View Poll Results: Your immediate thoughts /response to hearing the words Pit Bulls .

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Media experience.

    18 26.87%
  • Research/Media experience.

    13 19.40%
  • Friends/Family experience

    8 11.94%
  • Personal experience.

    28 41.79%
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 225

Thread: The Words Pit Bull

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    PMSL@ Mal.

    You thought Cleas meant you??????????? Nah, if anything she was further agreeing with your opinion. Well, that's how I read it.

    Why do you put a muzzle on your boy, Mal?

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    PMSL@ Mal.

    You thought Cleas meant you??????????? Nah, if anything she was further agreeing with your opinion. Well, that's how I read it.

    Why do you put a muzzle on your boy, Mal?
    He was imported, I got him at about 18 months old. Very dog aggressive, tried ALMOST every trick I know yet he wont back down His muzzle is very good though, $600 from Belgium, same as the police over there use.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Ah, I see. Yes, I'd muzzle him too under those circumstances.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    809

    Default

    When I hear Pit Bull, I think victim of the Media and the RSPCA

    As an owner of a Rottie, I know only to well how the Media can change public opinion of any breed.
    Chloe & Zorro
    Rottweilers and German Shepherds are Family

  5. #205
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    When I hear Pit Bull, I think victim of the Media and the RSPCA

    As an owner of a Rottie, I know only to well how the Media can change public opinion of any breed.
    Exactly.
    Any big breed that can do damage are victims.
    Why don't we hear abou those vicous JRT's and Chihuahuas? Because when they do attack, it doesn't make as much of an impact as when a Rotti, GSD or PB attack.
    Its all the size, not the breed.
    Education not Legislation

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Well not trying to upset anyone here but i personally have very little love for the breed. Most of the ones i have come across have been owned by absolute tools who are worried about nothing more than how tough there dog is. I have seen so few good ones and i'm not saying they dont exist it.
    I dont know whether this was asked earlier but can anyone tell me why they get such a bad rap, surely this isn't just a case of the media randomly picking a breed and going after it? Are there breeds that have been involved in a higher no. of instances and if so why aren't they targeted?

  7. #207
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    I think it works on a cycle actually peter. Tough image, tough people think they need the image, the image gets tougher, the people get tougher. I am not neccessarily using the word 'tough' in the literal sense.

    Trends are built on image. The image of the PB is one of being a tough dog and the media build on this image, even exaggerate it.

    It is why the posts on here with offensive slogans about PBs make me cringe. It simply supports the bogan argument.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Well not trying to upset anyone here but i personally have very little love for the breed. Most of the ones i have come across have been owned by absolute tools who are worried about nothing more than how tough there dog is. I have seen so few good ones and i'm not saying they dont exist it.
    I dont know whether this was asked earlier but can anyone tell me why they get such a bad rap, surely this isn't just a case of the media randomly picking a breed and going after it? Are there breeds that have been involved in a higher no. of instances and if so why aren't they targeted?
    It's Irresponsible owners that are and have always been the problem.

    The Media, RSPCA and all the so called dog experts blame the breed for the actions of Individuals and this is why BSL is so wrong.

    Another problem is people believe what they read in newspapers, not long ago one paper claimed the GSD was the most dangerous dog in NSW because 63 people were bitten by them in one year.

    What this paper didn't say was there are 37,500 registered GSD's and thats not counting cross breeds. As these so called experts have never owned these breeds, how the hell do they know what their like.
    Chloe & Zorro
    Rottweilers and German Shepherds are Family

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Here Peter, this is my most favourite website
    The Truth About Pitbulls
    Education not Legislation

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kewarra Beach, Cairns
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    It's Irresponsible owners that are and have always been the problem.

    The Media, RSPCA and all the so called dog experts blame the breed for the actions of Individuals and this is why BSL is so wrong.

    Another problem is people believe what they read in newspapers, not long ago one paper claimed the GSD was the most dangerous dog in NSW because 63 people were bitten by them in one year.

    What this paper didn't say was there are 37,500 registered GSD's and thats not counting cross breeds. As these so called experts have never owned these breeds, how the hell do they know what their like.
    Well said! the last sentence in particular. How can ANYONE defend a breed they have never owned????? All the articles & websites in the world do not mean **** in the real world!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •