Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: What Breed is My Puppy?

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeTheDeedNotTheBreed View Post
    I honestly dont know however check out the link below.............. its a purebred APBT with similar markings

    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [339366] :: DFK ''TINKER ''
    Thanks

    APBT was actually our first thought, but we're really not sure.

    I think we're going to have that BITSA doggy DNA test done on her tonight to see what kind of results come back if any.

    I've seen a lot of mixed reactions about it on the net but I think we'll do it out of interest anyway.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeTheDeedNotTheBreed View Post
    I honestly dont know however check out the link below.............. its a purebred APBT with similar markings

    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [339366] :: DFK ''TINKER ''
    Wow yes they do have very similar markings

    www.healthy4paws.com.au
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    I have no idea what breed they are. None of us really do, other than taking a guess.

    I would be very sceptical of any GS in them though, that's for sure. Nah, I don't see Kelpie either.

    Other than that, wait and see how the puppy develops. Usually as they grow, a breed or two (or more) will start to show more clearly.

    Hope you weren't scammed regarding what breed they are?!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    No worries AF, I was just being matter-of-fact, I know Kelpies are not a breed you're into the same as I'm not "into" bull breeds.

    Hanging around the Hound ring I see Ridgeback puppies a lot. And I can see that in a couple of the puppies, the ones with the dark points, not the mask. I would like to ask the owner if they had paler colouring behind the shoulders, like a lot of ridgies do.

    But since we are all seeing so many different types of dogs in these puppies it suggests to me that there is more than just two breeds.

    Or again it's just the quality of the parents??
    Last edited by mouseandchicken; 02-19-2010 at 02:17 PM.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks

    APBT was actually our first thought, but we're really not sure.

    I think we're going to have that BITSA doggy DNA test done on her tonight to see what kind of results come back if any.

    I've seen a lot of mixed reactions about it on the net but I think we'll do it out of interest anyway.
    Why is that these threads always end up that the dog must be APBT!!! Your dog looks like a bitsa. It may or may not have Amstaff in it. Unless you saw the parents and nothing jumped the fence and got to Mum, you can't be sure.

    Treat the dog as you would any Bull Breed and be aware of issues such
    as dominance and dog aggression which may be a problem later. Desex
    and train the pup.

    Judge google can be a good tool but just because you see a pic of a similar coloured dog does not make the pup APBT. There is enough people passing off xbred pittys as pure without encouraging it.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYT View Post
    Judge google can be a good tool but just because you see a pic of a similar coloured dog does not make the pup APBT. There is enough people passing off xbred pittys as pure without encouraging it.
    I never said it WAS an APBT I was just merely pointing out that it isnt just kelpies etc with those types of markings!

    Plus I actually found the website whilst looking for something else and kind of stored it in my head because I had never seen an APBT that colour before.

    AND I WAS NOT ENCOURAGING ANYTHING..IM OUT

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeTheDeedNotTheBreed View Post
    I never said it WAS an APBT I was just merely pointing out that it isnt just kelpies etc with those types of markings!

    Plus I actually found the website whilst looking for something else and kind of stored it in my head because I had never seen an APBT that colour before.

    AND I WAS NOT ENCOURAGING ANYTHING..IM OUT
    No disrespect to your comments was intended but I have noticed a trend with these threads that the word APBT gets thrown around a fair bit.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,596

    Default

    Hi BullyT

    We worry about a dog being called Pitbull when so many states have BSL making ownership of them a PITA, so anything we can do to encouarge the owner to avoid Amstaff x or Pitbull on the doggy rego, I regard as in the dog's best interests.

    Training the dog to be calm and safe and not aggressive in anyway is also in its best interests - no matter what the breed. It might be more difficult with a dog with bull breed ancestry than a king charles spaniel but still needs to be done. As is desexing it (unless they want to be a registered breeder and do dog shows and if there are no papers, what is the point of that - in this case).

    Some dog people think that owning an Amstaff or Pitbull somehow enhances the owner or makes them seem tough or is prestigious in some way. But as far as the BSL goes, better to own a rottweiler or a doberman or a ridgeback x.

  9. #19

    Default

    Some people said the wee thing has GSD in it & others say Ridgie. Here's what a Ridgie X Sheppie looks like ..... Cute eh ....


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    I thought some Ridgy and some Rottie. But certainly a bitza.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •