Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 171

Thread: What Breed Makes You Think ... Eh!

  1. #1

    Default What Breed Makes You Think ... Eh!

    Wierd question... I know...

    But we obviously all love dogs. Or at least our own...

    So my question is...is there a breed that makes you think "eh"... I wonder why people go for THAT breed???

    This thread isn't meant to be offensive! We all like different things for different reasons and I thought it would be interesting to see if other people have a breed that they would NEVER go for?

    For me...I have to say its the Pug. Not for me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Yep...a Puli, because I am thinking with that coat....the grooming and maintenance must be insane!

  3. #3

    Default

    I just googled that breed Clea! Had never heard of it! And OH MY GAWD!!! That is CRAZY! It looks like it has dreadies! Lol!

    Very cute but...WOW!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    361

    Default

    I can't see the attraction with Shar Peis [sorry, I know there are a few fans on here ]. Also, English Mastiffs, all that drool, eww! There's plenty more, I'd be here all day, but they're the first two that spring to mind.

    I know there are lots that wouldn't own a bull breed and are quite happy to say so, so I hope you respect my right to not like the dogs that I've said

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    I just googled that breed Clea! Had never heard of it! And OH MY GAWD!!! That is CRAZY! It looks like it has dreadies! Lol!

    Very cute but...WOW!!!
    It IS dreadlocks...and it must be SOOOO hot here in our climate!

  6. #6

    Default

    Breeds that i would NEVER go for?....I'll make my answer simple,


    ... any breed that is not a SBT....

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    It IS dreadlocks...and it must be SOOOO hot here in our climate!
    Looks like it needs to take a visit to the sheep sheerer! Haha! I cannot imagine how hot they must get here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
    I can't see the attraction with Shar Peis [sorry, I know there are a few fans on here ]. Also, English Mastiffs, all that drool, eww! There's plenty more, I'd be here all day, but they're the first two that spring to mind.

    I know there are lots that wouldn't own a bull breed and are quite happy to say so, so I hope you respect my right to not like the dogs that I've said

    Pei's are cute! The one at the vet the other night captured my heart! It had this look of longing in its eyes...all it wanted to do was come and play with Poppy but it couldn't due to its leg that was in plaster. I must admit I don't know a lot about the breed so am just judging it on this one doggy!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless View Post

    I know there are lots that wouldn't own a bull breed and are quite happy to say so, so I hope you respect my right to not like the dogs that I've said
    Well said Ruthless


    In general, it seems to be a 1 way street tho.. us Bull Breed folk get slammed for not liking other breeds etc, but others breed owners seem to think that their dislike for Bull Breeds is valid & ok for them to slam Bull Breeds etc

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Floyd View Post
    Well said Ruthless


    In general, it seems to be a 1 way street tho.. us Bull Breed folk get slammed for not liking other breeds etc, but others breed owners seem to think that their dislike for Bull Breeds is valid & ok for them to slam Bull Breeds etc
    Like I said in my OP...this thread isn't about slamming!!! It is about being respectful!!!

    I know SBT's are not for me...But doesn't mean I don't think they are beautiful dogs that make amazing pets!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    I love the SBT, but I also like Bull Terriers (hubby is not so fussed on them). I think AmStaffs are GORGEOUS and I have seen some fine specimens at our shows!

    Dogs not for me........Chihuahua, Maltese, Pekingese, SWF's....actually I am just not a "toy" breed sorta person...I like substance in a dog.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •