Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Another lump <cry>

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Ah how horrible for you. I know exactly what it's like to be so worried about your pup and I feel for you. Please keep us posted and give hooch a big hug for us

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    near Sydney NSW
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Fingers & paws crossed that it's easily resolved

  3. #13

    Default

    Went to see specialist today. After waiting for over an hour she told us she cant help Hooch as she thinks he has panniculitis and to see a dermatologist. I just burst into tears... it is deteriorating rapidly. He is having a lesion where it is and he is in alot of pain. She gave him painkillers and rang the dermatologist to book us for 2 hours from now. So now we wait again. Hooch is not going too well, he is panting and crying. I rang the dermatologist and they said they squeezed us in and there is no way they can see us any earlier. That is in Murdoch vet hospital in Perth.
    I dont know what else to do.. if it is Panniculitis I hope they treat it straight away and not put him off because they squeezed us and have other pets to deal with. Will they need to operate? I dont know!! google is my worst enemy but what else can I do until then? Hooch is in the car refusing to go out.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Oh you poor thing . Thinking of you and Hooch, hope the poor boy feels better soon

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    near Sydney NSW
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Poor Hooch. What did the dermatologist say?

  6. #16

    Default

    god i am so tired
    dermatologist said she needs to biopsy it, she thinks it is panniculitis (inflammation of the deep fat tissue). problem is she doesnt know if it is auto immune or micro bacterial. she also said she will not take it out as it is too big and too close to other essential organs.

    if it is auto immune - need long term or life long steroid treatment (which will compromise his immune system and will take him down hill if the cause is micro bacterial).
    if it is micro bacterial - need aggressive antibiotics as the 3 he had did not work but if we treat it with antibiotics and it is auto immune it will take him downhill.
    so we have got to wait for cultures that can take up to 6 weeks to come back.
    problem is hooch has a huge lump that is growing rapidly and changing hourly and he has to stay with it untouched for a week before the preliminary results come back to give us an idea of whats causing it.
    she also needs to rule out cancer for sure.

    so she made 4 holes in my poor baby.. his whole groin area has stitches spread everywhere.
    she gave him pain meds but they dont seem to work as he has been crying and shivering all night.
    he ate abit this morning but he is not drinking so i mixed his food with some water, at least he gets fluids this way.

    i dont think we can wait a week for treatment. the lump causes him pain and is around 2 fists of mine big pushing his inner organs.
    he is on tramadol 50mg (1.5 pills twice a day), she also gave him pink pills to improve blood circulations to the lump.
    anyone has any idea how to reduce pain levels or make him more comfortable?

  7. #17

    Default

    Oh the poor little guy. It is just awful to see them suffering like that. The only suggestion I have is some sort of alternative therapy like Chinese medicine or acupuncture.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Oh I am so sorry for you and your poor boy, it must be really wrenching at your heart to hear him cry in pain. I think acupuncture is a great idea, can't think of anything myself I'm sorry. Thinking of you guys

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    se qld
    Posts
    836

  10. #20

    Default

    thank you everyone!
    our problem at the moment is that we dont know what it is. it could be cancer or panniculitis (sterile or infectious). any treatment we give him will negate the other conditions. if we treat for sterile pann. and its infectious we are lowering his immune system letting bacteria take over etc. it is so complicated.
    we have to wait for next week to get preliminary results before we have an inkling of what it could be and start treatment.
    saying that... this morning we were at the hospital again as his stitches are bright red. it is not infected but apparently inflamed. the inflammation is taking over, lump is getting bigger and we have to wait. we had another vet with a second opinion (he is a senior vet at murdoch vet hospital so i doubt we can get much better than that), he definitely said to wait but gave hooch some antibiotics to try to keep everything at bay eventhough it might not even be due to microbacteria. we are so helpless at the moment.
    increased his pain killers does and will hopefully contact us on monday with whatever results come in.
    my poor guy is eating and wagging his tail at times. we are spoiling him rotten. he is surrounded with toys new and old, he gets scratched on demand and basically has slaves on call to cater for his needs. including 2-6am house wandering and the odd play.
    chubbsecurity - i will read it!! probably tonight at 2am as it seems its hooch's favourite time of activity since he has gotten sick.

    thanks again everyone. i will keep you updated as we go.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •