    Just counted the money I am banking tomorrow - we have $650 here to add to our total!

    www.cinspets.com.au
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •