Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: When Can I???

  1. #1

    Default When Can I???

    Bath Poppy???

    She had her stitched removed today and she is in desperate need of a bath!

    Should I wait till the weekend? Or can I do it anytime I like?

    Forgot to ask at the vet!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lala Land!!!
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    If her wound is healed, which it should be given the stitches came out, then yes you can bath her. Just dont rub the scar too much, dont want to agrivate it.

    Breeding, Showing, Training and general crazy making!!!
    If you seek understanding listen to the music, not the song.

  3. #3

    Default

    Amy.... in regards to the scar /wound healing, i've read & heard that "manuka" honey is brilliant in aiding wounds, it has antibiotic properties i think?????? i maybe wrong though. I'm sure Greysaregreat & Amanda use "manuka" honey on their animals wounds with great success.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaari View Post
    If her wound is healed, which it should be given the stitches came out, then yes you can bath her. Just dont rub the scar too much, dont want to agrivate it.
    Thanks Ash! I wont rub it or anything, will just make sure its rinsed so theres no soap residue left on her and thats it!

    I don't think she has ever been this long without a bath! Lol! Want to go get some aloeveen for her again!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Floyd View Post
    Amy.... in regards to the scar /wound healing, i've read & heard that "manuka" honey is brilliant in aiding wounds, it has antibiotic properties i think?????? i maybe wrong though. I'm sure Greysaregreat & Amanda use "manuka" honey on their animals wounds with great success.
    Thanks AF. But I'm pretty sure its all healed since like Ash said, the stitches came out today.

    And if I put honey on her, wouldn't she just lick it off?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Thanks Ash! I wont rub it or anything, will just make sure its rinsed so theres no soap residue left on her and thats it!

    I don't think she has ever been this long without a bath! Lol! Want to go get some aloeveen for her again!

    Amy.... aloeveen is a great shampoo,it's anti allergy, anti itch & it will not annoy/ itch the wound at all.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Thanks AF. But I'm pretty sure its all healed since like Ash said, the stitches came out today.

    And if I put honey on her, wouldn't she just lick it off?

    If she does lick it off at least you know the honey wont harm her, bet she luves the honey taste.....

  8. #8

    Default

    When lex had "manuka" honey it was under a bandage.
    <a href=http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx319/cs4dm/lexsig.jpg target=_blank>http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/x...4dm/lexsig.jpg</a>

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Floyd View Post
    Amy.... aloeveen is a great shampoo,it's anti allergy, anti itch & it will not annoy/ itch the wound at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Floyd View Post
    If she does lick it off at least you know the honey wont harm her, bet she luves the honey taste.....
    Thanks AF! We love Aloeveen! I tried a natural one with neem oil that was great too but I do prefer the smell of aloeveen and it definately seems much more gentle and conditioning to her coat!

    She would LOVE the honey! But I'm thinking that time has passed since she is completely healed! She was so good, she left the stitches alone the whole time! She did lick them every now and then, to keep them clean, but I didnt have to use a bucket collar on her!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackLexDog View Post
    When lex had "manuka" honey it was under a bandage.

    How is Lex? All better?

  10. #10

    Default

    He's great thanks for asking!!

    Same as he ever was.. minus 1 toe.
    <a href=http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx319/cs4dm/lexsig.jpg target=_blank>http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/x...4dm/lexsig.jpg</a>

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •