Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 101

Thread: This is why commercial dog food is not good for you dog!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dog View Post
    Actually, I think he did. The thread was posted twice in the forum, and when I looked at initially, there was only one post in this thread (no replies). I decided to ignore it. When I came back, it had multiplied, and the posts are 1-2 minutes apart, not all the same time.
    Oh okay DD Sorry about that. I Didn't think anyone could be that annoying. I guess i was wrong. lol
    No one loves you like your dog does.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    KL, I think the worst thing in most dog food is probably the high wheat content. I'm sure the cheap ones use low quality meat, but I very, very much doubt it is anything else but the by-products of the meat humans consume. As if a big company is going to send out people to collect road kill and bring it to the factory? It would be much cheaper to just get the off-cuts and offal from the big butchers.

    And I think most shelters would feel highly insulted at the insinuation that they send their euthanised pets to pet food factories.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuri_89 View Post
    I have heard euthanized pets from the pound go into pet food. I've read it somewhere but i can't remember where, i think it was an article that had something to do with pound animals and where their remains go?

    I still feed my cat's commercial cat food - now and then they get a chicken neck or raw fish but the majority is canned cat food and they do fine on it. I agree it isn't the best but they have lovely coats & look remarkably good & i get comments all the time on how good they look. I agree that canned food isn't the best - my dogs are on RAW, but the majority of the public don't know the difference and most animals get by fine on it so i don't think anybody should be judged on what they choose to feed their animals, it's gotta be better than feeding them nothing?
    That is true Kuri, Luckily even if i did believe this my australian mist can't have canned food because he just vomits any wet food up. (sensitive stomach cat) So i only feed him optimum. Used to feed him science diet but it is just so expensive! He doesn't vomit this cheaper brand dry food up unless he eats it to fast these days. So thats good.
    No one loves you like your dog does.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Logan, Brisbane QLD
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post

    And I think most shelters would feel highly insulted at the insinuation that they send their euthanised pets to pet food factories.
    Why? The dogs have been euthanized and they need to send the bodies somewhere? How is it any different sending their remains to a factory than sending them to the dump - Which i assume MOST bodies would end up in?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post
    KL, I think the worst thing in most dog food is probably the high wheat content. I'm sure the cheap ones use low quality meat, but I very, very much doubt it is anything else but the by-products of the meat humans consume. As if a big company is going to send out people to collect road kill and bring it to the factory? It would be much cheaper to just get the off-cuts and offal from the big butchers.

    And I think most shelters would feel highly insulted at the insinuation that they send their euthanised pets to pet food factories.
    I agree beloz, As if they would even risk such a stupid thing. People would be sueing there arses off
    No one loves you like your dog does.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelpielover View Post
    Oh okay DD Sorry about that. I Didn't think anyone could be that annoying. I guess i was wrong. lol
    No worries. I wouldn't have said anything about the multiple posts if I thought it was an accident.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE QLD
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dog View Post
    Actually, I think he did. The thread was posted twice in the forum, and when I looked at initially, there was only one post in this thread (no replies). I decided to ignore it. When I came back, it had multiplied, and the posts are 1-2 minutes apart, not all the same time.
    Lol he posted 3 different threads in 3 different areas. I've merged them into one and deleted the reposts... Yes some people can be that annoying. Or just like to neglect forum rules/etiquette.
    Last edited by jadielee87; 06-11-2012 at 06:24 PM.

    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Aye - that makes sense Jadie.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Top modding from you jadie! You deserve some cake.
    No one loves you like your dog does.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    se qld
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelpielover View Post
    Oh okay DD Sorry about that. I Didn't think anyone could be that annoying. I guess i was wrong. lol
    That is the funniest thing I have heard all day.
    Thank you KL.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •