Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 150

Thread: When is It Too Far?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Ok guys let me clear this up. Roly wears a coat in Winter to keep him warm. NO problem with that.
    Dressing a dog up for fun or special occasions, NO problem with that.
    But there are websites where you can buy shoes, shorts, jackets, jumpsuits, pyjamas, robes, hats and sunglasses. The people that dress their dog up everyday.
    THATS what I have a problem with.
    How is this ok? It might be small, it might be cute, but it wants to be a dog as much as a Lab, a Kelpie or a German Shepherd.
    Thanks Myf that explained my opinion on the matter PERFECTLY

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Myf that is definatly taking it too far imo, just because the dogs small doesn't make it a toy. While I do dress Griffy occationally (a couple of times a year) he's still definatly a dog.
    Last edited by Bordeaux; 01-13-2010 at 10:46 AM.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bordeaux View Post
    Myf that is definatly taking it too far imo, just because the dogs small doesn't make it a toy. While I do dress Griffy occationally (a couple of times a year) he's still definatly a dog.
    and a handsome one too

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    The clothes Myf posted is what these people dressed their 'children' as..There was one who had four, and every night they'd wear pajamas, get told off if they didn't run to the bathroom to do their teeth, they all slept in seperate cribs and she called them the quadruplets...

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Ok I can't take it anymore.
    I am sick of hearing about how special Staffys are. How different they are to every other breed. How we don't understand because we don't own a Staffy.
    Im gonna let you in on a little secret. They arn't as individual as you think they are!
    Most dogs thrive on human attention. Everyone here loves their chosen breed as much as you love yours.
    I've worked with enough SBT to have a pretty good idea.

    Well the breed that i have had in the past arnt as emotionally bonded to humans as my SBT's are, nor have those breeds thrived on my attention as much as my STB's do.

    GSD... lovely boy, died at 14 yrs old.

    Silkie... only lived to 16 weeks old, died from being ran over accidentally.

    Blue Cattle... never again tho, that dog was a nasty vicious critter & was like that from the day we adopted him, had him PTS after he attacked my 11 yr old daughter

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    I think so too Cleasanta He came second in a best dressed comp in that get up, would have one if my OH had have dressed to match (the vote was 2 to 1)

    Thats crazy Dgp

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bordeaux View Post
    I think so too Cleasanta He came second in a best dressed comp in that get up, would have one if my OH had have dressed to match (the vote was 2 to 1)

    Thats crazy Dgp
    I love DDB and desperately wanted one after our Rottweiler. I have had spinal surgery and hubby said...maybe it is better with a "slightly" smaller breed this time due to your condition and I eventually gave in.

    I think DDB are absolutely gorgeous and I would take the drool any day of the week! I have seen some BEAUTIFUL ones at some All Breeds Shows...WOW!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    199

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Bordeaux View Post
    I have to admit I have from time to time dressed Griffen up for my own amusment


    I love this photos!!! he looks like such a happy chappie in his Hawaiian shirt

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    I have to say that my blue cattle dog x seeks out human company just as much as my brother's staffordshire bull terrier. I think as so many people say - you can't judge the whole breed by the actions of one or two, or their owners - good or bad. Now if you'd had several thousand different cattle dogs and they'd all been savage critters - I think you could call it a bad vicious breed but you can't say that based on the actions of just one.

    Personally one of the nastiest dogs in terms of unrelenting full tooth attack - I've ever met - is a whippet. And the one that frequently drew blood on me - and I fully deserved it every time - was our family aussie terrier.

    As far as dressing a dog up like a barbie doll - I wonder why the RSPCA allows decorative impractical uncomfortable dog clothes to be sold and used but would ban prong collars or remote training collars?

    Then again how the dog feels about it really - if Frosty had her way - she'd never ever wear a lead and we'd never go for walks. Maybe she thinks we can teleport to the local exercise parks. And she'd be allowed to chew my ugg boots into pillow stuffing.

    And we would not have gone to the vet for her vaccination today either. After all stabbing a dog with a needle is just cruel. Especially if they have to walk along a very busy road to get in the Vet Door (that was actually the bit that Frosty hated the most).

    Pretty sure I know what Frosty would do if I put her in an outfit like that terrier's. She'd rip it to pieces and enjoy doing so.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    I have to say that my blue cattle dog x seeks out human company just as much as my brother's staffordshire bull terrier. I think as so many people say - you can't judge the whole breed by the actions of one or two, or their owners - good or bad. Now if you'd had several thousand different cattle dogs and they'd all been savage critters - I think you could call it a bad vicious breed but you can't say that based on the actions of just one.

    Personally one of the nastiest dogs in terms of unrelenting full tooth attack - I've ever met - is a whippet. And the one that frequently drew blood on me - and I fully deserved it every time - was our family aussie terrier.

    As far as dressing a dog up like a barbie doll - I wonder why the RSPCA allows decorative impractical uncomfortable dog clothes to be sold and used but would ban prong collars or remote training collars?

    Then again how the dog feels about it really - if Frosty had her way - she'd never ever wear a lead and we'd never go for walks. Maybe she thinks we can teleport to the local exercise parks. And she'd be allowed to chew my ugg boots into pillow stuffing.

    And we would not have gone to the vet for her vaccination today either. After all stabbing a dog with a needle is just cruel. Especially if they have to walk along a very busy road to get in the Vet Door (that was actually the bit that Frosty hated the most).

    Pretty sure I know what Frosty would do if I put her in an outfit like that terrier's. She'd rip it to pieces and enjoy doing so.
    Now...THERE is some food for thought!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •