Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 116

Thread: Computer Dog Breed Charades

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Beagle?
    nope

    Clue: this breed is very prone to getting bloat and the males stand at 63 - 68 cm at the withers

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    A viszla (scuse spellin)? there's a couple of very sweet ones that walk at my ovals. Though I don't know if they come in anything other than short/smooth coat.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    A viszla (scuse spellin)? there's a couple of very sweet ones that walk at my ovals. Though I don't know if they come in anything other than short/smooth coat.
    nope...not viszla, but close

    breed is named after a Grand Duke in Germany
    this breed does NOT come in any tones of red
    it has a tendency to get separation anxiety

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Beagle?
    nope

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Going off the bloat clue, im gonna say Bloodhound.
    Education not Legislation

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    nope...not viszla, but close

    breed is named after a Grand Duke in Germany
    this breed does NOT come in any tones of red
    it has a tendency to get separation anxiety
    Weimeraner?
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    I'm sure I have seen a red bloodhound...


    maybe not.
    Oh whoopsie.
    I didn't read that post, I posted straight after the bloat clue
    Education not Legislation

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Weimeraners only come in ghost grey. They come long and short haired but the long haired are scarce. They are originally from Weimer in Germany...but I am not sure about the German Grand Duke bit... and Rhana, a Wei bitch I owned and loved died of complications after bloat so I know they suffer this.

    They are also almost identical to a Vizsla except Vizsla's are red and slightly smaller framed and have shorter ears.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    German Shothaired Pointer? We've had them in for bloat. They hunt, they're German. Except they come in a form of 'red'.
    I'd also say Boxer, but they come in a form of red and weren't really used for hunting.

    Im really struggling.
    Education not Legislation

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Weimeraners only come in ghost grey. They come long and short haired but the long haired are scarce. They are originally from Weimer in Germany...but I am not sure about the German Grand Duke bit... and Rhana, a Wei bitch I owned and loved died of complications after bloat so I know they suffer this.

    They are also almost identical to a Vizsla except Vizsla's are red and slightly smaller framed and have shorter ears.
    Weimaraner it is

    The Weimaraner is a dog that was originally bred for hunting in the early 19th century. Early Weimaraners were used by royalty for hunting large game, such as boar, bears, deer, and foxes. As the popularity of large game hunting began to decline, Weimaraners were used for hunting smaller animals, like fowl, rabbits, and foxes. Rather than having a specific purpose such as pointing or flushing, the Weimaraner is an all purpose gun dog. The Weimaraner is loyal and loving to his family, an incredible hunter, and a fearless guardian of his family and territory. The name comes from the Grand Duke of Weimar, Karl August, whose court enjoyed hunting.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •