View Poll Results: Would you actively participate by way of petition to pledge your rights?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am not interested in the plight for the cattle

    0 0%
  • I will not sign any petition pertaining to the ending of the cattle outcry

    0 0%
  • I am interested and support the movement to end this torture by the signing of petitions

    11 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: HALAL- Blood on Our Hands

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland
    Posts
    100

    Lightbulb reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Sorry, but I find your reasoning somewhat offensive and flawed and I can't see this thread doing anythign but inciting hatred and spreading incorrect information.

    The animals are stunned before slaughter at any rate.

    I don't believe in your God either. Christians have committed more barbaric acts in the name of God than any other religion in my view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I am not referring to what happens in Indonesia. I am referring to what happens in Australia and the animals are stunned first.

    Once again, this topic is clearly, very clearly about the cattle sent from Australia to Indonesia- how could you have misinterpreted that! You need one sentence structure- here it is.

    Stop, look, listen before you go ahead and comment with needling statements. When another does not support you, you turn it back on me. Countless times now Anne.

    Furthermore, wikipedia gives clear definitions- as you have found out. However it is still halal (lawful dhabiha = lawful (method used=in these cases torture of meat products).
    I totally agree that this is worded far better and I agree with the statement as you have written it.
    Dakota, I find your posts impossible to read and to be honest, I am over the idea of trying to decipher what you mean. You might have great things to say, but you need to learn how to articulate clearly. Reading your posts does my head in in much the same ways as trying to decipher a 12months old baby's babble does as they scream and become hysterical because they're not being understood.

    My advice to you is to learn what the definition of halal is. Halal does not mean slaughter. Halal means that it is "lawful"

    The term you are looking for is dhabiha, which is the "method" of slaughter.

    To everyone reading this - unless you are a true vegan and only eat eggs that come from real free range hens, you support abusvie practices and torture of animals that are used for consumption in this country and so you are being nothing more than hypocritical by only being alarmed at dhabiha slaughtered meat.

    I am not a supporter of live trade either.

    What I find most offensive in the OP is the religious context that has been blandly copied. The work of Getup! is not offensive and if you were part of my 'circle' of friends and acquaintances then you would have been sent emails and messages from me urging you to sign the petition against live trade over the last day or 2.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Search ResultsYouTube - THIS IS HALAL MEAT ~~~ ANIMAL TORTURE7 Oct 2010 ... This is totally dispicable ! As animal lover it breaks my heart to have to show you this video but you will understand why I do, to expose ...
    YouTube - ‪THIS IS HALAL MEAT ~~~ ANIMAL TORTURE‬‏ - Cached►YouTube - THIS IS BRITISH HALAL ! THE TORTURE OF INNOCENT ANIMALS !5 Oct 2010 ... and the animals who are been killed in the meat industry are ...
    YouTube - ‪THIS IS BRITISH HALAL ! THE TORTURE OF INNOCENT ANIMALS !‬‏ - CachedShow more results from youtube.comAnswers.com - Is halal good for youFood & Cooking question: Is halal good for you? Halal meat is killed in a specific way ... stunning is more of torture than other ways of killing an animal. ...
    wiki.answers.com › ... › Categories › Food & Cooking - Cached - SimilarUK: HALAL-TORTURED ANIMAL MEAT still being served to unsuspecting ...11 Nov 2010 ... 36 Comments on “UK: HALAL-TORTURED ANIMAL MEAT still being served to unsuspecting NON-Muslims”. JO says: November 11, 2010 at 3:07 PM ...
    https://barenakedislam.wordpress.com...al-meat-still- being-served-to-unsuspecting-non-muslims/ - CachedIs halal meat scientifically proven right?10 posts - 9 authors - Last post: 14 Apr 2006
    Now, your other arguement about Halal meat being humane as it does not torture the animal, is relative. The arguement over what is humane ...
    Sikh Philosophy Network › ... › Interfaith Dialogues › Islam - CachedGet more discussion results
    Ban unhumane Halal meat - getup | Animals Australia Unleashed15 May 2011 ... Cos i just think its the same as normal meat. Does it have some significant meaning because it was tortured? It's "blessed". Halal - which ...
    Animals Australia Unleashed | Free Stickers, Giveaways & Animal Rights Interviews › Community › Forum › Activism - CachedEating Halal food? Then you are supporting Islamic terrorism ...5 Jan 2011 ... In the UK, supermarkets, restaurants, and institutions have been found to be using Halal-tortured meat products without telling the public. ...
    barenakedislam.wordpress.com/.../eating-halal-food-then-you-are-supporting -islamic-terrorism/ - CachedAre Muslims inhuman to eat Halal meat? - Yahoo! Answers India13 answers - 7 Jan
    Most Sikhs tell me that Halal meat is cut by torturing the animal so i should not eat Halal but Jhatka. But i guess a Gujrati could tell ...
    in.answers.yahoo.com › ... › Food & Drink › Vegetarian & Vegan - CachedGet more discussion results
    Banning Halal meatEveryone must boycott meat containing foods bearing the halal symbol unless they support torture of animals. Otherwise we are hypocrites and might as well ...
    suggest.getup.org.au/forums/60819.../1822749-banning-halal-meat - CachedTortured Cows and Babies1 Jun 2011 ... Tortured Cows and Babies. Enlarge this picture ... on ritual slaughter for halal and kosher meat states that animals must first be rendered ...
    au.christiantoday.com/article/tortured-cows-and-babies/11194.htm - CachedGet more results from the past 24 hours
    Ho'neene'šeohtseva'e

  2. #12

    Default

    Can you post a warning in the title of this thread that there is distressing video & information in here please?

    I've signed all the petitions. I'm sick of getting them now. I was signing them before this expose was done!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland
    Posts
    100

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Florence View Post
    Well you are wrong about the stunning before slaughter Anne. Totally wrong and that aligns you with the OP in spreading incorrect information.

    I'd like to see your data as to your statement (admittedly "in [your] view") that Christians have been more barbaric that other religions.

    Had you said that the most barbaric acts are perpetrated in the name of religion [any religion], I would have agreed with you.
    I agree with all that you have stated but for the spreading of incorrect information. My information pertaining to the issue is correct. My apologies for defending my faith. I will leave that in the hands of that in whom I have faith and be judged accordingly.

    Unfortunately, these practices are entwined in a religion. I, have the view that what is happening is barbaric and be it cattle, be it kittens or puppies in China, be it Dakota- I will never cease to stand against it. I am proud to put my name to any petition outlawing such cruelty in alignment to others who wish to end the suffering of animals.
    Last edited by Dakota_Chey; 06-02-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: grammer
    Ho'neene'šeohtseva'e

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland
    Posts
    100

    Default

    it was mentioned but I will make a point, in the title, thanks-glad you signed somewhere.
    Ho'neene'šeohtseva'e

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    *sigh*

    Dakota, throwing wikipeadia references and spamming a billion links and other assorted mumbo jumbo is not articulating your points or proving your argument in any valid way.

    I understand that there are atrocities committed against animals in this world. I am against the live export of animals. I support the petition from GetUp! to ban the live export of Animals from Australia.

    It is your link to religion and the incorrect use and information about halal that I object to.

    Essentially, I beleive we all agree that animal abuse is not something that can be morally or ethically supported in anyway. However, as I said, if you eat meat and animal products in Australia then you are also supporting abuse of animals.

    Tell me Dakota, do you eat animal products?

    I do. However, I must confess that the idea of becoming a vegan is more and more appealing every day.

    I suspect that the aversion to slaughter of meat under Islamic law is wrapped up in an aversion or dislike of muslim practices overall. That is the instigation of why I dislike this thread. This thread has the potential to increase vilification.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Moggill, Queensland
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Anne, what's the point in talking about Australian abattoirs in a thread about Indonesian slaughter houses? o.O Admittedly, I didn't read some of the OP's post because I find anything he writes particularly hard to read.

    As far as I know, the traditional method of Halal slaughter is to literally behead the animal (and you'll find that traditional Halal slaughter animals are actually looked after very well indeed). I'd rather an animal beheaded then stunned with a faulty or old stungun and partially conscious (or even fully conscious, which seems to happen fairly often) while they're slaughtered. PROPER Halal slaughter practices are NOT torture. That's just very screwed up people.

    Exportation of live animals should be halted full stop. Many overseas slaughter houses are disgusting, and it's not at all surprising that Indonesian slaughter houses are so bad. After all, Indonesia is full of all kinds of animal cruelty and various terrible practices (horse fighting is a very big one).

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvershadowwolf24 View Post
    Anne, what's the point in talking about Australian abattoirs in a thread about Indonesian slaughter houses? o.O Admittedly, I didn't read some of the OP's post because I find anything he writes particularly hard to read.
    It was this (bolded bit) that caused me to think the OP was talking about the preparation of halal meat in Australia. I was obviously wrong.

    It is now apparent they are talking about the slaughter of animals overseas... I think... or are they talking about the preparation of meat to halal standard anywher ein the world, including Australia? I can't tell, can you?

    However, the fact that they have thrown a christian based link in as their 'evidence', they quote from the bible, and the subject of the thread talks of hala tells me it is a discussion about religious beliefs. That is how I see it anyway.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    The OP has now edited the initial post and removed much of the references to religious ideas which is great.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    *sigh*

    Dakota, throwing wikipeadia references and spamming a billion links and other assorted mumbo jumbo is not articulating your points or proving your argument in any valid way.

    I understand that there are atrocities committed against animals in this world. I am against the live export of animals. I support the petition from GetUp! to ban the live export of Animals from Australia.

    It is your link to religion and the incorrect use and information about halal that I object to.

    Essentially, I beleive we all agree that animal abuse is not something that can be morally or ethically supported in anyway. However, as I said, if you eat meat and animal products in Australia then you are also supporting abuse of animals.

    Tell me Dakota, do you eat animal products?

    I do. However, I must confess that the idea of becoming a vegan is more and more appealing every day.

    I suspect that the aversion to slaughter of meat under Islamic law is wrapped up in an aversion or dislike of muslim practices overall. That is the instigation of why I dislike this thread. This thread has the potential to increase vilification.


    The meat verses vegan argument has be around for years. So, you eat meat.
    Unlike you, I am not insinuating that others are out of line for supporting this movement, because they eat meat.

    I do not have to agree with, or even like the practices of (A) religion. That is my right.

    This comment: [B]I suspect that the aversion to slaughter of meat under Islamic law is wrapped up in an aversion or dislike of muslim practices overall.
    Is like saying: All muslims are terrorists which is not the case.
    Ho'neene'šeohtseva'e

  10. #20

    Default

    It's nothing like that at all!

    Dakota Chey, I mean no offence by this question but is English your first language?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •