Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Feeding for Training

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneygotpierced View Post
    For the first time in a long time, I feel young! Confusing adults with my lingo.
    Dis, you are young. Very young. If 'confusing adults' with today's rediculous teenage language makes you laugh, think twice please.
    You may end up getting more than you bargained for.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneygotpierced View Post
    For the first time in a long time, I feel young! Confusing adults with my lingo.
    hmmm....feeling somewhat annoyed now! Was that a part of your plan too with your teenage lingo?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Dis, you are young. Very young. If 'confusing adults' with today's rediculous teenage language makes you laugh, think twice please.
    You may end up getting more than you bargained for.
    Only makes me laugh when what I'm saying makes 100% sense to me, because it makes me realize I am just a kid, which is a nice feeling.

    I don't laugh at people for not understanding, that's just stupid.

    And clea I don't know what you mean by 'my plan?'

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FNQ
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Oh please! Come on! serously, I asked a legit question, and I get people bitching about 'plans' and lingo! Please, save it for the off topic section!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerini View Post
    Oh please! Come on! serously, I asked a legit question, and I get people bitching about 'plans' and lingo! Please, save it for the off topic section!
    Things often get off topic within a thread, you have already been given some brilliant advice. Just laugh along with most of it, after all, some things have already gone to the dogs

    If you are planning to use her normal food as treats for training you need to make sure that it is of high value to her. If you're going to use it don't feed her first, instead have your training session at meal times and make sure you have measured out what she needs to have and you use all of it. Or use part of it for training and the other part give to her like you usually would in her bowl after you have finished the training.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FNQ
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    Things often get off topic within a thread, you have already been given some brilliant advice. Just laugh along with most of it, after all, some things have already gone to the dogs

    If you are planning to use her normal food as treats for training you need to make sure that it is of high value to her. If you're going to use it don't feed her first, instead have your training session at meal times and make sure you have measured out what she needs to have and you use all of it. Or use part of it for training and the other part give to her like you usually would in her bowl after you have finished the training.
    Oh Ange, that was a terrible joke.
    For the mince and stuff, would I half the amount of kibble, and mix them together, or feed them separate?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,596

    Default

    Either or both.

    You can feed the mince stuff first, and then the kibble. If she likes the mince best, she should slow up on the kibble and you can take it away and feed that much less the next time.

    I often mix my dog's casserole with the kibble because that's more likely to get her to eat the kibble and I think she needs it most times - not enough calories in the home made, though I could just double her home made I suppose. Other times I let her eat it separately or I load the kibble into a treat ball - which sometimes ruins the five to ten minute feed idea but it gives me an idea of how hungry she is. If she's really hungry she will work the treat ball really hard until it's empty. If she's not so hungry she won't bother.

    Left over kibble is much easier to deal with than left over mince because it keeps better.

    Sometimes I put the left over kibble mixed with yogurt or plugged with peanut paste into a kong too.

    I think if I fed her only casserole - she'd refuse the kibble when we're travelling or I run out of casserole.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerini View Post
    Oh Ange, that was a terrible joke.
    For the mince and stuff, would I half the amount of kibble, and mix them together, or feed them separate?
    Sorry! Couldn't help it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •