Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 189

Thread: Ban of Dogs/cats in Pet Shops

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Well, this is what I was saying - every aspect needs to be addressed IMO. Thing is, who is going to organise/pay for ads??
    A letter doesn't cost much

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    That is why we are here...to educate new members
    I wouldn't think JUST new ones.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Maybe we could make flyers and put them in letter boxes?
    Not stacked and stacked with info, but a little basic easy thing to read that gets to the point and a website they can go onto if they're interested.
    Education not Legislation

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Lots of ppl, Loren. And he was looking through eBay one night searching for a watch he said, and he clicked on pets, and there was the little darling. I guess the seller couldn't be bothered placing an ad in the paper, the twit. Neighbour said she was a twit, actually. Lol.
    I didn't think it was allowed to sell pets on Ebay?!?

  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Taken from the Dogs NSW Code of Ethics.

    9. A Member shall not:
    (a) sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers or retail pet dealers, who are not accredited by the Pet Industry Association of Australia Limited (PIAA).(05/05)


    Registered breeders CAN and DO sell their puppies to pet shops and it is endorsed by the state association.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Taken from the Dogs NSW Code of Ethics.

    9. A Member shall not:
    (a) sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers or retail pet dealers, who are not accredited by the Pet Industry Association of Australia Limited (PIAA).(05/05)


    Registered breeders CAN and DO sell their puppies to pet shops and it is endorsed by the state association.
    Oh dear, that's sad. They can and do. Very sad.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Maybe we could make flyers and put them in letter boxes?
    Not stacked and stacked with info, but a little basic easy thing to read that gets to the point and a website they can go onto if they're interested.
    Excellent idea Myf!

  8. #88
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Notice how they worded it though. They did their best to ensure it didn't stand out too mcuh.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Taken from the Dogs NSW Code of Ethics.

    9. A Member shall not:
    (a) sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers or retail pet dealers, who are not accredited by the Pet Industry Association of Australia Limited (PIAA).(05/05)


    Registered breeders CAN and DO sell their puppies to pet shops and it is endorsed by the state association.
    I take back my words!!!

    I guess most pet shop would be accredited by PIAA?!?

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleasanta View Post
    I take back my words!!!

    I guess most pet shop would be accredited by PIAA?!?
    Are they? Wouldn't guess Dorte. Would be interesting to know how many are and if there are many who aren't?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •