Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 150

Thread: When is It Too Far?

  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    I never said you can't LOVE a dog like its a child, don't TREAT it likes its a child.

    Are you saying the two ways of loving a dog is either to dress it up, or to treat it like garbage?
    People dressing up dogs are not loving it or making it happy, they are making themselves feel happy.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  2. #92

    Default

    My dogs are outside today because the weather is good. They've been inside for 3 days to stay cool... now they are booted out like dogs

    I love them nearly as much as my kids though.. they certainly annoy me less than the kids


    wait up.. maybe I'll put the kids out and let the dogs back in......

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    My dogs are outside today because the weather is good. They've been inside for 3 days to stay cool... now they are booted out like dogs

    I love them nearly as much as my kids though.. they certainly annoy me less than the kids


    wait up.. maybe I'll put the kids out and let the dogs back in......
    lmao

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    People dressing up dogs are not loving it or making it happy, they are making themselves feel happy.
    well I dress mine up to keep them warm in winter when we go out.. might as well dress them up in something trendy while I'm at it

    Olllie has an Ali-G tracksuit and Miley has a pink coat with white fluffy collar.. it's her Paris Hilton do.. Ollie likes the Paris outfit much better though

    Other than that.. I don't play dress ups with them.

    Nail painting? Come on!!! Seriously... too much
    Last edited by puggerup; 01-13-2010 at 09:50 AM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    I never said you can't LOVE a dog like its a child, don't TREAT it likes its a child.

    Are you saying the two ways of loving a dog is either to dress it up, or to treat it like garbage?
    of course not...all I am saying is...people treat dogs the way they "believe" it should be treated. That some people go "over the top"...I also agree on, but that is "over the top" in my opinion, but not theirs.

    Is it harmful for the dog if people say....come here mummy's little boy? Or that they carry the pooch around in a handbag and take them everywhere with them?

    People talk about treating dogs as a child? What exactly are you talking about here? How are they being treated like "a child"? What behaviours are acceptable and what are not regarding this whole "child treament" issue?

    As for adding chemicals to the dogs systems by using nail polish...hair spray...perfume etc. Well...just have a look at commercial dog foods and they will get plenty from that. People still feed them that garbage.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    I reckon dressing a dog up for safety and health reasons (ie. in winter time so they dont get frostbite or whateever) is the way to go. Though Dora can be the perfect Paris Hilton dog I would never dress her up purely for the decorational purposes.
    When I move out and get a 9-5 job I'm probably gonna get another dog for Dora to hang with when I'm gone. Though this time, I'd get it from a shelter (oops, off topic)
    Last edited by Masha; 01-13-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    I have to admit I have from time to time dressed Griffen up for my own amusment

    But to say I dont love him because I do it is a bit extream. He loves the attention he gets while I'm doing it. Also on the rare time's I've taken him out with his clothes on people come up and pat him thinking his cute instead of crossing the road.

    I have know people who take it too far, I would never dress him up every day or in hot weather or if he's not interested.

    I just see it as a different kind of bonding time.

    He doesn't look to worried about it to me


  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Ok guys let me clear this up. Roly wears a coat in Winter to keep him warm. NO problem with that.
    Dressing a dog up for fun or special occasions, NO problem with that.
    But there are websites where you can buy shoes, shorts, jackets, jumpsuits, pyjamas, robes, hats and sunglasses. The people that dress their dog up everyday.
    THATS what I have a problem with.
    How is this ok? It might be small, it might be cute, but it wants to be a dog as much as a Lab, a Kelpie or a German Shepherd.
    Education not Legislation

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Ok guys let me clear this up. Roly wears a coat in Winter to keep him warm. NO problem with that.
    Dressing a dog up for fun or special occasions, NO problem with that.
    But there are websites where you can buy shoes, shorts, jackets, jumpsuits, pyjamas, robes, hats and sunglasses. The people that dress their dog up everyday.
    THATS what I have a problem with.
    How is this ok? It might be small, it might be cute, but it wants to be a dog as much as a Lab, a Kelpie or a German Shepherd.
    ok...THAT...is over the top for me!

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    199

    Default

    This is an interesting thread, i was having almost the same conversation with a stupid woman in a pet store the other day. our dog has a coat for cold and damp days, but only for walks, the rest of the time she lives inside and doesn't need a coat, she also has a t-shirt but that was from when we first got her and she had bald patches, fortunately the patches covered over but the vet recommended a soft covering to protect the patched from the sun.

    I do bath our dog about once a fortnight and have her professionally clipped about every 3 or 4 months, but i have never used purfume, powder or nail polish, just oatmeal shampoo and conditioner!

    In the pet shop this woman was buying basically a wardrobe for the dog, complete with a facinator and matching dress, Overalls, sailor suit and pajamas!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •