Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: River Dog

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,290

    Default River Dog

    I know this is not complete without pictures, but I left my memory card in my laptop, so couldn't take any.

    I took Banjo to the river today. The first spot we stopped at had a strong current. She actually "surfed" the current! She got in, got swept away until she found a foothold - either on or after the 'rapids', came back and got in again. She did it three times in a row. If she'd be able to talk, she would've gone "Weeeee!".

    After that, I met up with friends and sat in the river all afternoon drinking beer, while Banjo alternatively swam out to say hello to everyone, stood on a rock in the middle of the river, played with the spaniel/kelpie cross who was trying to teach her how to dig in the beach sand or just chilled. Perfect river dog!
    Last edited by Beloz; 11-19-2011 at 06:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern NSW
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    She should come swimming with my team, they would have a blast
    Pets are forever

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    ha ha cool, sounds abit like my mates rotty. We go out to check the crab pot (big river, not stream) and we lose him, then we hear a splash in the distance, we wait, and sure enough he goes floating buy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Haha, sounds awesome! I wish Oskar would even go in the water....we take him to the beach everyday and he doesn't like getting wet

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar's mum View Post
    Haha, sounds awesome! I wish Oskar would even go in the water....we take him to the beach everyday and he doesn't like getting wet
    I haven't taken Banjo to the beach yet, but I take her to a big pond most days and I have been having trouble getting her to swim. She is a great swimmer, but she usually only gets in when she can chase ducks or sometimes to steal another dog's stick. But she just loved the river for some reason.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post
    I haven't taken Banjo to the beach yet, but I take her to a big pond most days and I have been having trouble getting her to swim. She is a great swimmer, but she usually only gets in when she can chase ducks or sometimes to steal another dog's stick. But she just loved the river for some reason.
    my dog wont go near water (maybe sometimes if I hold his hand), he freaks out at the beach....waves are scary even when you're on the sand

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonbax View Post
    my dog wont go near water (maybe sometimes if I hold his hand), he freaks out at the beach....waves are scary even when you're on the sand
    I am relieved I not the only parent of a wuss lol.Oskar is getting better, today he was playing with a blue heeler who loved the water, and Oskar went ankle deep. Was so proud of him

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar's mum View Post
    I am relieved I not the only parent of a wuss lol.Oskar is getting better, today he was playing with a blue heeler who loved the water, and Oskar went ankle deep. Was so proud of him
    yeah, I've managed to take him into a still water creek, on a lead, right with me, but anything more, even a running tap, and he's gone

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    another thing, I've seen most dogs like water, but never in my life have ever had a dog that likes water

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bundaberg QLD
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonbax View Post
    yeah, I've managed to take him into a still water creek, on a lead, right with me, but anything more, even a running tap, and he's gone
    Ha, ha. Reminds me of Scooby my old Ridgy. He was so scared of water.
    I used to try and hide the fact he was about to get a bath but somehow he could just sense it and bolt or just lie like a limp bag of spuds that was too heavy to move. He was always onto me.

    I'm trying my best not to freak out Mojo. He loves chasing a hose but at the beach he's a bit timid still. He cant understand why his paws sink in the soft wet sand. Its funny to watch as he thinks he'll keep sinking up to his neck or somthing.


    Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...
    DONT SIC YOUR DOGMA ON ME !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •