Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dogs with Papers

  1. #1

    Default Dogs with Papers

    A few of the breeders Dad's been chatting to talk about papers. I understand why there is limited/main registry, I just wanted to know if your pup has limited registry, does that mean after a certain amount of time you lose the papers?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Doesn't it also mean that the puppy cannot be shown?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    Doesn't it also mean that the puppy cannot be shown?
    yes...you can not breed or show a dog on limited register.

    Essentially it is to try and stop breeding from "pet quality" dogs/bitches. The breeder can choose whatever register they want to put the puppies on. If breeder does not believe the puppies are good enough for showing/breeding...then they will choose limited register and really...those puppies should be desexed by the age of 6 months.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Makes perfect sense to me, thanks Cleas and Anne!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuasForever View Post
    A few of the breeders Dad's been chatting to talk about papers. I understand why there is limited/main registry, I just wanted to know if your pup has limited registry, does that mean after a certain amount of time you lose the papers?
    If you understand WHY there is a limited register and a main register, why are you asking the question then?

    So I ask, why?

  6. #6

    Default

    Because I was confused if limited meant you eventually relinquished them. I know it's there to stop breeding I was just confused about the paperwork.

  7. #7

    Default

    Also limited registration wont stop you from going into sporting events like agility etc and getting titles if thats what you like.

  8. #8

    Default

    A dog can be changed form main to limit register upon request of the owner. But to upgrade one from Limit up to main means the owner and breeder have to both agree to it and it must be approved by the governing body. This could happen for instance if a dog had an incorrect mouth alignment that unexpectedly corrected with age.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nattylou View Post
    A dog can be changed form main to limit register upon request of the owner. But to upgrade one from Limit up to main means the owner and breeder have to both agree to it and it must be approved by the governing body. This could happen for instance if a dog had an incorrect mouth alignment that unexpectedly corrected with age.
    In NSW...this is not correct. The breeder must co-sign the Main to Limited transfer form...the transfer fees are to be paid by owners.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •