Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 91

Thread: Dog's on Heat?

  1. #51

    Default

    Just to add onto Devils_Advocate's post, I cannot stress enough that going for the cheapest you can find is really not a good idea. Poppy needs to feel comfortable with the vet, and if you already have that bond with this vet, don't stress her out by taking her elsewhere.

    Also remember that more expensive doesn't equal better either

  2. #52

    Default

    Thanks DA and Jessicat!

    I am really happy with the vet we have. They are close. She was SO friendly and helpful and acknowledged I was doing all the right things with Poppy which was nice so I will def stick with them!

    Its a pity Puppy Preschool is at their other surgery which is WAAAY across town! But thats ok!

  3. #53

    Default

    I'm really happy to hear you'll be sticking with your current vet.

  4. #54

    Default

    Sorry I must have missed the thing about pedegree. She comes from show dogs but she has no papers although we have the parents papers. We have no intention of breeding her at all it was just when the vet told me it was months ago and it slipped my mind. We want to change vets can anyone reccomend a good vet particularly for desexing in Bray Park area.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pug_life View Post
    Sorry I must have missed the thing about pedegree. She comes from show dogs but she has no papers although we have the parents papers. We have no intention of breeding her at all it was just when the vet told me it was months ago and it slipped my mind. We want to change vets can anyone reccomend a good vet particularly for desexing in Bray Park area.
    Desexing is a very common procedure so not too many stuff ups occur. I did happen to 'mention' about the rate of restitching with dogs at my vet. They hadn't had to restitch one of their own patients but had to for a couple that had had surgery elsewhere.

    Word of mouth is the best way to judge a vet so ask around your area. Maybe ask some neighbours whom have dogs?

    Please make sure you get her desexed, if you knew my story you wouldn't think twice about it! You would be shocked to hear some of the stories about dogs getting to bitches on heat! Jumping through windows, jumping 8ft fences and pulling wire caging apart to get in!

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeTheDeedNotTheBreed View Post
    Desexing is a very common procedure so not too many stuff ups occur. I did happen to 'mention' about the rate of restitching with dogs at my vet. They hadn't had to restitch one of their own patients but had to for a couple that had had surgery elsewhere.

    Word of mouth is the best way to judge a vet so ask around your area. Maybe ask some neighbours whom have dogs?

    Please make sure you get her desexed, if you knew my story you wouldn't think twice about it! You would be shocked to hear some of the stories about dogs getting to bitches on heat! Jumping through windows, jumping 8ft fences and pulling wire caging apart to get in!
    We are definately going to get her desexed after hearing this we didn't realise you couldn't just hide them from them. Even though I'm not a huge dog fan like the other members of my family I do still love her and I don't want her to get hurt. She is quite small and timid even when we take her to the off leash park near our house the dogs all jump on her and she is so scared she just lies on her back. There are so many dogs in this area I hear them back all the time and when we walk her they even bark when we walk past which also scares her.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pug_life View Post
    We are definately going to get her desexed after hearing this we didn't realise you couldn't just hide them from them. Even though I'm not a huge dog fan like the other members of my family I do still love her and I don't want her to get hurt. She is quite small and timid even when we take her to the off leash park near our house the dogs all jump on her and she is so scared she just lies on her back. There are so many dogs in this area I hear them back all the time and when we walk her they even bark when we walk past which also scares her.
    This doesnt mean she is scared as such but that she is submitting meaning that she accepts that they are the "boss". Hope that makes sense

  8. #58

    Default

    Why do all the dogs go for her? I noticed that they aren't to bothered by the other dogs but as soon as we bring her to the dog park she litterally has a swarm of dogs on her.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pug_life View Post
    Why do all the dogs go for her? I noticed that they aren't to bothered by the other dogs but as soon as we bring her to the dog park she litterally has a swarm of dogs on her.
    Hmm not sure about this one...perhaps because they dont see her as a threat because she is small?

    Sorry dont have this problem myself, me and Bailey dont go to dog parks lol

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    I wonder how much I will be contributing to my vet's vacation a/c with 3 uteruses and one set of balls (if hubby does not stop being such a pain, make that 2)

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •