Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 179

Thread: This Guy is a Dead Set Toss Bag!!

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern NSW
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    He has amazing timing and knows dogs very naturally....to be able to do what he does in such a short period means he is good.

    I just find some of the things shown on TV, would be tried by people who do not really know dogs or have timing and it could all go to pot.

    I have met Cesar at his place when we were heavily involved with Parelli Natural Horsemanship, they did some shows together many years ago........Both are showmen, both are good at what they do. Cesar does really care for dogs and does a lot for rescue. More so then Pat Parelli, who is all about $$$'s.

    No matter how I feel about anything he is still amazing to see with his own dogs and totally feral dogs. I wish I was 1/2 as good
    Pets are forever

  2. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Lover View Post
    NO WAY!

    I was a stay at home mum for 3 years = Alot of tv time

    I have never, ever, even close seen him be as heavy handed as this guy! please prove me wrong if its possible but i honestly doubt you would be able to.

    I love him because of what he stands for, he has given so much of his life to rescue, training, breed preservation. He is a huge advocate for protection of pittbulls and puts a hell of alot of time and money into animals that should of been "Put Down"

    I may not follow ALL of his training techniques but i have taken some on board and you know they have ALL worked!

    When I see people saying they HATE him ect Really do my head in to ne honest.
    I don't hate CM, but his methods aren't my cup of tea.

    Do you not see how forcing a dog into submission by 'alpha rolling' it, is heavy handed? How is that less forceful than the guy in your OP that forces the dog into a drop?

    Have you not seen all the times CM has been bitten?



    Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post
    And I don't really agree with this? The worst I've seen him do is a slight tap on the side. He does not use choke chains. Instead swears by wearing the collar right under the chin and I frankly have never seen him yank on that collar. And I watched lots of episodes!
    He uses dominant dog collars. Do you know how they work? They are designed to air block dogs. I've also seen him use check chains before too.
    Last edited by Bec; 10-10-2011 at 02:05 PM.

  3. #133

    Default

    Watch some of the behind the scenes clips floating around the net... the REAL training does not get put in the actual show.
    Do you honestly believe he could train these dogs in 5 minutes flat using a few simple techniques, not fricken likely, there is a lot that gets left out, same as any show like that.

    He is doing a live show down here soon... you couldn't pay me to go watch it.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern NSW
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smeagle View Post
    I don't hate CM, but his methods aren't my cup of tea.

    Do you not thinking forcing a dog into submission by 'alpha rolling' it, is heavy handed? How is that less forceful than the guy in your OP that forces the dog into a drop?

    Have you not seen all the times CM has been bitten?





    He uses dominant dog collars. Do you know how they work? They are designed to air block dogs.
    I think the dogs he takes on are ignored or refused by a lot of trainers.
    Having had my own huge problem dog, I have been at the side where suddenly all these Positive reinforcement Super Trainers in both Sydney and Melbourne and here locally, just either ignored my pleas for help, told me to PTS the dog or refused to help. It was only the Cesar Milan style Trainer who was willing to help.....I could mange her myself and had her under control. but could not relax or be in any relaxed dog environment, until he helped me.
    I went and asked many of the best known R+ for help and I was willing to spend $$$'s....Only Scott Harris and Craig Murray, who were the first two P+ Behaviourists were willing to help.
    So hence I will never be a 100% believer in R+/P-.........
    Pets are forever

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern NSW
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crested_Love View Post
    Watch some of the behind the scenes clips floating around the net... the REAL training does not get put in the actual show.
    Do you honestly believe he could train these dogs in 5 minutes flat using a few simple techniques, not fricken likely, there is a lot that gets left out, same as any show like that.

    He is doing a live show down here soon... you couldn't pay me to go watch it.
    I have seen him do hours of life training, without and with cameras, personally. He had difficult dogs and even though it was not as quick as in the show, he seemed reasonable.
    Pets are forever

  6. #136

    Default

    Ewwwww we are onto Cesar Millan, is there a spew icon?

    Seriously, he is a joke, he has no formal training, he has been sued more times than I care to count, his alpha roll is a joke, and he floods dogs instead of training them properly. Flooding is not a training technique.

    As Crested said, check out some of the actually videos going around, the kind where the bad bits haven't been edited out to make it look like he is a good guy.

    I have seen him kick a dog in the neck. The guy has been bitten so many times it is ridiculous and why? Because he doesn't know what he is doing and because he is heavy handed.

    Not to mention the amount of times I have seen him put dogs into a large group when they are not ready for it (flooding) and they have gotten into a fight, causing injuries to dogs.

  7. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newfsie View Post
    I think the dogs he takes on are ignored or refused by a lot of trainers.
    Having had my own huge problem dog, I have been at the side where suddenly all these Positive reinforcement Super Trainers in both Sydney and Melbourne and here locally, just either ignored my pleas for help, told me to PTS the dog or refused to help. It was only the Cesar Milan style Trainer who was willing to help.....I could mange her myself and had her under control. but could not relax or be in any relaxed dog environment, until he helped me.
    I went and asked many of the best known R+ for help and I was willing to spend $$$'s....Only Scott Harris and Craig Murray, who were the first two P+ Behaviourists were willing to help.
    So hence I will never be a 100% believer in R+/P-.........
    I'm not a 100% believer in purely positive training, in fact I will argue a trainer's right to use corrections until my face is blue.

    However I don't believe CM's methods are the best or only way, I certainly know trainers/behaviourists who see countless "red zone" dogs and get results quickly without using methods like the alpha roll (they aren't PP only trainers but the corrections they use aren't confrontational like CMs)

    We actually talked about this at a recent K9 Pro workshop, methods like alpha rolls are IMO outdated and dangerous at best.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern NSW
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    As you may have read in my previous....I am not in total agreement with his methods at all, but I still love seeing him with all his dogs..........No matter what is said about him, that is still impressive.

    And I agree that I would never allow him to have one of my dogs......
    Pets are forever

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    I am not purely positive either, but I sure as shit am not abussive! I think there is a line and its pretty darn thick and this guy (IMO) has crossed it!
    Rubylisious


  10. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Lover View Post
    I am not purely positive either, but I sure as shit am not abussive! I think there is a line and its pretty darn thick and this guy (IMO) has crossed it!

    In regards to the video in the OP - I find his training leaves a lot to be desired however I don't see him as any more abusive than CM. JMO.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •