Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: One Dog or Two?

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Ok, so why do you want to breed your dog?
    I can almost garantee your dog isn't at responisble breeding standard, with out even knowing anything about him or seeing him.
    You have made an assumption based on nothing. As a new person to this forum to be attacked straight out after my first post gives me the perception that the users on here are simply know it all's. Opinions are just that, opinions.

    One, you know nothing about me.
    Two you know nothing about my dog nor his breeding nor his quality.
    I can guarantee that I am a responsible owner and my dog is of the highest quality. I don't wish to have a Heinz variety from the pound. Also if others do not care about their pets the onus should not be put on me to take care of them. In saying that, I am all for owners to have to obtain a pet licence before they can actually have a pet.

    To get back to where I started do I purchase another Westy for him as a playmate or do I get him to stand over another Westy to obtain a playmate?

    The reason I would breed him is simple, my Dog's bloodline is one of the top blood lines and I have had already had requests via his breeder for him to be a sire when he is old enough. For his fee I can either take the money or I can have a pup from the litter.

    To add if I knew what the response would be like from the "Though Police" I would have never registered or posted.

    Cheers

  2. #12

    Default

    Culprit Your asking the question should you take the money for stud or have a pup? From what you say your dog is of good lines papered and the breeder wants to use for stud.
    IMO i don't know much about that breed, But if you chose to take on another pup are you ready to have two dogs. Sorry i couldn't help more
    ETA hello and welcome

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by four socks View Post
    Culprit Your asking the question should you take the money for stud or have a pup? From what you say your dog is of good lines papered and the breeder wants to use for stud.
    IMO i don't know much about that breed, But if you chose to take on another pup are you ready to have two dogs. Sorry i couldn't help more
    ETA hello and welcome
    My girlfriend and I are ready to have two dogs. It took us two years of discussions with the breeder who helped us understand the breed better and prepare us to be owners and is a great help. Once the litter arrived and we picked him we were there every week until we were allowed to take him home. We see the breeder regularly whom we have become good friends with and he gets to visit his family so to speak.

    I have always had dogs and for the past six years have not had one since my divorce. My ex wife put down my dog knowing it would hurt me which it did. I was shattered for a long time.

    My girlfriend who cannot have children and only had dogs when she was younger finally came around to the pet idea after we purchased our house and we are home more as traveling now is limited due to a mortgage. What was put to me and how I felt about it is why I posted.

    Cheers

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by culprit View Post
    You have made an assumption based on nothing. As a new person to this forum to be attacked straight out after my first post gives me the perception that the users on here are simply know it all's. Opinions are just that, opinions.

    One, you know nothing about me.
    Two you know nothing about my dog nor his breeding nor his quality.
    I can guarantee that I am a responsible owner and my dog is of the highest quality. I don't wish to have a Heinz variety from the pound. Also if others do not care about their pets the onus should not be put on me to take care of them. In saying that, I am all for owners to have to obtain a pet licence before they can actually have a pet.

    To get back to where I started do I purchase another Westy for him as a playmate or do I get him to stand over another Westy to obtain a playmate?

    The reason I would breed him is simple, my Dog's bloodline is one of the top blood lines and I have had already had requests via his breeder for him to be a sire when he is old enough. For his fee I can either take the money or I can have a pup from the litter.

    To add if I knew what the response would be like from the "Though Police" I would have never registered or posted.

    Cheers
    If it wasn't your first post, it would have been your second, or third, or fouth etc. It doesn't matter which number this post was, we all would have said the same thing. We are not know it alls, but we all have very strong opinions on shelter/breeding all that stuff. From the the person who is often given the task of putting these puppies and dogs down, I have reason to be maybe a little aggressive.

    There is a difference between a responsible owner and a responsible breeder. I have no doubt you are a responsible owner, but as a breeder...

    You didn't answer my question, why do you want to breed him?
    Last edited by aussiemyf7; 09-29-2009 at 11:08 AM.
    Education not Legislation

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    692

    Default

    I agree with aussiemyf7 - you might be a responsible owner, but do you have all the correct knowledge about dog breeding? What is going to happen to the other pups once you have chosen the one you want? What happens later down the track when you reach the decision that you want a third dog? (trust me, it happens. we had one dog, swore to ourself we wouldn't get anymore, within 6 months we had another 2).

    Do the responsible thing and rescue a poor dog from being killed instead of adding to their number.
    <a href=http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s318/oxxallyxxo/3-2.jpg target=_blank>http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...llyxxo/3-2.jpg</a>

    If I Just Lay Here, Would You Lay With Me And Just Forget The World?

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    If it wasn't your first post, it would have been your second, or third, or fouth etc. It doesn't matter which number this post was, we all would have said the same thing. We are not know it alls, but we all have very strong opinions on shelter/breeding all that stuff. From the the person who is often given the task of putting these puppies and dogs down, I have reason to be maybe a little aggressive.

    There is a difference between a responsible owner and a responsible breeder. I have no doubt you are a responsible owner, but as a breeder...

    You didn't answer my question, why do you want to breed him?
    I love this "We". Must be a very lonely life you have. Not all dogs that are bred go to people that don't want them but you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better when you put them down.

    Also I never said I was a breeder. I have noticed from your ranting that you all you do is make assumption after assumption. I stated my query numerous times and all you can do is stand on your high horse and preach. Thank goodness someone actually read my post and replied in a sane manner as I was starting to worry if there was actual normal people on this forum.

    I don't mind a good argument but can you please lift your intellectual level a bit higher so I can receive some mental stimulus.

    As far as your question read my posts which you obviously have not done.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wodonga
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by culprit View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have a Westy male pup who is six months old. I am wondering should I get another so he can have a play mate when we are not at home. I was thinking of waiting till he is 20 months to two years and stand him and take one of the pups as his fee. Or should I buy one now and not wait?

    I have had plenty of dogs but never had a Westy and it's been fun, battle of wills etc. We have fallen in love with the breed.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    I think it might be a good idea for you to get a desexed female now as a companion for your boy.

    Perhaps contact a breeder and seek a failed show dog or an ex show dog?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Im done.
    I'll save my ranting for someone who will take notice.

    Some peoples minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanately set.

    Good luck.
    Education not Legislation

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Newtown, NSW
    Posts
    58

    Default

    quote from Culprit 'I don't wish to have a Heinz variety from the pound'.
    Just because a dog is at the pound doesn't mean its a Heinz variety!!! My staffy is from the pound, he's purebred, and from looking at ads for staffy puppies these days they can range from over $1000 each. I understand that people want a pup or a 'purebred' dog these days, but honestly you can pretty much find whatever breed you want at a shelter and / or pound and at a lower cost if you look around. Just because they're from a shelter or pound doesn't mean they are infested or sick or less of a dog than any other dog from a breeder (most of these dogs would probably come from a breeder in the first place and just end up going to bad homes - hence ending up in the pound).

  10. #20

    Default

    I have been reading that a study should that 30% of the pounds dog intake, are purebreed!
    Last edited by Paw-Sha; 10-01-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •