Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Melbourne Pooch Owners Need a Friend?

  1. #1

    Default Melbourne Pooch Owners Need a Friend?

    Hi guys,

    Errr, not sure if this is even appropriate, there doesn't seem to be a "classifieds" section or threads I could find about this,
    but I'm not going to an obedience school right now and I'm finding it rather difficult making friends with other dog owners.

    Just wondering if there's anyone in the Melbourne area who's got a pup who needs a friend?
    Something seems kind of "odd" about me asking this but I'll just ask then run for cover!!!!!!!!!!

    My pup spends a lot of time alone during the week but I'm usually home all weekend...any like minded souls with gentle dogs who would be interested in making friends, mutual park visits for play sessions and possible recipricle baby sitting on occasions.

    I'd love to socialise my lil man some more and make him some good mates!

    RaeRae = Good honest guy with a sweet lil puppy (maltese x shihtzu) who's just a little shy but loves to play when he opens up to other dogs!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    I'd love to help but unfortunatly Madeline isn't good with small dogs and Griffen tends to forget he's a big boof head, he trys to be gentle but just doesn't get that little dogs dont like to be lifted up when he trys to stick his head under them for a sniff

    Good luck with your friend finding

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I would also like to find some puppy friends for Dozer but he is a bit rough for maltese. My mum has 2 maltese and they are a bit scared of Dozer when he plays and pounces on them.

    What kind of dog do you have bordeaux?

  4. #4

    Default

    Where abouts in Melbourne are you?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Griffens a 2 year old dogue de bordeaux (french mastiff). He's stand off-ish with other adult males but loves puppys of either sex.
    Unfortunalty I'm the one with problems when it comes to other dogs, Maddy (mastiff X) was attacked when she was a pup and I've never gotten over it, I get so nervous when other dogs are around I cant relax.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Where abouts in Melbourne are you?
    Clayton.

    But I'm pretty easily mobile. I should mention also that I live in an apartment so small mates are ideal but I'm pretty outdoorsy and active so me and my boy are always at the park or the oval running around :O)

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bordeaux View Post
    I'd love to help but unfortunatly Madeline isn't good with small dogs and Griffen tends to forget he's a big boof head, he trys to be gentle but just doesn't get that little dogs dont like to be lifted up when he trys to stick his head under them for a sniff

    Good luck with your friend finding
    Hehehehehe,

    Yeah, i've actually got a good mate who has a Husky (funnily enough that's my pup's name "Huskie"), and she is just too boystrous for him, biting and ruffing him around, so we can't really have them together,
    Unfortunately he just doesn't do well with larger dogs although yours sounds like a sweeite!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauren View Post
    I would also like to find some puppy friends for Dozer but he is a bit rough for maltese. My mum has 2 maltese and they are a bit scared of Dozer when he plays and pounces on them.

    What kind of dog do you have bordeaux?
    Big bully eh???? hehehehehehe

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaeRae View Post
    Clayton.

    But I'm pretty easily mobile. I should mention also that I live in an apartment so small mates are ideal but I'm pretty outdoorsy and active so me and my boy are always at the park or the oval running around :O)
    well I have a pug and the cold weather isn't too great for him, but in spring I'd be happy to occasionally meet up at a park for a doggy play

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Metung
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Have you tried dogtree.com.au I think it`s just what you are after.
    Good luck, hope you find a play friend.
    Last edited by bonniek; 05-16-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •