Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: What Breed Has Your Dog Been Mistaken For?

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
    For the poster with the xbreed that I thought was a pig dog xbreed, here are some pics of the type of dogs that I think would be in his family tree.
    Thank you for those crazydog I can see Dexter has the same build and the ears are very alike.Though he is the clumsiest dog I have ever known all legs!When he plays with the other dog in the house he just misses the door ways and runs into walls!Though he can be on the floor one minute and on top of my daughters cubby house the next in one leap!

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crested_Love View Post
    Thanks crazydog, so you are in the 2%.

    I have a bunch more question... mostly "why" but I will save that for another thread or in private.

    I agree there are good and bad breeders no matter what you are talking about. Heck I know some god awful registered breeders but I also know some really good ones.
    Yep I agree their are good 1's but I'm afraid there are more bad than good.
    Question away I have no issue answer them?
    But you must understand I have strict guidlines I follow that is probley alot stricter than most & do not promote breeding poodle x's for hypoallagenic reason or another reason really as a 1 off cross really is a jackpot.
    I started many years before the craze started & have never taken advantage by advising my dogs which are at least 5 generations ahead of anything else around at the time. I breed for me, close friends & family & can go yrs inbetween litters these days. I did try & find what we wanted at the time for my ashmatic diabetic 9yr old sister & we simply could not & anything close was alot of money. So I started myself with the goal of breeding a dog a of between toy & mini size with thicker set bone, less play drive, mabe a little less brain too, lol, with a wavy to curly coat & of true family dog temperment.
    I am not saying what I do is right or wrong but I do know we are all very happy with or little mutts. I love my pure poodles but they are a bit much for some poeple.
    Last point not all my dogs are breeding dogs & any bitch that is breed never have more than 4 litters(3 is the norm) & are then desexed & stay here with us as they have every right too.
    Dogs make everyday life enjoyable...........

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goonerlady View Post
    Thank you for those crazydog I can see Dexter has the same build and the ears are very alike.Though he is the clumsiest dog I have ever known all legs!When he plays with the other dog in the house he just misses the door ways and runs into walls!Though he can be on the floor one minute and on top of my daughters cubby house the next in one leap!
    Sounds like there is some bull arab in there then, they are clowns & single minded(meaning who can look for walls when doing important stuff like playing) & incredably agile with a turn of speed in some you'd have to see to beleive.
    Last edited by crazydog; 01-17-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: change a word
    Dogs make everyday life enjoyable...........

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
    Yep I agree their are good 1's but I'm afraid there are more bad than good.
    Question away I have no issue answer them?
    But you must understand I have strict guidlines I follow that is probley alot stricter than most & do not promote breeding poodle x's for hypoallagenic reason or another reason really as a 1 off cross really is a jackpot.
    I started many years before the craze started & have never taken advantage by advising my dogs which are at least 5 generations ahead of anything else around at the time. I breed for me, close friends & family & can go yrs inbetween litters these days. I did try & find what we wanted at the time for my ashmatic diabetic 9yr old sister & we simply could not & anything close was alot of money. So I started myself with the goal of breeding a dog a of between toy & mini size with thicker set bone, less play drive, mabe a little less brain too, lol, with a wavy to curly coat & of true family dog temperment.
    I am not saying what I do is right or wrong but I do know we are all very happy with or little mutts. I love my pure poodles but they are a bit much for some poeple.
    Last point not all my dogs are breeding dogs & any bitch that is breed never have more than 4 litters(3 is the norm) & are then desexed & stay here with us as they have every right too.
    A shame that some ( *sigh* no not breeder bashing before anyone thinks to start) Registered breeders didn't share your ethics Crazy.
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

  5. #55

    Default

    Thanks Choppa it means alot as it toke time to get used to the dislike & worse that I often reseive for telling the truth & admitting I breed xbreeds at times as well as purebreeds.
    Alot of poeple assume because I do xbreed with 1 set of dogs I'm going to do it with my Tibetan Mastiffs & thats just silly on a whole set of levels. I have owned TM's for over 10yrs & never had a xbreed TM litter myself & only 1 pure litter hardley the profile of someone in it for the money or out to x breed on whim.
    I'm not perfect & have made my share of mistakes but I do try & learn from them & can honestly say I'm totaly devoted to all my animals.
    Dogs make everyday life enjoyable...........

  6. #56

    Default

    You sounds like a very responsible breeder crazydog.
    One thing I do want to know and have never had the chance to ask someone calmly, why cross breed when there are so many purebred breeds out there?

    You say you want something that is low allergy, small and has plenty of bone well... a Shih Tzu fits that profile, as does an American Cocker, I guess I just don't understand why you would breed 2 dogs together and have no idea of the outcome, when you could get a purebred and know exactly what you are getting.

    When I was little my mum brought home this little terrier mix from the pound, I was terribly allergic to it and she had to take it back. Same with most other breeds we have owned. But Shih Tzus I have no problem with at all and because they are such stocky little dogs they are great for young kids as they are capable of playing rough.

    Basically, I just don't think I will ever "get it" because I don't see any benefits from doing it.

    I'm not having a go, like you said we just have differing opinions on the subject.

  7. #57

    Default

    Well Shih Tzu was the way I was going BUT I found alot of health problems, slipping kneecaps, lose eye sockets, soft palete problems,shocking teeth & heart conditions.
    My Aunty breed & did agility with cockers & well they just wheren't great kids dogs on many levels & had hurendous ear infections & hips where an issue.
    I do now have a small % of Shih Tzu through most of my dogs & Jack is about 30% shih Tzu, I have attached a pic of him & you can see he has a stunning shihty coat but not the squeshed up facial features.
    Dogs make everyday life enjoyable...........

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,388

    Default

    He is very cute CD!!! I want I want I want

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cressy, Tasmania
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Well, my Tibetan Mastiffs has gotten.... rottweiler, labrador, poddle, long haired great dane, golden retriever x labrador, and the person who's come closest called them a mastiff mix, haha

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogHappy View Post
    Well, my Tibetan Mastiffs has gotten.... rottweiler, labrador, poddle, long haired great dane, golden retriever x labrador, and the person who's come closest called them a mastiff mix, haha
    My b/t bitch gets long haired rottie often, lol
    Dogs make everyday life enjoyable...........

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •