Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: Pure/Cross Breeding

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    IMO its not about the breeding or cross breeding! If the dog is well cared for, well fed and loved then who care's whether its a cross breed or a pure breed!
    Actually...I CARE very much!

    People who cross breed their dogs can only ever do it for ONE reason and yeah you guess it...for money. What possibly other reason could they have?!?!?

  2. #12

    Default

    IMO cross breeding should not be undertaken.. its so wrong on so many levels.. if a breed is perfect at being a pure bred, why cross it

    I am not against those that rescue or own cross breeds, just against the deliberate cross breeding its self.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    Actually...I CARE very much!

    People who cross breed their dogs can only ever do it for ONE reason and yeah you guess it...for money. What possibly other reason could they have?!?!?

    Well Said Dorte & I'll 2nd that

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    Actually...I CARE very much!

    People who cross breed their dogs can only ever do it for ONE reason and yeah you guess it...for money. What possibly other reason could they have?!?!?
    I never suggested that YOU didn't care!!!

    I thought ALL dogs were bred for $$$???

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    I never suggested that YOU didn't care!!!

    I thought ALL dogs were bred for $$$???
    You what???

    Good responsible registered breeders actually breed to improve the breed...to eliminate hereditary diseases...to improve conformation...to improve temperaments issues in certain breeds and eliminate bad traits!!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    I never suggested that YOU didn't care!!!

    I thought ALL dogs were bred for $$$???
    you said WHO CARES and I said I CARE!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Queensland. Australia
    Posts
    827

    Default


  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    You what???

    Good responsible registered breeders actually breed to improve the breed...to eliminate hereditary diseases...to improve conformation...to improve temperaments issues in certain breeds and eliminate bad traits!!
    These breeders you speak of sound very far and few between!!!

    How are people supposed to find these breeders?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,583

    Default

    Amy86

    You asked us for help choosing a breeder, we helped and you chose to ignore our advice - which would have avoided the puppy mill - but you went to the puppy mill and came home with a SICK PUPPY, you never met the puppy's parents, the puppy didn't get to choose you, you didn't get to pick the puppy in the litter that liked you best, the puppy, chances are, has never learned to socialise properly with other dogs, puppies or people - so there's trouble there already, it was bathed 4 times a day - so it's skin is in poor condition and you think your puppy is well loved and cared for.

    Excuse me while I DISAGREE with you. I feel very sorry for your puppy. And I'm not happy (to put it mildly) that you've chosen to support an industry that keeps sick dogs in tiny cages to MAKE MONEY. Even sheep and cattle farmers would not be allowed to do that and yet with dogs it is allowed.

    To find the right breeder - you start with the Australian Kennel Club, or even your local vet.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    These breeders you speak of sound very far and few between!!!

    How are people supposed to find these breeders?
    DogzOnline for PURE BRED dogs...local BREED clubs etc etc!!!!!
    Last edited by Cleasanta; 01-31-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •