Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 358

Thread: "Women Only" Bitching Room About Men..

  1. #101

    Default

    This will make you giggle ....

    Next to our property is a group of shops. This morning, the new renters have just popped in to see us as they want to put in an air con unit & the easiest way to access their roof is from our front garden.

    Rob's been off work for a week & when he's been taking a break from job searching, I've asked him to do a bit of cleaning up around the place. Nothing ... until now. He's out there now madly pulling out weeds that are as high as your thigh.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDs4Ever View Post
    This will make you giggle ....

    Next to our property is a group of shops. This morning, the new renters have just popped in to see us as they want to put in an air con unit & the easiest way to access their roof is from our front garden.

    Rob's been off work for a week & when he's been taking a break from job searching, I've asked him to do a bit of cleaning up around the place. Nothing ... until now. He's out there now madly pulling out weeds that are as high as your thigh.
    Isn't it amazing! Sorry GSD's, PMSL at Rob. it's always about what others think, not their own wives. Ha ha.

  3. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Isn't it amazing! Sorry GSD's, PMSL at Rob. it's always about what others think, not their own wives. Ha ha.
    I could get all irritated about the fact he totally ignores me when I ask him to do stuff, but will move his a**e if it involves someone else. All I said to myself was "Bewdy !! Tick THAT of the "do to" nag list. Next ..."

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    My husband isn't like that, thank goodness, but I do know what you mean. So does Di, she has a clean fridge crisper. PMSL.

  5. #105

    Default

    Sounds like you kissed a few "frogs" before you got this one DA. That crisper story is a classic & had me laughing all over again. Men, can't live with them .... no ... that's all.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDs4Ever View Post
    Sounds like you kissed a few "frogs" before you got this one DA. That crisper story is a classic & had me laughing all over again. Men, can't live with them .... no ... that's all.
    ROFLMAO. Correct, don't finish the sentence.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    To all of you who feel that you would dearly love your ex-husbands to step in front of your car, or under a bus, or meet a tragic end...one day you won't feel like that.

    I did for a while, until I realised that hatred will eat you up and spit you back out again like a shrivelled up prune. I also realised this...

    We each fell in love with those men for a reason. Yes, there would have been things that attracted us in the first place. Somewhere along the line, we loved them.

    My ex-husband was an alcoholic, a drug addict, and unfortunately he liked to play with little boys. Actually, it became apparent that he liked to play with big boys too, but that's another story. But if asked would I go through it all again - my outh I would.

    I learnt a lot about alcoholism, I learnt a lot about drug addicts and rehabilitation programs etc, I learnt about things and places I never thought I would go in a million lifetimes. That knowledge has helped shape who I am today, and holds me in good stead IMO for bringing up children in the world we live in today with so much alcohol and drugs running rife.

    I also look at my eldest son who is a mirror image of my ex-husband. I believe that there is good and bad in everybody -I also believe that all that was good in him has been left behind in the heart and mind of my son. The great, caring wonderful side lives on, it is all the evil and darkness that died along with him.
    The best thing I vcould ever tell my son is that he is everything his father COULD have been. I love that particular son possibly more than any living thing in this world, so how could I truthfully hate any father that gave him to me???

    Also, if your ex's ever DO get hit by a car or meet a tragic end, I guarantee you won't feel good about it, as much as you might think you will now. To die is one thing, to die in a tragic manner WILL haunt you forever, believe me.
    Hi Da

    I want to say firstly that I truly feel for you. I am happy you have a beautiful son

    Look...I don't agree with some of the things you have said. NO...I have not been in the same situation as you. I have however lived with a person who is Bipolar and suffers intense mood swings to the point of harming himself (in front of the children)...threatening me etc.

    You say we need to remember we fell in love with this person for a reason, which is true. But I also believe that can happen on false pretenses. I can't help but think of the movie "Sleeping with the enemy". At one point in the movie Julia Roberts states that her honeymoon was the happiest days of her life. I honestly do not believe people "just" become violent...abusive etc. It is a trait within them...an ingrown behaviour. How many abused women do you think is thinking..."but he was so nice to begin with...I don't know what happened?" Abusive, controlling people have a very good way of making others feel less worthy...make them feel like the abuse is their fault. When the comfort zone has been reached...that is when they show their true colours. It is a slow grooming which starts with snide comments...minor controlling issues and will eventually end in massive abuse...control...beatings etc.

    I have 2 children from that relationship. Ex's mother is bipolar and her father was bipolar. I can see some of the behaviour in one of my children.

    I empathise with your feelings! I do however feel that maybe...just maybe the "graphic" mental picture regarding the paedophilia etc might be a bit much for a public forum. Believe me...I don't want to come across like a snobby cow! I don't want to come across as unsympathetic or unempathetic either, because that is not my nature. I sincerely hope I have not hurt your feelings with this post.

    I am truly happy you got out of that relationship DA

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Snobby cow!!! Na, just kidding Dorte.
    I don't have much knowledge with bipolar, other than knowing one woman who suffers with it, and yes, her life can be hell. I can only begin to imagine what life must have been like for you living with this ex, and your concern re one of your children.
    My ex was diagnosed with sever schitzophrenia (? spelling) and that was...interesting, shall we say.

    I agree with you that violence doesn't suddenly out. It's always there, sometimes, hidden, sometimes simmering. We just didn't see it, or sometimes to be honest just don't want to acknowldege it until it's too late. Kind of like when you first go out with a new person - they don't sit there and pee all over the toilet seat in your house, pick their nose or fart their arses off until further into the relationship. (Well, they don't do they? PMSL.)

    I do take into consideration your feelings regarding the subject of paedophilia on a public forum, though. It is a subject that many are uncomfortable with for good reason, and that's a shame, but I DO understand.

    I think DV is an issue which is also still not spoken about to a huge degree. Women were conditioned long ago to come to the conclusion that somehow they were to blame. Thankfully public knowledge and perception of that is changing.

    I agree with you 100% re false pretences. Only time can tell whether a person IS the person we think they are.

    Aww, thanks for the hugs. I'm not exactly a 'huggy' person (understatement of the year) but know what you're saying, Dorte.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Snobby cow!!! Na, just kidding Dorte.
    I don't have much knowledge with bipolar, other than knowing one woman who suffers with it, and yes, her life can be hell. I can only begin to imagine what life must have been like for you living with this ex, and your concern re one of your children.
    My ex was diagnosed with sever schitzophrenia (? spelling) and that was...interesting, shall we say.

    I agree with you that violence doesn't suddenly out. It's always there, sometimes, hidden, sometimes simmering. We just didn't see it, or sometimes to be honest just don't want to acknowldege it until it's too late. Kind of like when you first go out with a new person - they don't sit there and pee all over the toilet seat in your house, pick their nose or fart their arses off until further into the relationship. (Well, they don't do they? PMSL.)

    I do take into consideration your feelings regarding the subject of paedophilia on a public forum, though. It is a subject that many are uncomfortable with for good reason, and that's a shame, but I DO understand.

    I think DV is an issue which is also still not spoken about to a huge degree. Women were conditioned long ago to come to the conclusion that somehow they were to blame. Thankfully public knowledge and perception of that is changing.

    I agree with you 100% re false pretences. Only time can tell whether a person IS the person we think they are.

    Aww, thanks for the hugs. I'm not exactly a 'huggy' person (understatement of the year) but know what you're saying, Dorte.
    I am not a huggy huggy person either...I am a "step out of my personal bubble" kinda person.

    I can deal with the paedophilia issues, but some people (new members and/or minors) might not. I agree it is an issue that possibly needs to be more awareness about. I would hate to think how often it happens..."shudders"

    It for sure was the norm for women to shut up...cook dinner...do as I say or-else.........

    Did your ex receive treatment for his schizophrenia?

    Yeah...it is funny...all the farting, peeing on seat etc doesn't start UNTIL the relationship is "established". Maybe women should do the same...fart...chew with their mouth open...pick our nose...

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Take this from someone who spent half of her life sexually abused.. it's unforgivable and there is NEVER a good enough reason.. (not even mental illness), to rape a child.
    Nope...there is never ANY reason for this...NEVER EVER!!!! It leaves enormous scars which for some people...can not be healed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •