Page 236 of 304 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3039

Thread: The Chat Place...

  1. #2351
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    I suppose I could try and get him into that. But we live surrounded by nurseries. But it's still a thought.

    I agree he needs to find something that he loves, not just a passing interest.

    When I was a kid I had the dogs and hockey. In the summer months I would float from tennis to sailing, to dancing etc. But the other two were my mainstays and of course one still is today.

    Oh and yes Bo he's always been like this. Nice looking kid, very polite, very sooky and soft, yet stubborn as hell, still holds my hand, extremely immature. There are mild learning difficulties of varying degrees in all the kids on my husbands side of the family. His two are the better ones.
    Last edited by mouseandchicken; 03-24-2010 at 09:28 AM.

  2. #2352
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Two old crocks together.
    Pretty (desexed yesterday) had a peaceful night. I however was on the alert.
    She has this regime..Hubby goes off in the ute early, she stays on her bed. Hubby is in for coffee later..ute goes..that is her signal that our bed in now hers with or without me in it.

    I was in it. I heard the ute go and thought she will not jump up on to our high pillow topped mattress bed today.

    WRONG.

    AKK, she did her normal check me out thing, I told her that at least if she strained stitches she would be bleeding over HIS side of the bed.

    Baby gate is in place, pups can be brought in one end of the house and she can be let out through the laundry..never the twain shall meet for a while.

    It is not my best day today either, so I told her that we two old crocks will be looking after each other, lol.

    Love having her home, the relief of her being finally fixed is wonderful. Now all we gotta do is fix me, lol.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  3. #2353

    Default

    Hopefully your parcel will turn up sometime today to cheer you up then.

  4. #2354
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    I had forgotten I ordered, duhhh, Di. I get mail Mon, Wed and Fri too, Woohoo.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  5. #2355

    Default

    Well, it wasn't a "real" order, so I'm not surprised. I sent it on Monday, so here's hoping. No movement on the tracking report yet other than my lodgement. C'mon, c'mon Aust post. *constant finger tapping on desk*

  6. #2356
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    to the ol' crocks

  7. #2357
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Treats arrived today GSD, thank you. They snaffled up some kangaroo ones. Looks like another hit.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  8. #2358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    Treats arrived today GSD, thank you. They snaffled up some kangaroo ones. Looks like another hit.
    OO ... interesting. Did you get my email I just sent ?? Tracking report not updated yet. All those game treats such as the roo are a real "goer" with some dogs. My lot rush into the kitchen & drool when I open a "game" container to do up an order. OK .... they rush into the kitchen & drool with every container.

    While I'm posting .... "I'm excited" as Big Kev would say. "Mr Hire a Hubby" is coming first thing on Monday to size up all my odd jobs & get a game plan together. Can't wait.

  9. #2359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mouseandchicken View Post
    I suppose I could try and get him into that. But we live surrounded by nurseries. But it's still a thought.

    I agree he needs to find something that he loves, not just a passing interest.

    When I was a kid I had the dogs and hockey. In the summer months I would float from tennis to sailing, to dancing etc. But the other two were my mainstays and of course one still is today.

    Oh and yes Bo he's always been like this. Nice looking kid, very polite, very sooky and soft, yet stubborn as hell, still holds my hand, extremely immature. There are mild learning difficulties of varying degrees in all the kids on my husbands side of the family. His two are the better ones.
    Even though there are nurseries all around, is there any markets? If there is a farmers market or something similar, if he gets into it he could make a few dollars! If he is able to give it a go and he does well, it might put a bit of fire underhim and get him excited about something!

  10. #2360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Even though there are nurseries all around, is there any markets? If there is a farmers market or something similar, if he gets into it he could make a few dollars! If he is able to give it a go and he does well, it might put a bit of fire underhim and get him excited about something!
    I do like this idea. Just because there are nurseries in the area, doesn't mean he can't make a go of it if he has an "angle" that clicks with consumers.

    For example .... Many years ago, some guy got the thought of selling fried chicken in The South in the US. Everyone thought he was nuts because everyone in The South does fried chicken. And the name of the company ....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •