Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Petition Against New Greyhound Racing Track

  1. #81

    Default

    And, I have seen this forum go through a stack of highs and lows, but this?

    I thought the ganging up on one member for sharing their opinions days were gone.



    Sorry Molly33.

    And Allie give your boy a hug from me and the hounds here.
    Last edited by Nattylou; 02-03-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: crap spelling - too cranky!

  2. #82

    Default

    I am surpriced by somes opinions on this matter also & I did stick up for the greyhounds plight.
    There was a couple of poster for greyhound racing though which surpriced me greatly.
    I have to say what I've seen of the trainer/breeders is not nice & no dog should have to live that way.
    Dogs make everyday life enjoyable...........

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nattylou View Post
    And, I have seen this forum go through a stack of highs and lows, but this?

    I thought the ganging up on one member for sharing their opinions days were gone.



    Sorry Molly33.

    And Allie give your boy a hug from me and the hounds here.


    What a crock of s*&% Nattylou, there is no ganging up going on here, most are merely voicing there opinion as well, i thought that was the idea of forums.
    Clearly you have an opinion similar so you feel the need to go into bat for the author, good, your entitled to your opinion i'm entitled to mine.
    It so easy to sit behind a keypad and assume you know more or that the person with the different opinion knows less. But remember this is your opinion.
    Certainly i will offer you no apology Molly i have a whole different view on things, MY OPINION.

  4. #84

    Default

    It wasn't directed at you Peter, although you and I rarely agree, you at least stick to your opinion and don't change it according to what seems like the majority on the day.

    Agreeing with yourself is one thing, agreeing with the majority just because that's what's going on today is another.

  5. #85

    Default

    And I have seen many people with show dogs treat their dogs like they are less than dirt when they don't win, I have seen show dogs physically abused AT shows.... that doesn't mean I don't like dog shows, just those select few that don't treat them right.

    Again, I have never said I support the industry, I don't gamble and I don't go to Greyhound or horse races but it doesn't mean I think they should be banned just because of the bad actions of some.

    Molly, I'm sorry if I offended you, I really am, but it doesn't mean I have to share the same opinion as you.
    Fact is, not all Greyhound trainers are evil.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Agreed Crested. I definatly think things need to change with the indistry but there are good people out there.
    A friend of mine races Greyhounds and her dogs are everything to her, she certanly isn't in it for the money.

  7. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bordeaux View Post
    Agreed Crested. I definatly think things need to change with the indistry but there are good people out there.
    A friend of mine races Greyhounds and her dogs are everything to her, she certanly isn't in it for the money.
    There is not much money in greyhounds not compared to race horses anyway.
    But yes there are some good ones but we do need some reform on the amount breed & alot more trainers kennels/yards checked.
    I once walk into a hound yard & found a dead dog that the others had started eating. The owner was embrassed but said I just didn't understand greyhounds.
    Dogs make everyday life enjoyable...........

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
    There is not much money in greyhounds not compared to race horses anyway.
    But yes there are some good ones but we do need some reform on the amount breed & alot more trainers kennels/yards checked.
    I once walk into a hound yard & found a dead dog that the others had started eating. The owner was embrassed but said I just didn't understand greyhounds.
    Yuck.

    We sure do need more checks on all establishments where animals are kept weather for breeding or sport or food.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    That is just horrible CD, I agree there needs to be a h*** of alot more checks. Theres no excuse for any animal to be kept in those kind of conditions

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
    There is not much money in greyhounds not compared to race horses anyway.
    But yes there are some good ones but we do need some reform on the amount breed & alot more trainers kennels/yards checked.
    I once walk into a hound yard & found a dead dog that the others had started eating. The owner was embrassed but said I just didn't understand greyhounds.
    Why didnt you report him?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •