Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Dog's on Heat?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    I wonder how much I will be contributing to my vet's vacation a/c with 3 uteruses and one set of balls (if hubby does not stop being such a pain, make that 2)
    An awful lot, particularly if you take hubby in too.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    I wonder how much I will be contributing to my vet's vacation a/c with 3 uteruses and one set of balls (if hubby does not stop being such a pain, make that 2)
    Im planning to get Boss and Charlie done at the same time when we move. I think that will be experinsive trip cos Boss and Chewy are due for yearly shots and Charlie will start hers.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Ahhh, no worries. The reason why I kept asking is that a good and reputable breeder will give you loads of support after you have purchased your puppy and they can help you with all of the things you ask here.

    Suffice to say though, it sounds as though you purchased her from a back yard breeder and cahcnes are they couldn't care diddly squat about her future or offering life time support to you as her owner.
    How do you know if they are reputable or not. Will a reputable breeder only sell with papers?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pug_life View Post
    How do you know if they are reputable or not. Will a reputable breeder only sell with papers?
    Reputable breeders are always registered with the Canine Association in whichever state they reside. And yes, they are pedigree dogs with papers.

    When that doesn't happen, most ppl cannot feel inclined to call those breeders reputable.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pug_life View Post
    How do you know if they are reputable or not. Will a reputable breeder only sell with papers?
    Responsible reputable breeders register their puppies with Canine Governing body...they also make sure the puppy buys get support and a guarantee that they puppies are healthy...they offer ongoing support...they will give you a puppy pack on purchase etc

  6. #66

    Default

    Don't know about the uturuses, but the balls could add up to a stint in Hawaii , especially if he wants falsies as replacements.

    Neuticals LMAO. yes truely you can get ball replacements even upsized ones lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    I wonder how much I will be contributing to my vet's vacation a/c with 3 uteruses and one set of balls (if hubby does not stop being such a pain, make that 2)
    If you find yourself going through hell; Don't stay. Just keep on going.
    Beau.

  7. #67

    Default

    I have the parents papers and the ancestory on that does that help knowing if the dog will have any health problems. I didn't actually go to get the dog from the breeder DP did and said that he saw the parents there. They had quite a few pugs and at the time a few litters coming. They said they didn't give papaers because they were selling as pets not breeding dogs. She is a silver fawn and we paid $1100 for her so we assumed paying that money she was from a good breader but then like I said we don't know much about that side. We had alot of trouble finding somewhere to buy because there were so many fake adds on the internet. Is there any reason why they would not give papers other than what they had said?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Sorry DA - but I have to go against what you say. A reputable breeder is not neccessarily registered with the applicable state canine association. The ANKC does not recognise Mini Foxys and many working breeds. They also do not recognise Labradoodles and breeds in development, nor cross breeders and yet there are many breeders with these dogs that would be considered reputable.

    Pug_life, the word 'reputable' when used in this context is very subjective. To me, a reputable breeder is one that considers the off-spring of a mating. They will understand basic genetics and have knowledge of what potential health problems may be produced with a mating. They will also ensure that their puppies are placed in great homes and they will offer after sales service for however long it is needed or warranted
    .

    In your case, they are breeding a dog that is recognised by the ANKC and has a registry and yet they choose not to use this registry. This can only cause potential problems in the fact that without records, no-one knows what the ancestory is and therfore, the knowledge of what health problems may exist will also be neglible. They also obviously have not given any indication to you that they can be relied upon for assistance and advice after they sold you the pup, otherwsie you would have thought possibly already to phone them.
    Heck, don't say sorry - I see your point clearly, and in all honesty after considering that I have to agree with your opinion there.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pug_life View Post
    I have the parents papers and the ancestory on that does that help knowing if the dog will have any health problems. I didn't actually go to get the dog from the breeder DP did and said that he saw the parents there. They had quite a few pugs and at the time a few litters coming. They said they didn't give papaers because they were selling as pets not breeding dogs. She is a silver fawn and we paid $1100 for her so we assumed paying that money she was from a good breader but then like I said we don't know much about that side. We had alot of trouble finding somewhere to buy because there were so many fake adds on the internet. Is there any reason why they would not give papers other than what they had said?
    Well...registered breeders sell their Pet dogs on limited register, so a fairly "lame" excuse really.

    One reason could be that they are breeding A LOT of puppies and do not want the governing body to know how many litters they are spitting out every year.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    That is interesting. Why wouldn't they just offer them on limited register?

    Maybe they couldn't be bothered with the paperwork? a bit weird though IMHO.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •