Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Box-office Hit Red Dog Sparks Interest in Kelpies

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,290

    Default Box-office Hit Red Dog Sparks Interest in Kelpies

    Box-office hit Red Dog sparks interest in kelpies | Herald Sun

    I did have a chuckle at the kelpie who was scared of sheep. But I can imagine it was not funny at all for the dog! Who fortunately got rescued.

    I do hope the people that get a kelpie because of the movie know what they are doing and don't expect their dog to behave like Red Dog without any effort on their part!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    I have two free tickets to see this movie!! I better use them soon
    Rubylisious


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern NSW
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post

    I do hope the people that get a kelpie because of the movie know what they are doing and don't expect their dog to behave like Red Dog without any effort on their part!
    Can see your point Beloz......As in getting a breed when not knowing how to train them....

    Do you remember those Toyota adds?....The ones where the Kelpie x misses the back of the ute and says "Bugga"

    Been trying for ages to do that........But I've only got bitza's also and no amount of training has worked yet...


    Still can't get mine out of the front seat...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Chippo/Dogsx4blackbackground.jpg
    ... Jade ...

    Aha yeah me too! wee wee or pee pee and poo poo's or poopie

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post
    Box-office hit Red Dog sparks interest in kelpies | Herald Sun

    I did have a chuckle at the kelpie who was scared of sheep. But I can imagine it was not funny at all for the dog! Who fortunately got rescued.

    I do hope the people that get a kelpie because of the movie know what they are doing and don't expect their dog to behave like Red Dog without any effort on their part!
    I hope to be proven wrong, but I bet the kennels fill up with a lot of "problem" Kelpies.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern NSW
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clubsprint View Post
    I hope to be proven wrong, but I bet the kennels fill up with a lot of "problem" Kelpies.
    Fingers crossed kelpie breeders are already aware of this potential and will screen buyers with this in mind..


    To date...Not seen many pure kelpies at the local pound. If sound, then generally they are snapped up pretty fast by local farmers.

    However...

    Kelpie cross's with cabin fever from suburban environments are quite common.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Chippo/Dogsx4blackbackground.jpg
    ... Jade ...

    Aha yeah me too! wee wee or pee pee and poo poo's or poopie

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Lover View Post
    I have two free tickets to see this movie!! I better use them soon
    I was thinking of taking my 6yo daughter - who is such a dog lover - to see it, but I just discovered that it will be too sad for her and she'd be sobbing for hours.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bundaberg QLD
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post
    I was thinking of taking my 6yo daughter - who is such a dog lover - to see it, but I just discovered that it will be too sad for her and she'd be sobbing for hours.
    I always seem to get bloody dust in my eyes watching dog movies.

    Every episode of 'The Littlest Hobo' would see the wind pick up and blow somthing in my eyes to irritate them.

    I'm no tough guy when it comes to muts.


    Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...
    DONT SIC YOUR DOGMA ON ME !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    The run on owls in the UK after the Harry Potter movies was huge and they then had to build sanctuaries for them after the novelty had warn off and people surrendered them in droves.

    Why can't bloody parents just say NO!

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern NSW
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post

    Why can't bloody parents just say NO!
    Peer pressure from other kid's and parents trying to please a kid's whim and be seen as a caring I guess.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Chippo/Dogsx4blackbackground.jpg
    ... Jade ...

    Aha yeah me too! wee wee or pee pee and poo poo's or poopie

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    256

    Default

    I read an article similar to this a few weeks back in my local paper. They had a quote from a registered kelpie breeder saying she has been hit with hundreds of queries since the movie came out. She however, insists all her dogs go to houses with acreage.

    I just hope we don't have a rise in BYB kelpie's because of this. The dog shelter i volunteer at is always chock a block with kelpie mixes!

    I'm STILL yet to see the movie. My OH has all ready spoiled the ending for me!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •