Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Please Help Lots of Questions About Becoming New Dog Owner and the Process

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Good grief Dakota Chey, you're impossible. You add nothing to this forum with your beligerence and aggression. Get that damn chip off your shoulder !.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    I didn't see that Hy's post had anything to do with DC's post but was commenting on closing doors if the OP was getting a puppy.

    OOOO boy, some people are odd.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    central coast nsw
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    I didn't see that Hy's post had anything to do with DC's post but was commenting on closing doors if the OP was getting a puppy.

    OOOO boy, some people are odd.
    I read this thread over and over to see what the fuss was about...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern NSW
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minibulls mum View Post
    If she is from a large kennel how do you know she has been socialised enough to fit in well in a home? some dogs do but others do not, just meeting her at their place has possibly answered this for you, but personally I would not do it unless you get the bitch for free, what they want is you to babysit their breeder and pay all expenses and have the hide to charge on top.

    Dogs can die whelping what then? unless you get a written agreement on replacement if this happens and about who pays vet costs, you are better to get your own dog free and clear.

    I have not long GIVEN a dog away to be used as a stud by us when we want to, and that will be seldom, I would never expect his new owner, and he is now in her name, all I ask is she be a member of Dogs QLD so we can register his puppies, but never would I ask her to send him out to us, our bitches will be taken to him.
    We paid for all his health tests, she will pay any general vets costs because he is her dog, this way it works, I would not have the hide to ask her to pay on top for this boy.

    I have a male dog that in the future will go back for mating, but I also have a very involved written contract. Which basically states the dog is mine, with two uses per year for the breeder. And whe he goes we will go along with him. I would never leave him there, Not because I do not trust the Breder, but because I love my dogs

    I Alo believe it is very stressful for a Bitch to go somwhere to whelp when she is happy and settled in her new environment (your home). A lot of the new training methods do not advocate moving Bitches around once they are pregnant. They state even stress like that can affect puppy temperament in the future.
    I have owned bitched where the Breeder has requested she would like a litter and this has made the Bitches a lot cheaper. But the contract has stated that all vet costs would be paid by the Breeder and the Bitch would stay with us. Mind you we are not first dog owners. It is very involved to whelp a Bitch and raise puppies.
    I would as a first dog owner rather not get involved with a dog I would possibly have to allow to go back to the Breeder. Personally I would hate to see any of my dogs go away for weeks or even months.
    If you do not want a puppy, would it be possible to get a good rescue dog through a Rescue Group, who temp test their dogs. And might even let you trial a dog to see how it gets along with your Family.
    Any way good luck in finding a great dog
    Pets are forever

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    central coast nsw
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newfsie View Post
    I have a male dog that in the future will go back for mating, but I also have a very involved written contract. Which basically states the dog is mine, with two uses per year for the breeder. And whe he goes we will go along with him. I would never leave him there, Not because I do not trust the Breder, but because I love my dogs

    I Alo believe it is very stressful for a Bitch to go somwhere to whelp when she is happy and settled in her new environment (your home). A lot of the new training methods do not advocate moving Bitches around once they are pregnant. They state even stress like that can affect puppy temperament in the future.
    I have owned bitched where the Breeder has requested she would like a litter and this has made the Bitches a lot cheaper. But the contract has stated that all vet costs would be paid by the Breeder and the Bitch would stay with us. Mind you we are not first dog owners. It is very involved to whelp a Bitch and raise puppies.
    I would as a first dog owner rather not get involved with a dog I would possibly have to allow to go back to the Breeder. Personally I would hate to see any of my dogs go away for weeks or even months.
    If you do not want a puppy, would it be possible to get a good rescue dog through a Rescue Group, who temp test their dogs. And might even let you trial a dog to see how it gets along with your Family.
    Any way good luck in finding a great dog
    I think they have stated that they have decided against the bitch and have found a puppy

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    I don't read DC's stuff anymore. I like stuff that makes some sort of cohesive sense, even if I disagree with the content. So it's unlikely that any of my current posts have anything to do with anything DC writes since I don't read it and what I used to read made no sense.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Is there an ignore function on this board? I am also tiring of the aggressive and attacking nature and the incomprehensible posts.

    Edited to say - I found the ignore function.
    Last edited by Anne; 06-02-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland
    Posts
    100

    Cool Sammosboxer puppy to be-advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    Make sure you keep your bedroom door shut. Remember what things were like when you first had crawling kids in the house.

    Assume shoes, sox and all clothes - especially dirty underwear will be considered fair game. Have plenty of things dog should chew on available instead.

    And have a good read and re-read of the puppy stuff in here.
    Digital Dog Training Textbook | Dog Star Daily
    Great all round advice for someone that just decided on a puppy!
    I take it that Sammosboxer will be needing to shut quite a few bedroom doors being that they have children-small toys, choking hazards etc.

    Crystal clear-like glass, transparent. Shoes sure can be in many places. Assuming the new puppy who is not yet with sammosboxer will require adequate chew things, Instead- hypothetically speaking-very concentrated advice consistent with shoes, socks and dirty underwear in one bedroom.

    Odd thing to come up with considering the fact the puppy is not even there yet. That's not to say that the following five posts after were fully concentrated on good advice for the new puppy owner to be. Seems very good constructive advice. Assuming the puppy will take off with all fair game, dirty underwear particularly. There are many people that 'do not leave their underwear laying around for their dog to grab.
    Ho'neene'šeohtseva'e

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota_Chey View Post
    WHAT DOOR? WHERE WERE I? WHERE WAS THE WAIST HEIGHT TABLE? Apparantly, same lesson-not learned. Unfortunately, during assisting my daughter with her labour whilst looking after her young children over 130kms away, one cannot be in two places! Considering this, one should READ before one gives unwarranted and unnecessary comments of puppy pep talk.
    Umm yes, one should read before giving unnecessary comments.

    Only a few posts before yours, sammosboxer posted that they were getting a 9 week old puppy and they they were worried about what she would destroy...

    To which Hyacinth gave a good link and some friendly advice about keeping doors shut to prevent the puppy from chewing... Something I learned the hard way after running out of pairs of undies with the crotch still intact.

    Just because someone posts after you does not mean the post is directed at you.

    Sammosboxer: I am glad you have decided to go with the puppy, it is a much easier option.
    The puppy stage can be hard, and you might find yourself getting frustrated some times but before long they are grown up and you are wishing for that cute puppy stage again... not to mention puppy breath!
    Last edited by Crested_Love; 06-03-2011 at 04:37 AM. Reason: typos

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    central coast nsw
    Posts
    802

    Default

    I loooove puppy breath!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •