Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 258

Thread: What is Your Favorite Dog Breed?

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Here we go again, is there any post i cant make comment on without you telling me how it works.
    Nothing personal Peter. I'm posting my opinion on what's being said in the thread. It's nothing against you.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    I was merely expressing my opinion, just as you are expressing yours. I would rather see a 'designer dog' from a shelter get a new home than yet more be bred.
    Yes ok fair enough, its just never ending.
    What about the facts then? You heavily criticised a show for providing no facts. Yet you offer none to support this claim even when asked?

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Yes ok fair enough, its just never ending.
    What about the facts then? You heavily criticised a show for providing no facts. Yet you offer none to support this claim even when asked?
    Sorry about that I completely missed that one! I didn't actually say it had no facts (not to nitpick or anything) I said that it was highly sensationalised and because it was british it was relatively inaccurate (meaning to Australians) because of that. If they had just listed the facts the show would have been very boring, had no ratings and wouldn't have had the perception backlash it did. So they used highly emotive cases and showed these, but they didn't show the other side of the coin - they didn't show the healthy happy animals, the amount of testing and planning that goes into a lot of breeders' litters. That annoyed me.

    I'm not a breeder, nor am I affiliated with any breeders. (Feeling like I have to justify my answers atm!)

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardking1987 View Post
    Labs,Schnauzers,puglier,maltalier,

    I dont wanna start anything here but i reckon any purbreed is outdated purebreeds just dont fit into the modern world and after seeing the abc program i hate all purebreed dogs and really like designer dogs this is just my opinion dont get all your hair in a frizzle.

    I have a female 3 yr old black lab named layla but i regret getting a purebreed and wish it would fizzle out and people would start breeding for hybrid health and temprement.
    Hi Lizardking, why do you say you are sorry for getting a black Lab, what are the problems that you are having with it?? Our girl has black lab in her and apart from being a little naughty (she is only 11 months old) she has a wonderful nature and is so loving and gives so much, but then she is only 1/4 black lab, the rest is Golden Retriever, Kelpie and Collie, quite a mixture, before everyone jumps she was not bought from any back yard or pet shop, it was an accidental union on a farm where the animals are much loved and a lot of effort put into finding good homes for the surviving pups. I was just wondering what your problem was. Good luck with her.

    Cheers

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Please why does everyone have to criticise others choices, right or wrong its thier choice?
    Thanks Peter mate i think everyones entitled to there opinion, My mother use to be around the show ring circut and her opinion and the majority of non purebreed breeders is that they breed for flat out looks and akc standards which far outdated. We shouldnt be breeding for standards before standards come in which is actually a new thing they bred for temprament and job which is exactly what they should be doing now and they are with good credited designer dog breeders dogs for the modern world and thats just my opinion im defiently not attacking anyone. But i know how fiesty you purebreed breeders are no offense please

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardking1987 View Post
    Thanks Peter mate i think everyones entitled to there opinion, My mother use to be around the show ring circut and her opinion and the majority of non purebreed breeders is that they breed for flat out looks and akc standards which far outdated. We shouldnt be breeding for standards before standards come in which is actually a new thing they bred for temprament and job which is exactly what they should be doing now and they are with good credited designer dog breeders dogs for the modern world and thats just my opinion im defiently not attacking anyone. But i know how fiesty you purebreed breeders are no offense please
    While I may not agree with you, it's nice to have a different point of view on the forum.

    Welcome.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I'm not a breeder, nor am I affiliated with any breeders. (Feeling like I have to justify my answers atm!)[/QUOTE]

    Defiently dont justifie your answers you have a brain you have an opinion no harshness from me sorry

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneygotpierced View Post
    While I may not agree with you, it's nice to have a different point of view on the forum.

    Welcome.
    Thanks alot

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardking1987 View Post
    I'm not a breeder, nor am I affiliated with any breeders. (Feeling like I have to justify my answers atm!)
    Defiently dont justifie your answers you have a brain you have an opinion no harshness from me sorry
    I love all dogs, doesn't matter what shape, size, purpose or breed. Admittedly there are some that I wouldn't own, and Designer Dogs are highest on that list because they aren't tested for anything (what would they test for?), they aren't temperment tested and the sire and dam's are used to pump out puppies and bring in a big income. They are labelled 'Designer" to bring in bigger dollars, same with the Snoodle, Moodle, Oodle Doodle names that they are given, it is purely a marketing idea to earn people more money. Of course you're going to have very popular cross breed puppies if you state they are a Designer Dog Breed based on the mix of Poodle and Maltese (example only) designed to create a small, low shedding breed suitable for anyone to carry around with them everywhere. If you state "I bred my next door neighbours poodle with my maltese and now I want to sell the Poodle cross Maltese puppies" which advertisement will a) bring in more money per puppy and b) create more demand so you can do it again?

    Again this is my opinion, but I'm sick of hearing designer this, designer that. I have a cross breed myself, who just happened to be a poundie that needed a chance at life, and that suits me perfectly, I just want a rough and tumble, smart, happy dog. I have nothing against any cross breed at all (I do however have a big problem with those that breed Designer Dogs), and I believe that pure bred, pedigreed dogs have their place in society "outdated" or not. Are you aware that manners and courtesy are now considered "outdated" too? Does that mean that you are now going to be rude to everyone just to 'keep up with the Jones's'?

    Another issue I have are these so called papers that the DD's get sold with. Papers are not a vaccination certificate, neither are they a document that says "Fido" mated with "Milly" resulting in "puppy's name". They are not even something that you can just print out on your home computer!

    Does my opinion of Designer Dogs make more sense?

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I dont agree with you at all. Don Burke who is a lover of animals and no's animals very much sees designer gogs are the dogs of the future for the modern world it's inevitable that they will takeover and that crap that you said about not temprement tested is crap!!!!!. Tho i'm not saying all designer breeders are doing the right thing just like purebreed breeders arnt doing the right thing. I would never by a dog from a pet shop but there are some really fantastic breeders out there of designer dogs who breed for temrement and health then looks. Theres alot of psycho purebreed breeders out there who breed seriously damaged animals and then put those animals to stud very cruel and theres alot of them out there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •