Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dog Attack. Not a Bull Bread This Time

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    803

    Default Dog Attack. Not a Bull Bread This Time

    I found this on ninemsn

    A prominent Victorian politician has been hospitalised after being mauled by a dog last week.

    Federal senator Helen Kroger suffered bites to her face, arms, legs and hands when she was attacked by her neighbour's dog on Thursday, 3AW reported this morning.

    The Liberal senator went to break up a fight between her two dogs and her neighbour's when she herself was attacked.

    The neighbour's dog, a fox terrier, was being attacked by Senator Kroger's two dogs after it had slipped into her front yard, she told 3AW.

    "There was only one way I could thought I could help this little dog and that was by picking it up," she said.

    "Of course it was terrified so it decided to lash out at its saviour."

    Senator Kroger was taken to Epworth Private Hospital in Richmond, Melbourne, where she underwent surgery and received stitches to her leg and fingers.

    She is expected to remain in hospital for the rest of the week.

    "I look a bit like an Egyptian mummy at the moment.".

    "It just means I'll be watching question time from a hospital bed instead of a chamber."

    She has said she doesn't want the dog put down.

    Senator Kroger was elected to the Federal Senate in 2007 after spending three years as the state president of the Victorian Liberal Party.

    News alerts: Get breaking news first. Download free ninemsn news alerts now.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Good to see that she has a great attitude towards the dog. Obviously she realised in hindsight that picking the dog up wasn't the best thing to do.

    Hope she recovers well, and hope the nieghbours do something about securing their dog on their own property in future.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Good to see that she has a great attitude towards the dog. Obviously she realised in hindsight that picking the dog up wasn't the best thing to do.

    Hope she recovers well, and hope the nieghbours do something about securing their dog on their own property in future.
    Great post!

    I too hope she recovers well. I also hope that there won't be any misguided people saying that the dog should be PTS when the dog was merely reacting through pain.

  4. #4

    Default

    I would not call that a dog attack. The wee dog was attacked and suffered horrific injuries which it did not survive. . Unfortunatly it was probaly fighting for it's life when she picked it up and she's been bitten. You'd expect a bite if you get in between dogs in this situation but I imagine most people would have tried to get the wee one away from the bigger dogs with no thought as to the consequences.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Numurkah
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Yeah but the silly bitch tried to break up the fight her-self.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeiLuver View Post
    Yeah but the silly bitch tried to break up the fight her-self.
    The wee dog was being attacked. I'm not sure if you have ever seen that happen but I have and when a dog is screaming in pain whilst being mauled, the last thing on your mind is wether you will get bitten or not. Sometimes people react first and think of the consequences later.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYT View Post
    I would not call that a dog attack. The wee dog was attacked and suffered horrific injuries which it did not survive. . Unfortunatly it was probaly fighting for it's life when she picked it up and she's been bitten. You'd expect a bite if you get in between dogs in this situation but I imagine most people would have tried to get the wee one away from the bigger dogs with no thought as to the consequences.
    The terrier died?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeiLuver View Post
    Yeah but the silly bitch tried to break up the fight her-self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    The terrier died?
    Yes the Terrier died from the injuries.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Thanks BT. That is very sad.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    How sad the foxy died.

    What is the right thing to do in a situation like that? I think myself I would of done the same thing and tried to help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •