Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Just Need 'outsider' Advice

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Sorry, I got caught up in other stuff.
    We can get so involved in problems with family members.
    Lots of what I was going to say has already been said.
    Through the years I have found that whilst I may not agree with what they do, the choices they make with people in their lives that it is their choice. They may be blind as a bat but the more we do to try and make them see that, the more they will attach themselves to prove us wrong and our continued well meaning "interference" can also prolong it. We need to step back and hope, let them make their own mistakes and to be there to help pick up the pieces when needed.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    No offence but perhaps this should have stayed on facebook with all the other dirt.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Coast NSW
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malinois-72 View Post
    No offence but perhaps this should have stayed on facebook with all the other dirt.
    Perhaps.. but It was driving me crazy bottled up inside..

    I said it had nothing to do with dogs and was long but I needed to let it out. I have no one else to talk about it to. Everyone in my life is involved with it. My friends are her friends and the rest is all family that would prefer me to be fake happy about it.

  4. #14

    Default

    You're all in your early 20's. This sort of stuff happens quite a lot at that age. Try & concentrate on living your own life to a standard that's acceptable for you. Most people have "baggage" & it manifests itself in drinking, drug taking & self destructive behaviour. Be the best person you can be every day & surround yourself with people that lift you up. As Di said, "People make choices" So long as you aren't hurt physically by those choices, just leave them with their decision. Time to do a bit of pruning & cut off the dead wood so you can grow into a strong, healthy woman.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Qld
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDs4Ever View Post
    You're all in your early 20's. This sort of stuff happens quite a lot at that age. Try & concentrate on living your own life to a standard that's acceptable for you. Most people have "baggage" & it manifests itself in drinking, drug taking & self destructive behaviour. Be the best person you can be every day & surround yourself with people that lift you up. As Di said, "People make choices" So long as you aren't hurt physically by those choices, just leave them with their decision. Time to do a bit of pruning & cut off the dead wood so you can grow into a strong, healthy woman.
    Well said that woman, I couldn't put it any better

    The bold bit really says it all for me, it took me a while but I realised Jan of this year I no longer wanted anything to do with my brother. I just don't like the person he is, very selfish, so I would rather not have him in my life. I think the same goes for this 'friend' of yours.

    I really hope the baby is ok but fear for it's future even if it born healthy
    The best things in life, aren't things

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkay View Post
    Well said that woman, I couldn't put it any better

    The bold bit really says it all for me, it took me a while but I realised Jan of this year I no longer wanted anything to do with my brother. I just don't like the person he is, very selfish, so I would rather not have him in my life. I think the same goes for this 'friend' of yours.

    I really hope the baby is ok but fear for it's future even if it born healthy
    I used to loathe Christmas. All the longing for warm & fuzzy celebration like the ending of "It's a wonderful life". Instead, it was like "Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" .... without any sense of humour.

    I LOVE it these days. We have it at home. Rob cooks (fab cook), I'm kitchen hand (anally retentive me has control of the kitchen benches so they are sparkly clean by the time lunch is served). We buy our champers, wine & beer throughout the year so we can have top draw stuff (& no hangover the next day). The food is just perfection, the wine never runs out, the best "definitely can use that & not on gift it pressies" we laugh & laugh & laugh around the table, and before you know it .... 2 am ?? !! And why is this day so picture perfect ?? NO FRIGGING RELLIES !!!!!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDs4Ever View Post
    You're all in your early 20's. This sort of stuff happens quite a lot at that age. Try & concentrate on living your own life to a standard that's acceptable for you. Most people have "baggage" & it manifests itself in drinking, drug taking & self destructive behaviour. Be the best person you can be every day & surround yourself with people that lift you up. As Di said, "People make choices" So long as you aren't hurt physically by those choices, just leave them with their decision. Time to do a bit of pruning & cut off the dead wood so you can grow into a strong, healthy woman.
    Yes!!! Well said, you dont need people like that around you, only bring you down in the long run.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    This thing about surrounding yourself with people who lift you up...I can say YES to that.

    I have 2 sisters in Denmark. They have a tendency to always try to make people feel bad...inferior...all that sort of stuff. They will deliberately say nasty things in the hope of making themselves seem better...what sad souls they are!!!

    A couple of years ago I told them...you are no longer welcome in my life! You are nasty...egotistic...narcissistic and I refuse to listen to your bullcrap!

    You can spend all your energy on something that is not going to amount to anything. Your brother and this girl are expecting a baby. Sure...she has been drinking, but there is nothing you can do to change that.

    If I was you...I would let it go to be honest. Be there if and/or when you are needed. Be there for your brother if he should need it. Let him make his own decisions/mistakes. People ALWAYS show their true colours eventually. Take a step back...ignore what people are saying...be the "big" person...and don't get involved.

    You have to ask yourself...what CAN you do to help the situation constructively? You can be there for your brother...you can support his decisions even if you disagree because it IS his life...you can refuse to get into Internet bantering and be the "bigger" person

    You can choose to let this girl know she is no longer your friend, because you don't believe in the ways she act...and leave it at that!

    Also...you have to ask yourself...do you REALLY want to be friends with a person who is like that?
    Last edited by Cleasanta; 12-20-2009 at 06:48 PM.

  9. #19

    Default

    Things become much clearer & simpler when you ask the question "Is this person enhancing my life ?? Do they bring me joy ? Do they support me & challenge me to be a better human being ??" If the answer is "no", then what are you waiting for ?? Get on with it & put the vibe out there that you're willing to accept great friendships that will give you everything you need to be a happy, fulfilled person.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDs4Ever View Post
    Things become much clearer & simpler when you ask the question "Is this person enhancing my life ?? Do they bring me joy ? Do they support me & challenge me to be a better human being ??" If the answer is "no", then what are you waiting for ?? Get on with it & put the vibe out there that you're willing to accept great friendships that will give you everything you need to be a happy, fulfilled person.
    Even I"m taking this in!!! Believe it or not!!!! Solid advice GSDs4Ever.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •