Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: The Fall from Pedestals

  1. #11

    Default

    awww, what thread? LOL

    www.cinspets.com.au
    I am doing Relay For Life in 2011, please contact me to make a donation

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Numurkah
    Posts
    681

    Default

    This is a horror story about a "Rescuer" who sold 2 chihuahua rescue to a very old couple as their little one had died and they missed it so much so did a fair bit of travelling to get the other two. Yes, they had been vet checked and desexed, alls well so far. So now the old couple have 2 Adult dogs, NOT desexed, and one puppy left out of 4 that the bitch had and she had rolled on the other 3 sadly and they died.
    To do this to an elderly couple is a bloody disgrace.
    Last edited by PeiLuver; 02-16-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeiLuver View Post
    This is a horror story about a "Rescuer" who sold 2 chihuahua rescue to a very old couple as their little one had died and they missed it so much so did a fair bit of travelling to get the other two. Yes, they had been vet checked and desexed, alls well so far. So now the old couple have 2 Adult dogs, NOT desexed, and one puppy left out of 4 that the bitch had and she had rolled on the other 3 sadly and they died.
    To do this to an elderly couple is a bloody disgrace.
    Aw man, that's really sick.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Numurkah
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Dont know Anne, but it was in Wangaratta.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hawkesbury, NSW
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    and they DARE to call themselves rescue?!!!!!

    In My Home Dog Minding
    www.greyhoundrescue.com.au

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I have a simalar story. 5 months ago my aunty and I heard about Chihuahuas that a woman was selling, my aunty has always wanted one and so we went together to look at the dogs she had. When we arrived at their property I was horrified, the woman showed us to her closed in porch area where she had 5 chihuahuas, 3 she said were still for sale and the other 2 she was keeping, she told us that she had been rescuing and breeding them for 15 years and had already sold the others. I could not believe people would pay for them when they should have been seized. I picked the 3 dogs up and walked out giving the woman a mouth full on my way. I refused to pay and she didn't protest, either because she knew I was right or she was in shock that a 19 yr old had just told her off. Needless to say I told her local council who got a rescue group involved and seized the other 2. My little man Joey has cost alot in vet bills and we thought that he was healthy but now it turns out he will have long term issues because of her treatment of them. How these people call themselves rescuers I don't know.mad::

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hawkesbury, NSW
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Good on you dogmad! The sad thing is that the woman is not really doing rescue, but many byb's will say they rescue so you think they are caring and will buy one of their dogs.

    Your story has just reminded me of someone who I am aware of who is involved with a rescue group here in Sydney that seems to acquire an awful lot of puppies that people just "give her". A friend of mine speaks with her regularly and we suspect she is byb'ing somewhere and selling the pups through rescue and elsewhere. We do know of one litter she admitted to breeding. In all my years of rescue I've never had anyone come up to me and just give me a litter!

    In My Home Dog Minding
    www.greyhoundrescue.com.au

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greysaregreat View Post
    good on you dogmad! The sad thing is that the woman is not really doing rescue, but many byb's will say they rescue so you think they are caring and will buy one of their dogs.

    Your story has just reminded me of someone who i am aware of who is involved with a rescue group here in sydney that seems to acquire an awful lot of puppies that people just "give her". A friend of mine speaks with her regularly and we suspect she is byb'ing somewhere and selling the pups through rescue and elsewhere. We do know of one litter she admitted to breeding. In all my years of rescue i've never had anyone come up to me and just give me a litter!
    pullhairout.gif pullhairout.gif pullhairout.gif

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wodonga
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Some rescuers are Selfish, jealous creatures, others are complete hypocrits and others have a god complex. If it isn't about the dogs it isn't about rescue

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Occy View Post
    Some rescuers are Selfish, jealous creatures, others are complete hypocrits and others have a god complex. If it isn't about the dogs it isn't about rescue
    I agree...100%!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •