Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Printing paw prints

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VIC
    Posts
    2,789

    Default Printing paw prints

    (i wasn't quite sure where to put this thread so i just put it in general, feel free to move it)

    So I've been thinking a lot lately that i'd like to have a print of each of my pets paws (particularly Minky right now). But i'm not too keen on putting paint on their feet...

    Has anyone on here done this before? Do you reckon food dye would work on paper?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    shitney
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    i did jonahs paw print as a tattoo...

    i just got a stamp pad and put his paw on it then onto paper..... took a few goes cos he kept moving, but eventually got it......

    jsut remember to wipe the ink off his pads when youre done..... otherwise you get red paw prints all through the house.





    or so ive been told
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I love 2 things in this world. Spandex and reyzor... not necessarily in that order.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VIC
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    i did jonahs paw print as a tattoo...

    i just got a stamp pad and put his paw on it then onto paper..... took a few goes cos he kept moving, but eventually got it......

    jsut remember to wipe the ink off his pads when youre done..... otherwise you get red paw prints all through the house.





    or so ive been told
    Ah okay, i'm pretty sure i have a stamp pad around the house somewhere Did the ink wash off easily?

  4. #4

    Default

    A bit of soapy water should do the trick !

    Water based craft paint could also be an alternative to ink !

    Another way of doing it !

    Homemade Dog Paw Print Ornaments - Pet Coupon Savings

    Can't wait to see what you come up with !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VIC
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    A bit of soapy water should do the trick !

    Water based craft paint could also be an alternative to ink !

    Another way of doing it !

    Homemade Dog Paw Print Ornaments - Pet Coupon Savings

    Can't wait to see what you come up with !
    Yes i heard about the home made ornaments but i heard that after a while they can become mouldy and yucky... its a shame cause that would be lovely

    I couldn't find the ink pad so i tried some acrylic paint (non toxic of course) and i managed to get a couple of prints that resemble ferret paws, she was so wriggly it was very difficult

  6. #6

    Default

    Shame about it going mouldy !

    I have some lovely paw prints in concrete - not intended - pups couldn't help themselves and walked over it - before it set !

    Good Luck with your project !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VIC
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    Shame about it going mouldy !

    I have some lovely paw prints in concrete - not intended - pups couldn't help themselves and walked over it - before it set !

    Good Luck with your project !
    I almost had a similar thing happen many years ago, we had a large concrete area put in the backyard (we locked the dog up, this was back when we had Oscar our BC cross) but we didn't think about the old farm cat called Fluff... I looked out the window while the concrete was setting only to see Fluff casually walking along the still setting concrete Thankfully it had set enough to hold the weight of a cat!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    There are non toxic paints around. You can also make some out of ochre and water. Or even unfired clay... Or beetroot juice.

    I guess the easiest way would be to lay out a big piece of paper and a tray of paint, and call your dog through the paint and across the paper. It might be easiest to start with a tray of water if your dog avoids it, and train your dog to run across the tray of water and then onto the paper... I suspect my dog would learn very quickly in exchange for some Christmas ham.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    VIC
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    There are non toxic paints around. You can also make some out of ochre and water. Or even unfired clay... Or beetroot juice.

    I guess the easiest way would be to lay out a big piece of paper and a tray of paint, and call your dog through the paint and across the paper. It might be easiest to start with a tray of water if your dog avoids it, and train your dog to run across the tray of water and then onto the paper... I suspect my dog would learn very quickly in exchange for some Christmas ham.
    Thats a good idea for dogs! Koda would pick that up in no time, Dodge probably wouldn't cause if she see's food she just turns into a wiggly little puppy who ignores every word you say Either way, i'll definitely be keeping that one in mind!

  10. #10

    Default

    How about something like this !

    Sand Footprint Craft – Full DIY instructions!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •