Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Worms

  1. #21

    Default

    What about he Hydadid (sp) tape worm?
    I make sure my worm products cover this for dogs, plus I feed raw.
    Does the worm products for sheep cover the hydadid?
    Just curious.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rural Western Australia
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Low rainfall central wheatbelt - Merredin area

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalacreek View Post
    Low rainfall central wheatbelt - Merredin area
    I know that area pretty well..FIL is a stockie up that way. Also I lived up that way for a couple of years
    We are Katanning based. OH is a stockie..


    It's also depends on the weather.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rural Western Australia
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molly33 View Post
    What about he Hydadid (sp) tape worm?
    I make sure my worm products cover this for dogs, plus I feed raw.
    Does the worm products for sheep cover the hydadid?
    Just curious.
    No you have to treat your dog, the hytatid tapeworms cycle through sheep and dogs. The tapeworm that causes sheep measles is a different tapeworm and again you have to treat your dog. Can cause problems at the abbatoirs with sheep.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rural Western Australia
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peta23 View Post
    I know that area pretty well..FIL is a stockie up that way. Also I lived up that way for a couple of years
    We are Katanning based. OH is a stockie..
    It's also depends on the weather.
    Well worms would be an issue then even in the reletive dry of this year! We dont have a lot of sheep up this way especially now - most haved been trucked east!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Is it human grade or pet food grade you feed her?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalacreek View Post
    Well worms would be an issue then even in the reletive dry of this year! We dont have a lot of sheep up this way especially now - most haved been trucked east!
    Yep.. I know that too well.. But u will be suprised how many sheep are still in WA

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rural Western Australia
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peta23 View Post
    Yep.. I know that too well.. But u will be suprised how many sheep are still in WA
    Yes I can imagine - I rang up to get some easy one pellets for my sheep at Bruce Rock and they had just been cleaned out, so have to wait for the next lot to arrive. I only have small farm, but my neighbour has 10000 ha and he still has his flock of a couple of thousand, but he has a lot of stubble. He usually leases paddocks from me but this year I need them for my sheep.

    Still quite a lot of sheep out Southern Cross way, most have been mated so they are locked in.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalacreek View Post
    I think it depends where you are and your paddock rotation.

    I do my dogs every 6 weeks to prevent sheep getting sheep measles from tapeworm.

    My sheep are fine - very healthy and very low worm burden and I dont drench them. I also have strict rotational grazing.

    One of the advatages of farming in the low rainfall area.
    Also the advantage of the breed[Wiltipoll] also is low worm counts on healthy stock as with the dorpers.
    Yes I like all the clean skin meat sheep, just makes better sence. We still have a few whooly buggers but will never buy another merino every again.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peta23 View Post
    Is it human grade or pet food grade you feed her?
    Yeah it is human. But I freeze it first.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •