Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dogs on holidays

  1. #1

    Default Dogs on holidays

    Were having a double garage /man cave put up next week and the slab is being poured today so Harley and lily are staying at their nannas for the weekend so we don't end up with footprints in it. Our place is so quiet without them. Even though it's only been one night so far and I'm at work now.

    I know they probably havnt noticed were not there but I miss them.

    Lucky to have Tessa who could stay cos she is too lazy to walk out the back to where the shed is going.

    I'll have to go visit after work.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE QLD
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    It's always strange when they aren't home. The house is so quiet and boring! My OH has just finished building his man cave! I have a run for our dogs though so they stayed in there while our slab was done! Not that they were to happy about not getting to see all the people!

    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bundaberg QLD
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    My old mans driveway has footprints in it from my first dog 'Storm', a big black Lab.
    I remember him cursing the dog for walking over the wet cement.
    But now some 20 odd years later we look at those paw prints with a happy but heavy heart. Its a nice permanent reminder of my lovely old mate.

    Maybe when your other half isnt looking you could put Tessa's paw print in the slab with the date next to it.


    Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...
    DONT SIC YOUR DOGMA ON ME !

  4. #4

    Default

    ive been so tempted to do that now. its now beer o'clock so its perfect but the concrete is pretty much dry so id prob cause tess pain trying to press hard enough to make a print.

    we will be doing the driveway soon and all 3 will def have their prints in it.

    its so weird without them.

    site supervisor tessa has ignored me since i got home she has just been standing round with all the men like she poured the concrete herself (now sleeping after a hard days work)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tessalyon View Post
    site supervisor tessa has ignored me since i got home she has just been standing round with all the men like she poured the concrete herself (now sleeping after a hard days work)
    That made me chuckle.

    I hate it when the dog is not home when I am. It's weird indeed. You constantly feel that something is missing and waiting for them to appear.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tessalyon View Post
    ive been so tempted to do that now. its now beer o'clock so its perfect but the concrete is pretty much dry so id prob cause tess pain trying to press hard enough to make a print.

    we will be doing the driveway soon and all 3 will def have their prints in it.

    its so weird without them.

    site supervisor tessa has ignored me since i got home she has just been standing round with all the men like she poured the concrete herself (now sleeping after a hard days work)
    That made me smile too. I love Oskar so much, he is only 7 mths old, but he has certainly cemented his place in our hearts (cemented, get it, hehe)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    South West WA
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar's mum View Post
    That made me smile too. I love Oskar so much, he is only 7 mths old, but he has certainly cemented his place in our hearts (cemented, get it, hehe)
    Ba boom tssssh
    Owning a dog should be a partnership. Much like a good marriage it should be based on love, trust and devotion until death do you part.
    R.I.P Dali: 10th May 1998 – 20th December 2011

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •