Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: Staffies Fighting

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    I disagree with the others. How can you rule out any help simply because of their breed?
    Breed means nothing, this is behavioural issue, that any breed can have. My Kelpie is more 'vicious' towards other dogs then any SBT I've ever met-no joke!
    We have a Staffy client, and she is the most submissive sooky dog I've ever met. She naturally rolls over when ever she meets anyone or any dog.
    I'm a vet nurse, and what your vet suggested sounds very likely.
    Have there been any warning signs before these attacks?
    Has food, toys or human affection been involved?

    That is good the the bitch SBT is sooky etc, but i for one know only to well what the SBT is capable of when it comes to fighting, believe me all SBT's regardless of breeding or raising etc have fighting capabilities that can be unleashed at any given time for any reason & that is something that should be respected & not taken lightly by any owner !!!!!. I just wish all newbies to the breed were knowledgeable on the Breeds history.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Oh my gosh? Are you kidding me!?
    This is why the breed is so damaged.... I would defend myself and the breed, but I swear 90% of the Staffy owners I meet are self righteous and uneccessarily aggressive, so I'm not gonna bother.
    Education not Legislation

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Oh my gosh? Are you kidding me!?
    This is why the breed is so damaged.... I would defend myself and the breed, but I swear 90% of the Staffy owners I meet are self righteous and uneccessarily aggressive, so I'm not gonna bother.

    I too will defend my heart breed to the very end.

    No its not a matter of being self righteous, nor are we owners aggressive either it's a matter of understanding & respecting the breeds history. Also being a responsible owner & being aware of the breeds capabilities. A lot of respectable responsible breeders will not only NOT sell a male SBT to an inexperienced owner who already has a male SBT, but also tell of the breeds true history so that the prospective new owners understand the SBT & it's true history.

    Its not good hiding or denying the truth about the breeds history or putting your hand in the sand so to speak. Education goes a long way.

    & if the breed is so called damaged as you say then that is the fault of the iresponsible owners who think its fun & ok to allow their dogs to show aggression towards & fight with other dogs. BYB's have a lot to answer to also, breeding from not so good stock & selling pups to any inexperienced idiot.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Oh my gosh? Are you kidding me!?
    This is why the breed is so damaged.... I would defend myself and the breed, but I swear 90% of the Staffy owners I meet are self righteous and uneccessarily aggressive, so I'm not gonna bother.
    I hope this is not meant for me... I am a proud stafford owner... I don't know why you think it's necessary to try to put me down or my breed... I have no time for people who judge me without knowing me... My advice is meant for stubbie, the original poster... but if you want to get into why YOU think that the stafford breed is damaged start another thread...

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    Oh my gosh? Are you kidding me!?
    This is why the breed is so damaged.... I would defend myself and the breed, but I swear 90% of the Staffy owners I meet are self righteous and uneccessarily aggressive, so I'm not gonna bother.

    I as a SBT owner & fanatic find that comment quite offensive.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Fanatic View Post
    ... believe me all SBT's regardless of breeding or raising etc have fighting capabilities that can be unleashed at any given time for any reason & that is something that should be respected & not taken lightly by any owner !!!!!....
    What breed of dog DOESN'T this statement apply to? It seems silly to peg STBs, or any other breed, with such a sweeping statement that applied to all breeds and all owners.

    In all honesty, the OP sounds like they have had a single dog for a long time, gotten a puppy and not desexed it straight away, and are having subsequent dominance issues because of it. Supervision, training, and decrease in hormones of the pup will all help in the coming months.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy_07 View Post
    What breed of dog DOESN'T this statement apply to? It seems silly to peg STBs, or any other breed, with such a sweeping statement that applied to all breeds and all owners.
    I think what they're saying is SBTs, and most bull breeds, are capable of doing far more damage than most other breeds if a fight does occur.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    A Doberman, Rottwieler or German Shepherd could do a huge amount of damage.
    Education not Legislation

  9. #19

    Default

    It's true that lots of breeds can do a huge amount of damage to but this original post was regarding staffords... which is the only reason I answered... we are not discussing other breeds... as I said previous if you want to discuss how good or bad staffords are start another thread, otherwise it seems you are just trying to push buttons to get a reaction.. the idea is to help the original poster live with his two male stafford in harmony... not an easy feat desexed or not... you can try to ignore the fact as much as you like, staffords (and most bull breeds) are not like other dogs and anyone who owns them should be aware of what they were breed for, and what their capabilities are... My old boy is not a fighter at all, but he will still defend himself to the end if he feels it needed.. it's my job as his owner and protector to make sure he never feels the need...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    I'm a moderator, I assure you im not wanting a 'reaction'.
    I simply said I disagree about the statements you and another member said, and I got a snappy response in which I would usually disreguard, but couldn't let it go.

    I meet a lot of Bull breed owners that think their breed is so much different to so many others, but they really arnt.
    My Kelpie would defend herself if she had too, my Jack Russell wouldn't. Its personality within the dog, not their heritage or breed, as my submissive Staffy story attempted to prove.
    Any breed used for bull baiting or dog fighting at any stage in their history, can't live peacefully with another dog? Really?
    Pit Bulls, SBTs, Bull Terriers, Dogo Argentinos, English Mastiffs, Akitas, Shar Peis, Boxers, Cane Corsos, Dogue De Bordeaux(sp?) and Tosa Inus. All of them? Cause I've seen these breeds(the common ones that is) live happily with one another plenty of times, and these are just some off the top of my head. Its all how the dog is raised, which you should know. No two dogs are guranteed to get along, which is being displayed by the OP, the fact they're both Staffys doesnt matter.

    This is still relevent to the original question, so can be discussed here.
    Education not Legislation

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •