Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: I'm Sorry

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FNQ
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    im confuzzled...??

  2. #12

    Default

    Peoples situations change and unfortunately they have to sometimes do things they don't want to. I don't understand why the OP is obliged to explain to everybody here why they did it.

  3. #13

    Default

    Totally agree BULLYT. Just support her pain, it's not our business why she had to give them up, she clearly adores them.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYT View Post
    Peoples situations change and unfortunately they have to sometimes do things they don't want to. I don't understand why the OP is obliged to explain to everybody here why they did it.
    Could be mistaken, but I think you may find that the OP has explained to ppl before (elsewhere) why this happened, and she was shot down in flames and ripped to pieces at a time when she needed support and human understanding more than ever.

    If she does feel inclined to ever talk about her reasoning here, I hope she doesn't get the same response.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Could be mistaken, but I think you may find that the OP has explained to ppl before (elsewhere) why this happened, and she was shot down in flames and ripped to pieces at a time when she needed support and human understanding more than ever.

    If she does feel inclined to ever talk about her reasoning here, I hope she doesn't get the same response.
    Actually DA, I don't think she did explain before, she just said she did a stupid thing. To know the circumstances will help us give her the right support that she needs. Even if it was something silly that caused her to give up her babies and now regret it, we can encourage her in the right direction especially if she does get her Newfie pup that she so desperately wants.
    Ferrero is reasonably young and may need sound advice or a helping hand through this forum.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Actually DA, I don't think she did explain before, she just said she did a stupid thing. To know the circumstances will help us give her the right support that she needs. Even if it was something silly that caused her to give up her babies and now regret it, we can encourage her in the right direction especially if she does get her Newfie pup that she so desperately wants.
    Ferrero is reasonably young and may need sound advice or a helping hand through this forum.
    Very wise words, Bohemiannic. I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I hope Ferrero does one day feel comfortable discussing it here with ppl on this forum. I do think you are spot on that she could get great support from others here. I mean, seriously, how many of us haven't done something we've regretted throughout our lifetimes?

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Very wise words, Bohemiannic. I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I hope Ferrero does one day feel comfortable discussing it here with ppl on this forum. I do think you are spot on that she could get great support from others here. I mean, seriously, how many of us haven't done something we've regretted throughout our lifetimes?
    Very true DA. Everyone has done at least one thing in their lives that they have regretted. That is why I hope Ferrero does become comfortable enough to tell us the whole story one day so we know how we can help her in the future and also help her come to terms and not have to cry herself to sleep thinking about what happened.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Bring something to a public forum and just half doing it is not the way though. Either keep it to yourself or be prepared for people to ask as the OP is the one who put it out there.

    I hope too that people will be kind but maybe it was best to say nothing at all, as the song goes.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Trinity Beach, CAIRNS
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Thanks guys!


    I don't really want to get into it all again, but the bottom line is, I was in a rush to start a new life and my dogs suffered as a result. I moved away and wanted my dogs with me, that's all I cared about. Obviously it didn't cross my mind that I wouldn't be able to keep them as I spent close to $800 flying them up here.

    It wasn't until a little later when reality set in and I knew that I had done wrong. If I really didn't care, I could have just dropped them off anywhere, but I didn't. I searched for days and days to find somewhere that would take them and had a no kill policy. That place was Mackay S.P.C.A which was about a 2.5hr drive to.

    Looking back, I wish that I had stayed in Sydney longer and looked for the perfect home for them so that I didn't have to constantly wonder who was looking after them and how they were treated, but at the time, they were MY dogs and I wanted them with me.


    I am now in a pet friendly rental so getting my newfie won't be a problem. There is NO WAY I am ever going to put my dogs, or myself through that again!
    Only a twinkle in his daddys eye ♥♡
    (IM)patiently waiting for my long awaited newfie pup ♥♡

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    That would have been so so so hard. Even the thought of someone else loving and caring for Roly and Lady, and calling them their own breaks my heart.
    The thought of Roly and Lady loving anyone else like they had once loved me...

    Im sorry, thats absolutely no help, but I applaud you for being so selfless. They are beautiful dogs, sure they will be happy with their new owners, but a dog never forgets
    Education not Legislation

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •