Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 192

Thread: For the Younger Members

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    How'd you guys go with your 5 am starts?

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Terrible xP
    I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep
    Work was sh!t as.
    how about u? how did you go with your... whatever AM start?

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    I got up like an hour ago. Still trying to wake up.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,602

    Default

    oh you young'uns, so cute.

    For me the generation divide is - did you learn grammar and good spelling, do u use txt wrds or creative spelling... and your favourite bands are ones I've never heard of, and you've got no clue who wrote/sang "Too many times" or "The Reflex" or "Pleasure and Pain".

    So for DGP's skin.
    Two potential cures.
    1. the pill - no kidding. There's a variety of pills and side effects but my favourites are no more (two week long with giant cramps) periods, and no more pimples on my face.
    2. Stop using soap or detergent and switch to Sorbelene. I use Redwin Sorbelene body wash - you can get it from Woolies/big W here. There is also something called Ego or Evo and another called Sapoderm (the liquid) that is helpful but the straight sorbolene is better. The more you purge the oil from your skin - even if it's dry - the worse your skin will get.
    3. Wipe the dirt off your face with a damp cloth several times a day. If you're outside a lot use a sunscreen with vitamin E. Otherwise avoid moisturiser as much as possible -because it's like sticky fly paper for dirt.
    4. vigorous exercise and lots of water is good for flushing your skin but you need to keep it clean as well ie shower after. Rain water is better than chlorinated town water (acid) if you can get it.
    5. Keep your hands away from your face.
    6. for the occasional itchy pimply out break - I've found zorvirax or blistex cold sore cream helps. It's for cold sores but it seems to work on pimples too. NFI why. The pimple creams/washes with benzoyl peroxide (bleach) can help clear up pimples and blackheads but can make things worse by irritating the skin and sending pimple production into over drive.

    Blackheads are usually pores with oil that have trapped some dirt. So if you can work on reducing the amount of dirt - that helps. If the pores get blocked by the dirt and the immune system kicks in to get rid of it - then you get pimples.

    And the really bad news - my grandmother was still getting pimples when she was 70 though the causes were different. And I still get them if I'm not careful / clean, and I'm over 40.

    Hope that helps...

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    oh you young'uns, so cute.

    For me the generation divide is - did you learn grammar and good spelling, do u use txt wrds or creative spelling... and your favourite bands are ones I've never heard of, and you've got no clue who wrote/sang "Too many times" or "The Reflex" or "Pleasure and Pain".

    So for DGP's skin.
    Two potential cures.
    1. the pill - no kidding. There's a variety of pills and side effects but my favourites are no more (two week long with giant cramps) periods, and no more pimples on my face.
    2. Stop using soap or detergent and switch to Sorbelene. I use Redwin Sorbelene body wash - you can get it from Woolies/big W here. There is also something called Ego or Evo and another called Sapoderm (the liquid) that is helpful but the straight sorbolene is better. The more you purge the oil from your skin - even if it's dry - the worse your skin will get.
    3. Wipe the dirt off your face with a damp cloth several times a day. If you're outside a lot use a sunscreen with vitamin E. Otherwise avoid moisturiser as much as possible -because it's like sticky fly paper for dirt.
    4. vigorous exercise and lots of water is good for flushing your skin but you need to keep it clean as well ie shower after. Rain water is better than chlorinated town water (acid) if you can get it.
    5. Keep your hands away from your face.
    6. for the occasional itchy pimply out break - I've found zorvirax or blistex cold sore cream helps. It's for cold sores but it seems to work on pimples too. NFI why. The pimple creams/washes with benzoyl peroxide (bleach) can help clear up pimples and blackheads but can make things worse by irritating the skin and sending pimple production into over drive.

    Blackheads are usually pores with oil that have trapped some dirt. So if you can work on reducing the amount of dirt - that helps. If the pores get blocked by the dirt and the immune system kicks in to get rid of it - then you get pimples.

    And the really bad news - my grandmother was still getting pimples when she was 70 though the causes were different. And I still get them if I'm not careful / clean, and I'm over 40.

    Hope that helps...
    Aaah, you know so much.
    Yea, I get the whole
    the pimple creams/washes with benzoyl peroxide (bleach) can help clear up pimples and blackheads but can make things worse by irritating the skin and sending pimple production into over drive.
    thing. I only use my emergency pimple stick when I need it to help clear one of those annoyingly big pimples fast (cant say it works THAT well.. just a tad) but one time I accidentally blotted it onto a clear patch of skin, and the next day my chin was like a pimple-town.
    Never will I make that mistake again.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    oh you young'uns, so cute.

    For me the generation divide is - did you learn grammar and good spelling, do u use txt wrds or creative spelling... and your favourite bands are ones I've never heard of, and you've got no clue who wrote/sang "Too many times" or "The Reflex" or "Pleasure and Pain".

    So for DGP's skin.
    Two potential cures.
    1. the pill - no kidding. There's a variety of pills and side effects but my favourites are no more (two week long with giant cramps) periods, and no more pimples on my face.
    2. Stop using soap or detergent and switch to Sorbelene. I use Redwin Sorbelene body wash - you can get it from Woolies/big W here. There is also something called Ego or Evo and another called Sapoderm (the liquid) that is helpful but the straight sorbolene is better. The more you purge the oil from your skin - even if it's dry - the worse your skin will get.
    3. Wipe the dirt off your face with a damp cloth several times a day. If you're outside a lot use a sunscreen with vitamin E. Otherwise avoid moisturiser as much as possible -because it's like sticky fly paper for dirt.
    4. vigorous exercise and lots of water is good for flushing your skin but you need to keep it clean as well ie shower after. Rain water is better than chlorinated town water (acid) if you can get it.
    5. Keep your hands away from your face.
    6. for the occasional itchy pimply out break - I've found zorvirax or blistex cold sore cream helps. It's for cold sores but it seems to work on pimples too. NFI why. The pimple creams/washes with benzoyl peroxide (bleach) can help clear up pimples and blackheads but can make things worse by irritating the skin and sending pimple production into over drive.

    Blackheads are usually pores with oil that have trapped some dirt. So if you can work on reducing the amount of dirt - that helps. If the pores get blocked by the dirt and the immune system kicks in to get rid of it - then you get pimples.

    And the really bad news - my grandmother was still getting pimples when she was 70 though the causes were different. And I still get them if I'm not careful / clean, and I'm over 40.

    Hope that helps...
    Thanks Hyacinth! I need to be extremely careful with my skin as it's ridiculously sensitive. The reason I get the clogged pores is because of my sunscreen. Being the colour of an recently embalmed dead person, I need to wear sunscreen all the time. Plus skin cancer is in my family. I've finally managed to find products that 'work' for my skin

    *MooGoo Soothing Balm
    *MooGoo Eczema and Psoriasis Balm (For when I need extra moisture
    *Hope's Relief Cream
    *Planet Earth face wash
    *Garnier pimple roller...I use that on pimples and if I have a nasty blackhead.
    * Garnier eye roller thingy..This is only temporary solution.
    *St.Ives Blemish Scrub
    *Planet Earth Sugar Scrub

    Of course, I don't use all of these in one go, I alternate on what my skin seems to need. It seems to have made me skin really smooth and I only have two acne scars to get rid of Now I just need something for the fine lines under my eyes and I don't need makeup!

    Extremely girly post lol

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,602

    Default

    You might want to try some different types of sunscreen and also a big hat and covering up.

    Some sunscreens make my face break out more than others. My niece recently had a massive red inflamation from Hamiltons toddler super sensitive sunscreen. And I plan to stay away from the nano-zinc / invisible zinc sunscreens because they contain nano-particles which can travel straight through skin with unknown long term effects.

    I like the banana boat range myself. And I do alright with a coles brand milk type with vitamin E and also a brand called "Deb" but I don't know where you get that. I can't use the hamiltons or the UV Triple guard and some other brands - not so much because they make me break out, but because they're not effective in keeping the sun from burning me.

    http://nano.foe.org.au/sites/default...e%20july08.pdf

    Is interesting that "invisible zinc" is listed as being nano particle free but I thought nano was how they made the zinc invisible. Banana boat contains a lot of zinc, and it all sits pretty much on your skin instead of "penetrating" which I think works better as a barrier to sun and wind and washes off without adding to pore aggravation - but that's my opinion - there' no science to it.

    There's another name for "invisible zinc" - Micronized zinc - and I think I'd still avoid it.
    http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Su...ed-Safety.html
    Last edited by Hyacinth; 01-16-2010 at 01:27 PM.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    You might want to try some different types of sunscreen and also a big hat and covering up.

    Some sunscreens make my face break out more than others. My niece recently had a massive red inflamation from Hamiltons toddler super sensitive sunscreen. And I plan to stay away from the nano-zinc / invisible zinc sunscreens because they contain nano-particles which can travel straight through skin with unknown long term effects.

    I like the banana boat range myself. And I do alright with a coles brand milk type with vitamin E and also a brand called "Deb" but I don't know where you get that. I can't use the hamiltons or the UV Triple guard and some other brands - not so much because they make me break out, but because they're not effective in keeping the sun from burning me.

    http://nano.foe.org.au/sites/default...e%20july08.pdf

    Is interesting that "invisible zinc" is listed as being nano particle free but I thought nano was how they made the zinc invisible. Banana boat contains a lot of zinc, and it all sits pretty much on your skin instead of "penetrating" which I think works better as a barrier to sun and wind and washes off without adding to pore aggravation - but that's my opinion - there' no science to it.
    Thanks so much for the link! I've tried so many sunscreens and they all seem to make me look like a greasepot. At the moment I'm using powder sunscreen but being an international brand, how can I trust it's SPF 30?

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    QLD Australia
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneygotpierced View Post
    How'd you guys go with your 5 am starts?
    Arghhh :/ I am still so tired! Me, my brother and some other guys rode to the corner shop, tehn to the skatepark THEN to the dirt track. <sigh> alot of km's of riding LOL
    I <33 riding in the morning though. Its so cool, not muggy or steaming like it is afrom 10am onwards lol.

    Today was a bad day for me. Full of mistakes.
    I opened my creaming soda, only to have it spray all over me. Grr lol
    One of the guys, Jack, bought a bottle of FREEZING cold water and threw it all over me 'to help me' COLD!

    <sigh>
    © Demi's Blog ©
    Mollie; ChihuahuaXWestie; MY sunshine.xo

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi View Post
    Arghhh :/ I am still so tired! Me, my brother and some other guys rode to the corner shop, tehn to the skatepark THEN to the dirt track. <sigh> alot of km's of riding LOL
    I <33 riding in the morning though. Its so cool, not muggy or steaming like it is afrom 10am onwards lol.

    Today was a bad day for me. Full of mistakes.
    I opened my creaming soda, only to have it spray all over me. Grr lol
    One of the guys, Jack, bought a bottle of FREEZING cold water and threw it all over me 'to help me' COLD!

    <sigh>
    were they riding with their shirts off again?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •