Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Sis Inlaws Neighbours Pitbull

  1. #1

    Default Sis Inlaws Neighbours Pitbull

    My SIL phoned me in tears yesterday because her neighbours pitbull (who she loves) attacked a smaller dog and had been taken by the council.

    She asked if they are likely to put the dog down. For one, the dog mustn't be registered if she is calling a PB cross. I told her the dog HAS to be registered and as a AMstaff cross not PB, even if her neighbour prefers to think she has a tougher dog

    I then asked if the dog was on a lead. She didn't answer, so I guessed not
    I sighed and said.. well it seems the poor dog is copping the punishment for your neighbours stupidity.

    I then told her she can object to having the dog destroyed and apply for a hearing and maybe they will give conditions like a muzzle if she is lucky.

    It ****s me that people with large dogs like that don't use leads.. if they attack it's just yet another blow to their already tarnished reputation.

    I am furious at the entire situation.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    thank you pugger
    For putting in your post that this poor dog will be punished for the stupidity of its owners.

    do people not realise that ALL bully breeds have a tendancy to be dog aggressive?!

  3. #3

    Default

    Any breed can become dog aggressive if they feel threatened and having dogs off leads stops any control over the dog if something spooks it.

    The problem with the bull breeds is the damage they can do when they are spooked so extra caution should be taken.. and halfwit ownership is the problem.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Any breed can become dog aggressive if they feel threatened and having dogs off leads stops any control over the dog if something spooks it.

    The problem with the bull breeds is the damage they can do when they are spooked so extra caution should be taken.. and halfwit ownership is the problem.
    yep...it is swift...and often devastating!

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeTheDeedNotTheBreed View Post

    do people not realise that ALL bully breeds have a tendancy to be dog aggressive?!
    I must be missunderstanding something here...

    I would have thought that someone who calls themselves "judge the deed Not the Breed" would know this is false.....


    It's sad that a dog was injured, but really without knowing the circumstances it's impossible to pass judgement...

    I have staffords, and one neighbour who insist on walking his two little white fluffy's past my house several times a day without lead to toilet them... sometimes even on my lawn... even on my property I'm sure the staffords would be blamed in the case of any incident...

    Puggerup - your SIL could try to make contact with the council, but to be honest I would be surprised if they are able to tell her anything... it will be up to the ranger as to what is to be done with the dog... it will also depend on whether the PB is properly registered, as that is how ownership is determined in the eyes of the rangers... usually first offence will be a warning and a lesson on how the dog needs to be housed...
    Stafford Rescue Victoria
    0408 515 111

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stafford Rescue Vic View Post
    Puggerup - your SIL could try to make contact with the council, but to be honest I would be surprised if they are able to tell her anything... it will be up to the ranger as to what is to be done with the dog... it will also depend on whether the PB is properly registered, as that is how ownership is determined in the eyes of the rangers... usually first offence will be a warning and a lesson on how the dog needs to be housed...
    Thanks I will pass that information on.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stafford Rescue Vic View Post
    I must be missunderstanding something here...

    I would have thought that someone who calls themselves "judge the deed Not the Breed" would know this is false.....
    I said have a tendancy to be dog aggressive! I didnt say they all were. My own dog isnt dog aggressive at all - however I dont put her in any circumstances where she could be.

    However I was on my mob phone posting (now back at my comp) and wanted to add.......

    YES ALL BREEDS CAN BE DOG AGGRESSIVE! and some dogs shouldnt be let off lead.

  8. Default

    I know whats it's like to be doing two things at once and post something before you read it...

    I will agree that no dogs should be off lead in public .... but I know heaps of dogs that have no aggression tendancies, both bull breeds and others... I think to say ALL dogs can be aggressive is a pretty broad statement and pretty much goes against what we are trying to achieve with BSL... as you say ----- Judge the Deed not the Breed ---
    Stafford Rescue Victoria
    0408 515 111

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stafford Rescue Vic View Post
    I know whats it's like to be doing two things at once and post something before you read it...

    I will agree that no dogs should be off lead in public .... but I know heaps of dogs that have no aggression tendancies, both bull breeds and others... I think to say ALL dogs can be aggressive is a pretty broad statement and pretty much goes against what we are trying to achieve with BSL... as you say ----- Judge the Deed not the Breed ---
    Can you please clarify what you mean by this?

    I think that saying all dogs can be dog aggressive is not a broad statement....because all dogs can be!
    How does that statement go against the fight for equal rights in dogs regarding BSL??? That comment states that all dogs can be equally aggressive no matter what the breed however like someone else said....its because of the damage caused and the **** heads that own them and put them in awful situations. <<< this can happen with any breed not just bull breeds!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeTheDeedNotTheBreed View Post
    Can you please clarify what you mean by this?

    I think that saying all dogs can be dog aggressive is not a broad statement....because all dogs can be!
    How does that statement go against the fight for equal rights in dogs regarding BSL??? That comment states that all dogs can be equally aggressive no matter what the breed however like someone else said....its because of the damage caused and the **** heads that own them and put them in awful situations. <<< this can happen with any breed not just bull breeds!
    I think she meant to type all BULL breeds can be aggressive rather than ALL breeds.

    I get what you meant anyway Judge I think we are all on the same page.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •