Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Two-faced Members.........and Vent!

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    They do when the 'loved one' I mentioned has actually singled me out with knowledge from Cleasanta and pmd me as well as making direct comments in threads to me.
    Yes, people. Anne is correct. I DID send her a PM. And as she felt compelled to refer to it in public implying I was being rude or nasty to her, I now feel compelled to put aside the courtesy I referred to in that PM, and publish what I wrote to her verbatim, so here goes:

    "Anne,

    I think it's time you take a step back, reflect and maybe listen to another's opinion. Your argument with my wife (not my mother or older sister) started from your unwillingness to believe DA's statement about being angry at herself for something she explained (quite clearly IMO) that she herself had done that had been annoying her when others did it.

    You stated she couldn't alter your view of the situation, which is tantamount to calling her a liar to her face and in a public forum for all to see. You also stated your understanding of the english language was probably better than that of most other people.

    Even if that's true - which your grammar and spelling suggest to be a stretch (an assumption on my part based on the evidence before me and which I make for illustration purposes only) - it does not mean you know what DA was thinking or intending better than she herself did. It was an ASSUMPTION (just like the one I just made).

    For what it is worth, those statements DO appear rather pompous and self-promoting and likely to invoke a response from someone, in this case my wife.

    You subsequently write a public post to me in which you state that you assume: 1) I am a child; and 2) I may have put you on my ignore list, adding fuel to the fire (intentionally IMO, otherwise what was the point or why couldn't you have sent me a private message?)

    So, to summarise, I believe you have made a few....hmmmm....how should I put this...'errors of judgment when it comes to forum etiquette:

    Made assumptions about what another forum member meant, that required (IMO) somewhat of a giant leap;
    Publicly inferred a forum member was lying (despite her denials of your assumption and providing a reasonable explanation to back up those denials); and
    Put yourself on a pedestal with the "command of the english language" comments.

    My wife called you on these "errors" in an effort to stand up for DA and the argument has continued ad nauseum ever since, becoming more and more personal on both sides.

    Might I suggest you both just stop. It is clear that you both have strong personalities but seriously, there will be no winners in this. She won't back down and it is fairly obvious you won't either, so how about you both call it a draw (in private) and move on.

    Agree to dislike each other and stop the jibes. If you feel I'm wrong in writing this post then so be it, but if you feel the need to reply, at least do me the courtesy (as I have done you) by doing it in private.

    Sincerely,
    Steve"

    So, now that you have the full story of what I wrote, perhaps you can see who the nasty one really is. Mind you, I won't stoop so low as to post her reply to me. I will however challenge her to do so.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Maybe some of this more personal stuff (AKA directed at specific members) should be contained to personal messages?

    Just a thought.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Well, seems like the terrible two are off leash again!! Just when things were calming down a little........ Dont call my friends "it" & "twofaced", you both seem very bitter, nasty people Perhaps you both could start your own forum???? That way you can bleat all you want I hope this post will get you off my friends back & you can start on me!!!!! YAY!!!!!! As stated, if you dont like it, pugger ooops! I mean bugger off! I would bugger off if I did not like the forum I thought the forum was for everyone?????? BTW, I"m not being offensive, just trying to lighten things up as this is getting rancid

  4. #44

    Default

    WTF? I came online to read the forums thinking everything had calmed down also and there is (at the top of the new posts) a post slagging me off!!!!
    and I'm that bad guy?

    whatever

    I am buggering off.. I guarantee that when I am gone the nastiness won't be leaving with me.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malinois-72 View Post
    Well, seems like the terrible two are off leash again!! Just when things were calming down a little........ Dont call my friends "it" & "twofaced", you both seem very bitter, nasty people Perhaps you both could start your own forum???? That way you can bleat all you want I hope this post will get you off my friends back & you can start on me!!!!! YAY!!!!!! As stated, if you dont like it, pugger ooops! I mean bugger off! I would bugger off if I did not like the forum I thought the forum was for everyone?????? BTW, I"m not being offensive, just trying to lighten things up as this is getting rancid
    thanx mate...much appreciated

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CleasantasLittleHelper View Post
    Words to live by Anne (if only you would!). What a freakin hypocrite you are. The funny thing I find with almost all of your condemnations regarding other people and your suggestions to them, is that they apply 100% perfectly to yourself. You hold yourself out to be on the moral high ground when you and I both know better, given that you contribute by stealth to the general nastiness on this board. I also find it hilarious that you doubt my wife's post was referring to you and yet you still felt compelled to say something....I thought you only posted in posts that were of interest to you? I wonder therefore what could possibly have been so interesting to you if indeed you think this thread was not referring to you, given it isn't dog-related.

    Hahahaha freakin ha. What a joke you are and the bit that hurts you the most is that people are starting to wake up to you. Reading your other comments in this thread it is quite apparent you are livid. Clearly my PM to you of several weeks ago hit the same nerve as this thread. Perhaps you should take your own advice onboard. You'll be a much better person for it.
    An interesting spray of vitriole. In fact, I think your response overall is a trifle irrational.


    As I said, I post in threads that interest me for whatever reason and I fail how you would know what doesn't interest me or what does. Nor do I care really.

    We all know the reason behind you joining this forum, it was obvious once it was pointed out to me. Back onto the threads I take interest in though - your wife's thread interested me. I am sure everyone who reads the topic would look in the thread. That is what I mostly judge the 'interestingness' of a thread by, the topic. I often post in non dog related threads also, so I really can't see where you are going with that.

    As for being 'livid', you're not really serious with that comment are you? How could her thread make me livid? I have no idea of what the other forum referred to even is, nor am I a member of it so I knew that this thread could not have been aimed at me. :shrug: I think you are a little over reactive perhaps because it is your wife that people are saying is a trouble maker and this is backed up by this thread.

    Your pm to me was chock filled with arrogance and was at best, pathetic if the truth be known. Hence why I asked that you refrain from pming me in future. Again though, I held counsel and did not harass you and I made no effort to interact with you, knowing full well what your stand would be given that your are Cleasanta's husband. You on the other hand have made a point several times of responding to my comments in a snide way or have sarcasticly attempted to draw me into a debate in a thread I hadn't even read.

    Your presonal attack though is noted.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  7. #47

    Default

    Oh and your "friend" has been here 2 weeks and made over 800 posts saying she is everyone's best friend.. sent me PM's saying how much she admires me etc etc and then asked who was in the "rat" pack so she could see who to be friendly with.. not taking anyone on face value just trying to work out who the top dogs are so she doesn't get bullied herself.. nice forum hey?

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malinois-72 View Post
    Well, seems like the terrible two are off leash again!! Just when things were calming down a little........ Dont call my friends "it" & "twofaced", you both seem very bitter, nasty people Perhaps you both could start your own forum???? That way you can bleat all you want I hope this post will get you off my friends back & you can start on me!!!!! YAY!!!!!! As stated, if you dont like it, pugger ooops! I mean bugger off! I would bugger off if I did not like the forum I thought the forum was for everyone?????? BTW, I"m not being offensive, just trying to lighten things up as this is getting rancid
    Umm, just who are the 'terrible two'?
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Umm, just who are the 'terrible two'?
    Give ya two guesses

  10. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CleasantasLittleHelper View Post
    So, now that you have the full story of what I wrote, perhaps you can see who the nasty one really is. Mind you, I won't stoop so low as to post her reply to me. I will however challenge her to do so.
    No actually, the full story is that I requested that you not contact me again. Do you really think that people would consider you 'sincere' given that you contacted me to defend your wife? Do you really think that you are able to be impartial to what occurred? Seriously?
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •