Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 105

Thread: Ignore Function

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post

    I think if someone DOES feel the need to ignore another poster, than it should be done silently, and that information should not be shared about to other posters.
    They wont do it silently because the whole point is to belittle you and of course to have the final word.

  2. #22

    Default

    GO DI!
    Woo Hoo!

    Hi Pugger! Waving to let you know I see you're about and like it.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    I will go ask hubby if it is ok, lol
    If you take up Polyandry...There's a show called Big Love I think you should consider

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    They wont do it silently because the whole point is to belittle you and of course to have the final word.
    You're right. If they really wanted to just ignore it they would. But when they make a song and dance about it it's a bit different. Then it becomes some sort of weird threat.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneygotpierced View Post
    May I ask what breed? I just wanna...Flap his folds
    Hes a Neapolitan Mastiff. Sorry who doesnt love a photo, i know off topic

    Look a tad different from another angle


    This is his mum

  6. #26

    Default

    What ever happened to peoples freedom of choice??? do we not have freedom to choose if we want to ignore others or not, ffs its getting as bad as a "commie" country where the people have no freedom of choice etc.

    IMO it's up to each individual if they wish to ignore others etc & i think we all have the right to access such "ignore" options. Whats so wrong with ignoring someone anyway??....IMO we all ignore someone at some point whether it be out in public or on a forum & IMO it doesn't mean that we are being rude etc. I certainly wont take to kindly to being told that i have to read someones post if i don't like them or their opinions etc, i'm certainly not going to be dictated to.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nattylou View Post
    You're right. If they really wanted to just ignore it they would. But when they make a song and dance about it it's a bit different. Then it becomes some sort of weird threat.
    But like i said earlier, doesn't that then give everyone an insight into their true personality?

    I know it has given me insights into others by watching the way the ignore feature is bandied about by some.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    I like having the ignore feature.

    I find it stops me from being tempted to bite peoples heads off if they post in a way I can't handle. Like making posts hard to read. So from my point of view it reduces cyber bullying (by me not of me). I don't know if anyone has me on ignore but if my posts annoy them, I would think it would be a good thing because I don't usually intend to annoy people.

    Sometimes I don't respond to posts that I do get to read - it's not personal, I'm just not much into "me too" posts or sometimes I feel it's better not to say anything at all than start a flame war. And sometimes I just have nothing to say on the whatever subject it is.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Floyd View Post
    What ever happened to peoples freedom of choice??? do we not have freedom to choose if we want to ignore others or not, ffs its getting as bad as a "commie" country where the people have no freedom of choice etc.

    IMO it's up to each individual if they wish to ignore others etc & i think we all have the right to access such "ignore" options. Whats so wrong with ignoring someone anyway??....IMO we all ignore someone at some point whether it be out in public or on a forum & IMO it doesn't mean that we are being rude etc. I certainly wont take to kindly to being told that i have to read someones post if i don't like them or their opinions etc, i'm certainly not going to be dictated to.
    Think your missing the whole point. Do you really need to" push a button" then publicly announce it to ignore someone? I doubt it.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Think your missing the whole point. Do you really need to" push a button" then publicly announce it to ignore someone? I doubt it.

    I'm not one to publicly announce who i have on ignore, i keep that to myself as its my business only.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •