Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 409

Thread: What's Happened to Our Friendly Forum?

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymum View Post
    So being questioned about where you live and how many ppl are in your town is an acceptable question on a dog forum
    I chose to answer her, I did not have to. I guess I have had a fair bit of experience with other forums and realised that some can have no clue on some things. My beef is that so much is just black and white, no shades of grey allowed with hard held opinions.

  2. #242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malinois-72 View Post
    So long as its quick set!!! LMFAO!!!!
    But of course

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    to harden the **** up because we should be able to put up with being attacked and insulted on a daily basis without doing it in return.
    Daily basis ? Are you sure we are discussing the same forum here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Occy View Post
    There are lots of good discussions and debates that happen here. Let's hope the people who take part in those are not going to disappear because of this thread.
    I agree.
    Does not make me a subordinate.
    In fact I would of laid bets that she was put upto it to atagonise me when she first joined.


    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymum View Post
    FFS are you serious???? OR should I bring up some PM's???

    I think MOST agree on the same term about Occy...she's on her last thread here!
    I'm no fence sitter, nor will I hide behind a PM
    Now not only am I pissed and disgusted,I'm saddened that my intuition o fa persons ethics were so very wrong.
    I am not a fence sitter nor do I hide.
    I like you,I like Occy too,I was trying to make you feel better by trying to explain the person behind the keyboard.


    What I see now is a small group of people that are holding a hireachy over others.Trying to have the forum go only the way they want it to go. And that when things get a little heated,which they undoubtedly will as we are only human and to disagree is human nature. Then out come the I'm leaving threads....
    That is not a Forum that is a School Playground..



















    and that just might be my final word
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Final word? Yer right, Chop. lol.

  4. #244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by di_dee1 View Post
    final word? Yer right, chop. Lol.
    lol

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,583

    Default

    For some reason this discussion reminds me of "A fish called Wanda".

    Particularily this bit about how hard it is to be English (ie Polite and Considerate).

    Archie: You make me feel free.

    Wanda: Free?

    Archie: Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone "Are you married?"

    and hearing "My wife left me this morning,"

    or saying, uh, "Do you have children?" and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday.

    You see, Wanda, we'll all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know, we have these piles of corpses to dinner. But you're alive, God bless you, and I want to be, I'm so fed up with all this. I want to make love with you, Wanda. I'm a good lover - at least, used to be, back in the early 14th century. Can we go to bed?

    Wanda: Yeah.
    There's more insult competitions here:
    A Fish Called Wanda (1988) - Memorable quotes

    Being somewhat of an intellectual snob myself, and completely incapable of being considerate at all times (it all goes when I'm stressed), though even when I try, I sometimes fail anyway, so

    I thought Occy's clearly labelled PC incorrect comment was funny, but I forgot that Puggerup knows someone who could probably qualify for Special Olympics - so to her - it's not funny. If there was an Autistic Olympics we (Puggerup, Occy and myself) might all qualify. I guess it depends if you think qualifying for Special Olympics is a bad thing.

    There are similar things that set me off that lots of other people find funny too. And some things that are not-funny but I laugh anyway because the only alternative is to cry.

    I sometimes get called ****less, ****sexual and a bitch - and I say "You say that like it's a bad thing?" Interestingly it's no longer an insult to be called "nerd", "geek" or "weird". Or maybe I so own those labels I think they're compliments.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wodonga
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    WOW - the way people go on here you would think that I just spent my time having a go at people lol.

    Actually, if anyone bothered to read this thread through, they would see it went south when Mags decided to take a post made about someone else and make it all about her.

    I am not justifying myself to people who have judged me lock stock and barrel without meeting me.

  7. #247

    Default

    Both of you bugga off




    oooohhhhhh this one dont count! Cause you's two made me do it!
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,583

    Default

    Faster Chop faster...

    Are we there yet? Are we there yet?







    Are we there yet?

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    I did not like the special olympics comment either but did take it the way I think was meant. My son qualified for disability pension today.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wodonga
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    For some reason this discussion reminds me of "A fish called Wanda".

    Particularily this bit about how hard it is to be English (ie Polite and Considerate).


    There's more insult competitions here:
    A Fish Called Wanda (1988) - Memorable quotes

    Being somewhat of an intellectual snob myself, and completely incapable of being considerate at all times (it all goes when I'm stressed), though even when I try, I sometimes fail anyway, so

    I thought Occy's clearly labelled PC incorrect comment was funny, but I forgot that Puggerup knows someone who could probably qualify for Special Olympics - so to her - it's not funny. If there was an Autistic Olympics we (Puggerup, Occy and myself) might all qualify. I guess it depends if you think qualifying for Special Olympics is a bad thing.

    There are similar things that set me off that lots of other people find funny too. And some things that are not-funny but I laugh anyway because the only alternative is to cry.

    I sometimes get called ****less, ****sexual and a bitch - and I say "You say that like it's a bad thing?" Interestingly it's no longer an insult to be called "nerd", "geek" or "weird". Or maybe I so own those labels I think they're compliments.
    I have a friend whose daughter is severely disabled. Some of the kids I teach have varying disabilities. I was at uni with a man I was very much enamoured with who was wheelchair bound and who had spacicity but was incredibly clever. I worked at a rehab hospital where we had an ABI ward - where I found a girl I had gone to school with. The fact is, I know all of this, I know these people and I still found it funny. It was correctly labelled and no matter what I had written the reaction was disgraceful. So many other ways to say things than just to swear.

    I don't think I am autistic - I just think I see things on a different level. Things become clear to me before they become clear to other people so I too often end up in an "I told you so" situation.

    Im a future thinker and often I wonder why not everyone else can see as far as me - not THE SAME mind you - just as far.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •