Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Advice Needed.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lala Land!!!
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    It was going well until we got some unexpected visitors. Pipi was immdediately distracted as there was now 7 of us in the house instead of 3.

    Will try again tomorrow, after Paws In The Park!!
    Congratz! Just remeber do not ask her to do something if she is too distracted to bother complying
    Good luck tomorrow!

    Breeding, Showing, Training and general crazy making!!!
    If you seek understanding listen to the music, not the song.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaari View Post
    Congratz! Just remeber do not ask her to do something if she is too distracted to bother complying
    Good luck tomorrow!
    Thanks! You have been of most help.

    Hehe thats why I stopped, didn't bother to continue as she was too busy showing off her fetch skills to Dads friends

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lala Land!!!
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    Hehe thats why I stopped, didn't bother to continue as she was too busy showing off her fetch skills to Dads friends
    Well done!! most times people dont think about that

    Breeding, Showing, Training and general crazy making!!!
    If you seek understanding listen to the music, not the song.

  4. #14

    Default

    Hey Ash,

    we have S-U-C-C-E-S-S!

    Pipi may not have mastered this skill but she has learnt it!

    I tell her to sit, she sits, I say drop and she drops then I press the clicker and give her a treat.

    She has learnt that the clicker means reward and well done as she now watches it the whole time she is sitting or dropping.

    I am so happy!

    Our next trick is shake, I have never had great success with this trick as she does not like people touching her feet at all.

    I researched this and there was some advice which indicates if your dog does not like their feet touched to shake from their elbow and lower leg.

    I held her there earlier and she didn't mind.


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lala Land!!!
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Well done!! I am so happy for you

    Breeding, Showing, Training and general crazy making!!!
    If you seek understanding listen to the music, not the song.

  6. #16

    Default

    Here's an update.

    The past few days we have continued our clicker training with drop, Pipi has nearly mastered this trick as much as she possibly can.

    Will continue to do this trick until she well understands it more and does it without the clicker.

    After learning drop, I would like to train her to shake. But first of all we are going to be clicker training out on walks so she learns to sit down at the traffic lights oppose to jumping up on me.

    One thing she knows is to go straight as she hears them go green, I did not teach her this she just picked it up.

    Will keep you posted..

  7. #17

    Default

    Ok I am inspired I'm going to teach mine to drop and shake too

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lala Land!!!
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Well done with your training.

    Just a thought though, at the trafic lights it is a god idea to just get her to sit and walk when you tell her not the lights, not everyone pays atention to the lights and she could get collected (hell I almost did yesturday!) This also re-enforces that she should take her ques off you
    Good luck with her!

    Breeding, Showing, Training and general crazy making!!!
    If you seek understanding listen to the music, not the song.

  9. #19

    Default

    Well done with all the training Belle. Keep it up!

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Ok I am inspired I'm going to teach mine to drop and shake too
    Lol, it is good fun! Let me know how you get on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaari View Post
    Well done with your training.

    Just a thought though, at the trafic lights it is a god idea to just get her to sit and walk when you tell her not the lights, not everyone pays atention to the lights and she could get collected (hell I almost did yesturday!) This also re-enforces that she should take her ques off you
    Good luck with her!
    Thanks, Ash.

    Oh okay, yep will give it a go. Was thinking that I should do that...

    Thanks again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannic View Post
    Well done with all the training Belle. Keep it up!
    Thanks Boh!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •