Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: New Dog Attack Report - Fingers Pointed at APBT Again

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SE QLD
    Posts
    845

    Default

    All sounds unreal to me. Of course, Hugh Worthless would have to have his say. I would imagine that if a dog would "lock on" to someones hand for 20 minutes there would be a lot more damage. The whole story doesn't ring true.......
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malinois-72 View Post
    Hi there, just joined & was looking through the forums & noticed this one. Ok, the media is full of B/S but lets face it, it probably was a pittie or at least a cross I have owned & bred pit bulls for about ten years but no longer. Gave up on them about five years ago now, why? I honestly do not see why anyone needs to own a dog bred for killing other dogs, anyone going to argue that? I also know of a woman who through her own silly fault tried to break up two male pitties who both got hold of her arm. The end result was 9 hours micro surgery in westmead hospital including skin grafts along with tendon & vein taken from her leg to save the arm which they were considering amputating. I have since worked at a training centre in Sydney & learnt & seen the control & true intelligence of a dog with brains. The owners of pit bulls always throw up the "condem the deed, not the breed" yet seem to forget that the breed wants to do the deed more than anything else! I love dogs, have done all my life yet I do not see the need for this breed to exist. I guess I will get bagged out for this, which is what I expect, but I know I"m right. After training all breeds for more than ten years, the only thing a pit bull can do better than other breeds is fight, again, the point of owning one is????
    I am not going to bag you out , I am simply going to state that I do not agree with you.

    May I ask what lines you had , out of sheer curiousity and love for my breed ?

    I so am going to get a whacking thong as my avatar,yours needs dead set squishing .
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malinois-72 View Post
    I honestly do not see why anyone needs to own a dog bred for killing other dogs, anyone going to argue that?

    ... the only thing a pit bull can do better than other breeds is fight, again, the point of owning one is????
    Sounds good in thoery but where does it leave other breeds with a fighting anscestory? Just because it's older does it count less? Some breeds like British Bulldogs were largely developed for work in fighting pits, as well as bull baiting. If folks had given up on them because of that only the dog world would be a lesser place. Their breed has been developed from a vicious, fighting beginning into a genuine family pet and companion through care and selective breeding by resposible people.

    From: british bulldog

    baiting and dog fighting were outlawed in England in 1835. From that day, Bulldog owners began selective breeding to eliminate the aggressive elements of the breed and establish a good natured, yet still determined family pet being bred for their companionship, loyalty.

    And yes, the d**kheads who like dog fighting moved on from them as the breed evolved away from it's early capacity for violence.

  4. #14

    Default

    Plus we've all seen the public's ability to identify dog breeds...

    I've seen everything from kelpie x staffies to mastiff X pigdog types to lab crossess to purebred bull terriers identified as pitbulls.

    People have no idea.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppaChop View Post
    I am not going to bag you out , I am simply going to state that I do not agree with you.

    May I ask what lines you had , out of sheer curiousity and love for my breed ?

    I so am going to get a whacking thong as my avatar,yours needs dead set squishing .
    Fair enough, I did mean to offend you & I am sorry if I have. Colby & Jeep.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nattylou View Post
    Sounds good in thoery but where does it leave other breeds with a fighting anscestory? Just because it's older does it count less? Some breeds like British Bulldogs were largely developed for work in fighting pits, as well as bull baiting. If folks had given up on them because of that only the dog world would be a lesser place. Their breed has been developed from a vicious, fighting beginning into a genuine family pet and companion through care and selective breeding by resposible people.

    From: british bulldog

    baiting and dog fighting were outlawed in England in 1835. From that day, Bulldog owners began selective breeding to eliminate the aggressive elements of the breed and establish a good natured, yet still determined family pet being bred for their companionship, loyalty.

    And yes, the d**kheads who like dog fighting moved on from them as the breed evolved away from it's early capacity for violence.
    I agree, I just have not seen one that was stable enough to undertake a breeding program such as the one you suggest.

  7. #17

    Default

    Good lord....*head desk* *head desk*
    Once more *head desk*

    This is Hugh Worthless in the live chat ;

    Comment From Matthew]
    So what happens to all the dogs that generally fall under the "pit-bull" category? Such as AmStaffs, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Bulldogs and the like? How do you determine what a pit bull is? Is it just registered APBT's?

    2:20 Matthew

    They are all considered to be APBTs and are treated as such. There is a special committee set up to appraise those dogs which owners claim are not APBTs
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

  8. #18

    Default

    Exit stage right!

    2:46 [Comment From kim]
    Dr Wirth i thought the RSPCA was supposed to care for all animals great and small....i would hate to see the fate of 1 of my dogs if they fell into ur hands....even though my dogs havnt done anything wrong

    2:48 Thanks for your many questions and comments. That's all for today.

    Hugh Wirth
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I've just heard the same dog was responsible for killing a cat and attacking a childs J/R T while she was out walking it.

    Malinois 72, agree with what you have said about the breed and I am surprized you didn't cop a verbal bashing for it as I did when I spoke up on another PB topic within the forum. Maybe you have been forgiven because you owned the breed at one stage. LOL

    Regardless of breed I am very sad what's happened happened because it reflects on ALL dog owners and give credence to those who want to see many breeds banished. Such a pity it's a fair percentage of the PB owning idiots out there we can thank for that.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malinois-72 View Post
    I agree, I just have not seen one that was stable enough to undertake a breeding program such as the one you suggest.
    Are you saying that in the 10 years you owned APBT's that you did not once have a stable individual in your yard?

    I apologise if I have misunderstood your comment , but need that clarified for me.
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •