last updated 4th June 2013 by Hyacinth with Morgan's agreement.
The forum owner, forum moderators and forum members do not take responsibility for tips or advice that do or don't work, they are simply suggestions or opinions. Please do your own follow up research or employ a professional to help make your own decision before following any suggestions.
- For new people - we recommend making a post in the "introduce yourselves" thread here
That gives us a clue about why you joined. This is especially important if you have joined from a non-Australian country or are using a VPN for privacy. We just need to know you're human and you're not using the forum to spam or boost your search engine ranking otherwise you may be banned to prevent spam.
- For new people - our spam filter will not let a post appear that contains links to other websites eg photos or email addresses. If you want to post photos or links in your first post - you need to put a space or two in the URL so it doesn't get made into a link and then hide your post. for example: ww w .dog forum.co m.au. It also helps if you make an intro post with no links in your first post / starting thread and then put the links in the second post (reply to your own post) - then the moderators are more likely to find it and approve your post with links.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. The Moderator's decision is final.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts (posting again in a thread that received no response from other members). For general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate vBulletin community standards. The vBulletin team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. details of Vbulletin T&C here: vBulletin Terms and Condidtions
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Any post that could be construed as defamatory may be edited or removed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
Advertising Rules (including spam)
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- Australians wishing to advertise their dog and pet related business in their signature - can so do if they put a link to http://www.dogforum.com.au on their web page first.
We will check the relevant web page and if we can't find the link we may remove the business signature.
(this rule was added on 4th June 2013)
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests without permission from a Moderator.
- Posts asking for money for anything will be deleted unless the member is well known in the forum community ie has made more than 100 posts.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant advertisements or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
- Posts and Threads which the moderators deem break the rules - will be removed or edited.
- Members with multiple usernames - will have the oldest user name banned.
- Anyone who wilfully or repeatedly violates the forum rules - may be banned, as membership to our forums is a privilege and not a right.
Reporting Breaches: Any member who notices a post or thread that they think breaks the rules can report it for a moderator to review - by clicking the ! in a triangle at the bottom of each post.
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
If you disagree with a Moderator's decision...take it up with Morgan via Private Messages (PM's) and keep it out of the public Forum please.