Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Bush Walks/dogparks in Logan and Gold Coast

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default Bush Walks/dogparks in Logan and Gold Coast

    Our whole family loves bush walking and would like to take our Bully with us, but i don't know where we can, does anyone know where in Logan or Gold Coast there are places where you can take dogs?

    Also do you know any good dog parks (off leash) we've been to a couple that are pretty bad or just plain boring, we normally go to a fairly new one in Windaroo which isn't far from our house, there's nothing there but a couple of seats, but it's the other dogs that go there that make it a good one for us.

    Where do you like to go with your dogs?

  2. #2

    Default

    Oh you live near me!

    I like Bushwalking to so have spent a bit of time researching trying to find some nice places to walk but it is hard because you can't take your dogs into a lot of places in Queensland and Australia because all the good places are National Parks.

    If your looking local to Logan you can take your dog anywhere in the Daisy Hill State Forest area (on leash of course) it is quite big and in the warmer months you can walk to the old quarry where the dogs (and you) can go for a swim. It isn't overly busy either

    If you are looking for something a little more scenic and happy to do a day trip there is a place called Gheerulla Creek it is part of the Sunshine Coast Great Walks series but you are allowed dogs in the area. It starts at the Gheerulla Pioneer Park on Eumundi-Kenilworth Rd, Gheerulla. I believe depending on how much you want to do this can be 16 - 20 km walk. I haven't done it myself yet but plan to once it starts to get a bit warmer again and when my younger girl can do longer walks as she is only 10 months old now. Apparently this circuit follows the creek all the way along until you get to the falls and quite scenic
    Otherwise I think there is a track that can also be accessed off Delicia Rd and it is a shorter walk and you start closer to the Falls.

    In relation to dog parks can't really help you, I used to go to the one near my Mums house in Shailer Park and it was decent ie: good size and I didn't encounter any badly behaved dogs but that is about it. Maybe just stick with the one you go to if you have had only good experiences so far.

    I am always keen for walking partners so let me know if your looking for some people and doggy company I also sometimes go with a friend and her Koolie so will let you know if we end up doing anything anytime soon.

  3. #3

    Default

    Also
    Beerburrum State Forest and Forest Reserve and Mooloolah River National Park, Jowara Section - About Beerburrum (Department of Environment and Resource Management)
    Scroll down to pets. Dogs are allowed on leash in pretty much all areas but the day use and camping areas.

    Check out the DERM website it gives you info for each forest, park in Queensland and will tell you if you can have your dog there or not

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    wow, you have done some research, I tried, but all I could find was daisy hill, we go up there a bit but with out the dog, but we've only found short walks there, I'd be real interested in checking out the quarry.

    It'd be cool to have a walking partner, both me(because I need the excercise more than anything) and my wife walk the dog but we can't go together because one of us needs to stay with the kids, so she'd be happy to go too, so, yeah, let us know, Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    QLD, Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    299

    Default

    i take tia on adventure walks like around the base/small climb on mount coolum, haven't let her off the lead yet as i dont think she is ready to go off leash near a mountain!! Get your dog a little back back! we put her treats and our water in there, its great she carries it for us! (obviously it doesn't weigh much, but will get heavier as she gets stronger and bigger!) She loves it, i used the back pack when i took her on walks to calm her down when around other dogs etc (getting very confident now and there are a lot of people here that can't control their dogs!) Giving her something constructive to do/ something to focus on gives her no reason to start barking and all the rest of it at bigger dogs.!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDG View Post
    i take tia on adventure walks like around the base/small climb on mount coolum, haven't let her off the lead yet as i dont think she is ready to go off leash near a mountain!! Get your dog a little back back! we put her treats and our water in there, its great she carries it for us! (obviously it doesn't weigh much, but will get heavier as she gets stronger and bigger!) She loves it, i used the back pack when i took her on walks to calm her down when around other dogs etc (getting very confident now and there are a lot of people here that can't control their dogs!) Giving her something constructive to do/ something to focus on gives her no reason to start barking and all the rest of it at bigger dogs.!
    yeah, my wife puts they kids "Ben 10" back pack on bully when she walks him, she puts her phone and purse etc in it, it's looks funny, but he loves it and he get's a lot of smiles walking down the street like that - even from the occasional person who would cross the street when they see me walking him without the bag

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    QLD, Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    299

    Default

    haha that brilliant! I can never understand why people cross the street when you have a dog, they might be scared of them, but there is noting scary about a dog wearing a back pack, especially a ben 10 one!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonbax View Post
    wow, you have done some research, I tried, but all I could find was daisy hill, we go up there a bit but with out the dog, but we've only found short walks there, I'd be real interested in checking out the quarry.

    It'd be cool to have a walking partner, both me(because I need the excercise more than anything) and my wife walk the dog but we can't go together because one of us needs to stay with the kids, so she'd be happy to go too, so, yeah, let us know, Thanks
    Definitely! We will have to set something up one day soon and I can show you the route to the Quarry. It is a 30 - 45 min walk depending on how fast/slow you walk so pretty decent.

    Yeah the trails a quite small but a lot of them connect. I walked around in there for 4 hours once on all different tracks. But I do know what you mean I prefer longer, more scenic, rainforest type walks but most of those sort of places are off limits to dogs and it isn't as much fun without my girls.



    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDG View Post
    i take tia on adventure walks like around the base/small climb on mount coolum, haven't let her off the lead yet as i dont think she is ready to go off leash near a mountain!! Get your dog a little back back! we put her treats and our water in there, its great she carries it for us! (obviously it doesn't weigh much, but will get heavier as she gets stronger and bigger!) She loves it, i used the back pack when i took her on walks to calm her down when around other dogs etc (getting very confident now and there are a lot of people here that can't control their dogs!) Giving her something constructive to do/ something to focus on gives her no reason to start barking and all the rest of it at bigger dogs.!
    How long does the Mount Coolum thing usual take Luke? I might have to check that out one day too

    Is Tia a White Shepherd?? She is sooooo pretty.
    Last edited by Keira & Phoenix; 06-10-2011 at 02:25 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDG View Post
    haha that brilliant! I can never understand why people cross the street when you have a dog, they might be scared of them, but there is noting scary about a dog wearing a back pack, especially a ben 10 one!
    yeah, not scary at all still makes me laugh everytime I see him walk out the door like that

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keira & Phoenix View Post
    Definitely! We will have to set something up one day soon and I can show you the route to the Quarry. It is a 30 - 45 min walk depending on how fast/slow you walk so pretty decent.
    cool let us know when.

    It won't take long with bully, he's always in a rush to get where he is going (even when he doesn't know where he is going) he's my little tow truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Keira & Phoenix View Post
    Yeah the trails a quite small but a lot of them connect. I walked around in there for 4 hours once on all different tracks. But I do know what you mean I prefer longer, more scenic, rainforest type walks but most of those sort of places are off limits to dogs and it isn't as much fun without my girls.
    yeah, I like the ones up at mount tambourine, but I'm pretty sure thats like the rest of QLD - NO DOGS ALLOWED

    There's actually a place down near dream world, I used to go there to ride motorbikes, I think its private property, but I've taken bully there before and just let him run, it's all bush and kinda like fire trail tracks through the scrub, and there is no one for miles

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •