Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: 2 Puppies and an Adult at Once?!?!?! What Was I Thinking!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    767

    Default

    hehe how cute! Batty's ears seem to just keep getting bigger & bigger!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    with my family
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Aww beautiful photos. You look like you have plenty to keep you occupied for a while The puppy is cute.
    <a href=http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/mysnakesau/P1040826-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...P1040826-1.jpg</a>RIP Tigga

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Lots of fun, eh? I have Jess back too for a few nights. That will be 3 nearly 5 month old puppies and mum. Takes an hour or two for her to jostle for her place then they settle.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Poppy has now gone home

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    Poppy has now gone home
    Aww! I'm glad you enjoyed having her even though she stole Batty's food, and cried and cried, an poo'ed and vomitted!

    She has done a big wee since we got home so she is definately still hydrated thanks to your syringing efforts! I have also given her some syringed water.

    I hope she perks up by tomorrow! Just cooling her rice now!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    Aww! I'm glad you enjoyed having her even though she stole Batty's food, and cried and cried, an poo'ed and vomitted!

    She has done a big wee since we got home so she is definately still hydrated thanks to your syringing efforts! I have also given her some syringed water.

    I hope she perks up by tomorrow! Just cooling her rice now!
    I'm missing her already!

    Batty cried and cried and pooped lots and vomited when he first got here too She was an absolute pleasure to have here and she's always welcome to stay whenever she needs to. Rosie adored her too!

    I'm glad she's done a great big pee, I'm sure she'll be much happier home with you. I think she's very attached to you guys.

  7. #17

    Default

    Aww! That's good to know! I honestly think the poking and vomit was a combination of he new environment, dogs and people and animals! I think stealing Battys food didn't help! Naughty girl and now I think she is just completely exhausted! She is sleeping under our feet in the lounge room! I just offered her some of therice with a teaspoon of the ground treats mixed through it. She sniffed it but lay back down and went to sleep so I have just left it out for her!

  8. #18

    Default

    So Poppy is still sleeping and refusing food. I keep syringing her water and we took her out before. She did a wee and a very runny squirt. It wasn't a lot of poo. But then again I guess she doesn't have anything to poo out!

    I'm thinking of taking her to the vet tomorrow before I start work. OH will be home with her all day which is good but I really want to take her to the vet. Should I offer her a normal breakfast before we go to the vet? Or just keep offering her rice?

    This puppy mummy stuff is so stressful! Thanks for all your help and advice AGB!!!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    So Poppy is still sleeping and refusing food. I keep syringing her water and we took her out before. She did a wee and a very runny squirt. It wasn't a lot of poo. But then again I guess she doesn't have anything to poo out!

    I'm thinking of taking her to the vet tomorrow before I start work. OH will be home with her all day which is good but I really want to take her to the vet. Should I offer her a normal breakfast before we go to the vet? Or just keep offering her rice?

    This puppy mummy stuff is so stressful! Thanks for all your help and advice AGB!!!
    If she hasn't eaten yet she'll only have water in her system. Did the poop (other than being runny) smell odd or have blood in it? I'd keep offering the rice, maybe add some chicken stock to it, made a little bit weak. I think the vet tomorrow may be a good idea. Try to start getting a bit more water in her now as well. How do her gums look? If you press on her gum does it go pink again quickly?

    Yup! Just wait till their teeth go black and start falling out !

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    If she hasn't eaten yet she'll only have water in her system. Did the poop (other than being runny) smell odd or have blood in it? I'd keep offering the rice, maybe add some chicken stock to it, made a little bit weak. I think the vet tomorrow may be a good idea. Try to start getting a bit more water in her now as well. How do her gums look? If you press on her gum does it go pink again quickly?

    Yup! Just wait till their teeth go black and start falling out !
    So should I boil a new batch of rice in really weak chicken stock? I only made a tiny bit for her before. And she hasnt touched it.

    Her poo didn't smell odd or have blood in it. It was only a VERY tiny amount. Literally a squirt. She is still reacting to her name but is just snoozing. When we went outside I had to pick her up and take her. Then when we came in she didnt follow us straight away which was odd for her. She is usually right where we are but she hasn't been doing that today!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •