Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Would You???

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Don't you think you are being too presumptuous in assuming that these dogs are going to have "considerable behaviour problems" ? Don't automatically assume! Crikey, plenty of dogs with so-called "behaviour" problems that were not bred by a puppy miller!
    Did you READ all of my post???

    I went on to say "or at least a good chance of behaviour problems.

    I'm no doggy expert but I think I can assume that when a dog has been poorly socialised and used as a breeding machine that there is a chance of behavioural problems!!!

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Did you READ all of my post???

    I went on to say "or at least a good chance of behaviour problems.

    I'm no doggy expert but I think I can assume that when a dog has been poorly socialised and used as a breeding machine that there is a chance of behavioural problems!!!

    You didn't quite say that there is a chance of behavioural problems; you said that there would be considerable behaviour problems. Big difference, don't you think? I think you are exaggerating in saying that such dogs would have considerable behavioural problems. There is a chance that they may have some temperament problems but that is not always the case. Some posters here are starting to sound more and more like dogzonline which is the type of forum that reminds me of Hitler's regime and his obsession with the Aryan race. Whilst I do not condone puppy millers and in fact wish they were simply forced to find another way to make a dollar instead of making money out of the suffering of animals, I am not against the odd crossbred pup.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    sure...but more than often they will come from BYB who couldn't give a sh!t about their breeding stock in regards to health and temperament issues!

    And dogs with so-called "behaviour" problems....in a MAJORITY of the cases it is due to the way they have been treated....not their genetics! And yes...we all know how Puppy Mill dogs are treated, so...........
    Well, I beg to differ! Not all registered breeders belong on a pedestal, in fact a fair few deserve to be kicked off that pedestal! Not all reg. breeders breed for health and temperament as much as they would like everybody to believe. Guess what, I am a reg. breeder and I get to see and hear more than my fair share. There is a fair share of inbreeding happening simply to conform to a look that will guarantee them a show ribbon irrespective of the consequences. Then again, there are some conscientious reg. breeders who opt to do their utmost best in ensuring a healthy pup with a great temperament but lets not be too liberal in saying that all reg. breeders are great.
    Last edited by Celeste; 05-12-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added more.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    Did you not hear me or what????

    A BYB is not necessarily a breeder who is NOT registered!!! A BYB is a breeder who breeds for financial gain with NO regards to health and temperament!

    Guess what....I hold a breeders prefix too!

    Isn't it you who lost a Cav puppy (RIP puppy)? If it is not you I apologise!!! Why on earth would you buy this puppy if Breeder did not health test their breeding stock?!? Aren't you just empowering them in their unethical practices???
    Sorry Cleasanta; I guess I didn't hear you say that reg. breeders can also be considered BYB. Yes, it was me who lost a cavalier pup. I guess I have learnt my lesson through that mistake. I should have known better than to place blind trust in someone. So disappointed.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Thats SUCH a sad story Netty!!!

    I don't think this is something I would consider doing as I did think there would be considerable behaviour problems with a dog of that sort, or at least a good chance of behaviour problems.
    And I'm just not cut out to deal with them.

    Its just SO sad!!! They will be sold to some un-assuming people who think they are getting a purebred dog at a bargain price and then I wonder what will happen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    You didn't quite say that there is a chance of behavioural problems; you said that there would be considerable behaviour problems. Big difference, don't you think? I think you are exaggerating in saying that such dogs would have considerable behavioural problems. There is a chance that they may have some temperament problems but that is not always the case. Some posters here are starting to sound more and more like dogzonline which is the type of forum that reminds me of Hitler's regime and his obsession with the Aryan race. Whilst I do not condone puppy millers and in fact wish they were simply forced to find another way to make a dollar instead of making money out of the suffering of animals, I am not against the odd crossbred pup.
    See my post above! I bolded the section where I said "or at least a good chance of behavioural problems".

    I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I believe that dogs from puppy mills are likely to have behaviour problems. And I bet lots of people here believe the same thing.

    I'm not against crossbreds either. I have a Cavalier X Cavoodle. I assume she came from a puppy mill but am not 100% sure. I bought her before I knew the full extent of mills and how they operate.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •